Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    I liked it. It made me level every class and play each spec at least once.

Let the tower rot in peace please!I think it just wasn't popular content amongst the casuals.
    It begins with absence and desire.It begins with blood and fear.It begins with....

Quote Originally Posted by Pepe The Frog View Post
    I hope they bring something like it back for legion (with good cosmetics rewards obviously) else I aint coming back for bfa.
    Mage Tower was a great if not the greatest incentive for end game content to level AND gear alts for. It also teaches you that mechanics matter as well as talent changes and plenty of other good stuff that you may haven’t known about your class/spec

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Jamie081 View Post
    If they do it again I wonder how they'll handle rewards since we don't have artifacts anymore.
    Class sets and weapons since tier class sets are gone
    "You know you that bitch when you cause all this conversation."

Quote Originally Posted by Brubear View Post
    Did you have the legendary legs? Those also made a huge difference I'm told.

The biggest problem was that, not only were the challenges far more difficult depending on your spec, but it could even depend on what legendary's you had as well. With some of the specs, if you had the right legendary's you could do the challenge fairly easy sub-900 ilvl, but with others only the very best players even had a shot of beating them with an ilvl under 900/910 range.

Plus, they really weren't very good at testing role skills. The tank one was just as much about availability and positioning as the other ones, and the DPS ones were no more of a DPS race than the tank one (I didn't do any of the healer ones so I can't really speak to them).
    I had pridas and the other lego was from holy hahahaha

As someone who returned late Legion after a ~5 year break, I freaking loved Mage Tower. One of the best additions to the game (Vanilla 2005 vet here).

I literally did it with the worst gear possible (mostly questing blues) out of sheer principle. It was amazur. Pls more

10+ Year Old Account
    Didnt finish it. Too much effort to just get extra models. Lvl class gear it up and finally done the MT. No tnx :P

Did you have the legendary legs? Those also made a huge difference I'm told.

The biggest problem was that, not only were the challenges far more difficult depending on your spec, but it could even depend on what legendary's you had as well. With some of the specs, if you had the right legendary's you could do the challenge fairly easy sub-900 ilvl, but with others only the very best players even had a shot of beating them with an ilvl under 900/910 range.

Plus, they really weren't very good at testing role skills. The tank one was just as much about availability and positioning as the other ones, and the DPS ones were no more of a DPS race than the tank one (I didn't do any of the healer ones so I can't really speak to them).
    I wouldn't consider myself anywhere near "the very best" but I did the warlock ones last with ~890 gear and no legendaries.
    Hell, I don't even think I had all 3 relics either. https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/ch...jaeden/Unsegen

Similar with shaman: https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/ch...den/Regenstrum

Looking at a bunch of my alts they were in gear that ranged from 160-180 (whatever that was pre-squish...630 was 180? Whatever normal EN was). Some classes just had it extremely easy compared to others. The arms warrior one took me 3 tries (Xyleum) only because I didn't know the mechanics and figured I would just strong arm it...which I mostly did. Whereas the sub rogue version, even with the AOE ring which made the ice part a lot easier (even though I died a bunch of times to this mechanic), took me somewhere in the neighborhood of 60+ tries. Same fight, but vastly different in difficulty.
    Last edited by Coldfrostzero; 2018-12-12 at 01:27 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Coldfrostzero View Post
    I wouldn't consider myself anywhere near "the very best" but I did the warlock ones last with ~890 gear and no legendaries.
    Hell, I don't even think I had all 3 relics either. https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/ch...jaeden/Unsegen

Similar with shaman: https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/ch...den/Regenstrum

Looking at a bunch of my alts they were in gear that ranged from 160-180 (whatever that was pre-squish...630 was 180? Whatever normal EN was). Some classes just had it extremely easy compared to others. The arms warrior one took me 3 tries (Xyleum) only because I didn't know the mechanics and figured I would just strong arm it...which I mostly did. Whereas the sub rogue version, even with the AOE ring which made the ice part a lot easier (even though I died a bunch of times to this mechanic), took me somewhere in the neighborhood of 60+ tries. Same fight, but vastly different in difficulty.
    Yeah, if they'd done a better job of actually testing the class/spec roles and didn't vary so widely from spec to spec, I would have liked them a lot more.

Yeah, if they'd done a better job of actually testing the class/spec roles and didn't vary so widely from spec to spec, I would have liked them a lot more.
    Several challenges had slightly different mechanics depending on the class challenging them. Adds had more health on certain fights, mechanics hit harder, or timers were adjusted to use multiple abilities to deal with it. It was fine imo.

Mage Tower was easily my favourite addition to Legion. It allowed me to understand how other classes function and apply this to be better against them in pvp.

10+ Year Old Account
    FF14 > WoW. Not an opinion, that's facts.
    Honestly, they should just bring back the mage tower with the same skins but scale it up to 120 content, it'll leave us with something to do

Quote Originally Posted by lachlol View Post
    You know what... challenge modes were a progenitor of the Mage Tower. Why did they took it off? NO IDEA.

They changed it into a Mythic+ which is nothing like CMs. The biggest mistake they made with Mage Tower was the idea that everyone could do it if the one had good enough gear. The Challenge Modes were the opposite. Item level was fixed - the only thing that mattered was the skill... and time

Bring back Challange Modes and everything will be okay! Like literally - the thing I miss the most! They could improve it tho by giving it some replayability - badges/ tokens or something
    I'm sorry but that is complete bullshit, MoP CM were easy late MoP because of sockets didn't scale down, some items had 2 sockets and others had 3 like belt, legs and necklace.

In Draenor, if 2 people had The Blademaster trinket that drops off HFC, CM become a cakewalk and you can even do them with 4 players and boost a guy who is afk at the entrance.

CM were challenging at the start of the expansion, when sockets on gear aren't that common and trinkets are not that powerful or abusable like the Blademaster trinket.
    Edit Signature.

Quote Originally Posted by Inci View Post
    I'm sorry but that is complete bullshit, MoP CM were easy late MoP because of sockets didn't scale down, some items had 2 sockets and others had 3 like belt, legs and necklace.

In Draenor, if 2 people had The Blademaster trinket that drops off HFC, CM become a cakewalk and you can even do them with 4 players and boost a guy who is afk at the entrance.

CM were challenging at the start of the expansion, when sockets on gear aren't that common and trinkets are not that powerful or abusable like the Blademaster trinket.

Yeah, as far as I can agree, those are the balancing. And yeah, later into the expansion everyone knew the tricks and startegies to make it simple. I also did some runs in hald of the time required for gold using those tricks.

But if you want to be intellectually honest, you can't deny, there is a huge difference between few sockets, BiS stats, a trinket and a content that cannibalise itself after a patch or two thanks to the 50 item level gap... like, come on?
    And just because a few people were smart enough to bring a trinket, there still weren't many people to complete challenge modes to the very end of the expansion in comparison to Mage Tower where many people had few weapon skins, even on characters that they played once or twice. Even I, with the 50+ ilvl adventage, could destroy Agatha in Unholy DK challange without a proper understand of how to play this spec...

So saying that what I wrote is bullshit feels a bit overused.
    Last edited by Nebron; 2018-12-14 at 12:21 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Zaganite View Post
    Some of them couldnt still be zerged at the end of Legion. I still couldnt Sub rogue or any of the other tanks other then bear/Pala and they had normal Anton gear. They were a success because I know when they were up each week, those days were when I was logged on the most and then the other days were gearing or leveling other characters (especially invasions) to be ready for the next window.

If they come back, I dont know what reward would come with them
    Maybe full gear sets ( replacing tier sets)?
    OMG 13:37 - Then Jesus said to His disciples, "Cleave unto me, and I shall grant to thee the blessing of eternal salvation."

And His disciples said unto Him, "Can we get Kings instead?"