Page 8 of 16 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    Maybe he's just not that into you.
    "Mocking idiots" is usual past time for idiots. "Haha, look how idiotic they are" while being no better.

Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    "Mocking idiots" is usual past time for idiots. "Haha, look how idiotic they are" while being no better.
    Good thing I'm better.

Now back to the main topic: why do you think Russians are increasingly concerned about Western sanctions and isolation? Kind of seems like they don't have much faith in Putin's little strategy.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Quote Originally Posted by Ulmita View Post
    on if's AND facts Crispin, like any other report.

USSR fell because of the arms race and oil prices. Well, they've tried this already and they failed.

The only reason I am even posting here is that I am tired of reading for the past 4 - 4.5 years all the doom and gloom scenarios that some people keep posting in here despite the all the obvious indicators that point to the exact opposite direction.

You all need to be realistic; Russia isn't going anywhere anytime soon and we all need to start thinking on how to cooperate with them instead of bark at each other. We all share the same piece of rock after all.
    We do not share values with Russia, their agenda is to undermine our society. The exact same is true for the opposite, cooperation at this point is not going to happen period.

And excuse me if I have a hard time taking your arguments serious, it's still quite fresh in memory how you called the Japanese "japs", and your sole argument for taking Russia serious is "NUKES!". Here's some more facts, Italy's economy is bigger than Russias and that is a fucking joke. GDP per capita and it matches Greeces. It's impressive that it's that bad, considering the natural resources. The few things Russia excel in is obvious lying and incompetence at fullfilling it's full potential.

Good thing I'm better.
    You watched lots of them - don't you see they think that way too?

Now back to the main topic: why do you think Russians are increasingly concerned about Western sanctions and isolation? Kind of seems like they don't have much faith in Putin's little strategy.
    Because they don't trust Putin as much as before after hiking pensions age, obviously, and because "victories" on foreign policy front are relatively scarce.

You watched lots of them - don't you see they think that way too?
    I imagine they see a lot of things wrong, I mean that's kind of what an idiot is.

Because they don't trust Putin as much as before after hiking pensions age, obviously, and because "victories" on foreign policy front are relatively scarce.
    Certainly the whole Trump escapade turned out to bring him nothing but further sanctions and isolation. So much for that genius move.

Quote Originally Posted by Crispin View Post
    We do not share values with Russia, their agenda is to undermine our society. The exact same is true for the opposite, cooperation at this point is not going to happen period.
    Russian "agenda" is maintaining diversity of opinions in a hope of finding some place for themselves - because current "consensus" clearly leaves none.

Here's some more facts, Italy's economy is bigger than Russias and that is a fucking joke. GDP per capita and it matches Greeces. It's impressive that it's that bad, considering the natural resources.
    Have you ever tried calculating how much value those "natural resources" would add to average Russian well-being if they would be "evenly distributed"?

Results might surprise you. Middle East oil countries get rich because they are quite small...

And most of it already goes back to Russians through various government-provided services as oil companies are major tax-payers.

- - - Updated - - -

I imagine they see a lot of things wrong, I mean that's kind of what an idiot is.
    Humans are generally bad at self-assessment.

Don't really need it most of the time - there is usually society around to point out blind spots.

Certainly the whole Trump escapade turned out to bring him nothing but further sanctions and isolation. So much for that genius move.
    But that would have happened anyway - US started this conflict and made no attempts to stop.

We certainly could expect Clinton to be a lot more hawkish given her history. At the moment Syria is going quite nicely after Trump's symbolic launches; might have been quite different under her.
    Last edited by Shalcker; 2018-12-11 at 12:17 PM.

We can protect and slowly expand our turf.

It looks like we'll get Middle East for ourselves by mid-2020-2030s ...
    You're forgetting 1 tiny detail: only thugs want to be in your sphere of influence. And the majority of the world population is fighting hard to counter thugs nationally and internationally.

The Russian Federation is a disgrace to humanity and no decent soul wants to be part of it. Putin and his oligarchs will fail.
    "The opposite of love is not hate, it's indifference. The opposite of art is not ugliness, it's indifference. The opposite of faith is not heresy, it's indifference. And the opposite of life is not death, it's indifference."

Elie Wiesel (1928 – 2016)

Quote Originally Posted by Adolecent View Post
    You're forgetting 1 tiny detail: only thugs want to be in your sphere of influence. And the majority of the world population is fighting hard to counter thugs nationally and internationally.
    West isn't "majority of the world population". Not one bit.

"Majority of the World Population" is India and China - both on friendly terms with Russia.

The Russian Federation is a disgrace to humanity and no decent soul wants to be part of it. Putin and his oligarchs will fail.
    Sadly, it looks like you will fail.

Even if your ideas on "human rights" might be good, spreading them through coercion doesn't really work.

Quote Originally Posted by Omega10 View Post

I've only done a little bit of research
    It shows. While there are some sanctions on russia, they aren't really that expansive. They're still allowed to sell oil. They're still allowed to export. Russians (in general) are still allowed to use the US banking system. The sanctions really only hit certain people, certain businesses (because of who they're owned by, and largely target the IMPORT of technology for oil production, as well as other energy interests and arms manufacturers), and banks (because of the payments they facilitate for the people who are sanctioned). They're not broad scale sanctions that are actually intended to harm the russian economy at large.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rudol Von Stroheim View Post
    I do not need to play the role of "holier than thou". I'm above that..

Deleted
    West isn't "majority of the world population". Not one bit. "Majority of the World Population" is India and China - both on friendly terms with Russia.
    Yeah, that is a delusion.

If we took the entire population of all the Western nations, we are still the demographic minority globally, and we shall only become smaller in percentage. Majority of the nations of our world have fine or neutral relations with Russia.

Quote Originally Posted by Prabog View Post
    Yeah, that is a delusion.

If we took the entire population of all the Western nations, we are still the demographic minority globally, and we shall only become smaller in percentage. Majority of the nations of our world have fine or neutral relations with Russia.
    I will add you to the list of obvious russian trolls alongside shalcker and ulmita. Grats.

Unless you think "Neutral" is how for instance china views russia, is. In the EU, only serbia considers russia friendly. In africa everyone is of course "neutral" since you have zero presence. In asia, I really have no knowledge on but I'd wager the same "neutral" applies as it is in africa.
    "It's just like I always said! You can do battle with strength, you can do battle with wits, but no weapon can beat a great pair of tits!"

Humans are generally bad at self-assessment.

Don't really need it most of the time - there is usually society around to point out blind spots.
    Yeah I consider it a calling.

But that would have happened anyway - US started this conflict and made no attempts to stop.
    The US made Putin invade Crimea? The US made Putin interfere in democratic elections?

Yeah, don't think so buddy. This was all Supreme Leader's plan. Blowing up spectacularly in his face, and who suffers the consequences? Not him or his rich cronies. Poor suckers like you.

The US made Putin invade Crimea? The US made Putin interfere in democratic elections?
    Yes to both.

Those were only available effective responses to US actions.

Yeah, don't think so buddy. This was all Supreme Leader's plan. Blowing up spectacularly in his face, and who suffers the consequences? Not him or his rich cronies. Poor suckers like you.
    I don't suffer from it either.

I'm firmly in middle-class position pretty much no matter what happens.

Yes to both.

Those were only available effective responses to US actions.
    Mmmm, suddenly your "oh Putin is bad sure" talking points go out and you crack open the real hardcore propaganda. Funny that.

Mmmm, suddenly your "oh Putin is bad sure" talking points go out and you crack open the real hardcore propaganda. Funny that.
    What do you think is right response to coup in neighbour country by your adversary?

Suppose tomorrow Russia would install pro-Russian leader in Mexico, what would you do? "Complain to UN"?

Deleted
    What do you think is right response to coup in neighbour country by your adversary?

Suppose tomorrow Russia would install pro-Russian leader in Mexico, what would you do? "Complain to UN"?
    theyd build the wall trump wants lol

I really hope you're being paid to believe this crap.

I really hope you're being paid to believe this crap.
    So, you have no better responses in mind?

That kind of confirms my point.

Who cares how you perceive it? Russian actions are driven by Russian perceptions and Russian needs, not yours.

Who cares how you perceive it? Russian actions are driven by Russian perceptions and Russian needs, not yours.
    Who cares how a Putin shill perceives something?

As we were just discussing, how Putin perceived the situation and the plan he came up with has utterly fucked Russia over. So yeah, Russian needs as you put it are not being served by Putin at all.

Who cares how a Putin shill perceives something?

As we were just discussing, how Putin perceived the situation and the plan he came up with has utterly fucked Russia over. So yeah, Russian needs as you put it are not being served by Putin at all.
    His actions there were approved by majority of population though.

Better percentages then Brexit or Trump too.

Countries do fuck themselves over now and then; and then they all recover from it. One option closes, another option opens.

Right or wrong, you got to make a choice, and choice was made.