10+ Year Old Account

[WeakAuras] Tracking the multiple states of an ability in 1 display

Hey guys,

I saw a cursor WA back in Legion that tracked a Disc Priests cds/important info on the cursor and thought it was really cool but I repurposed it to suit the classes I played, and also at a beginner's level using the WA Interface.

I've ran into an issue that's been gnawing at me for a while now where I am beginning to track multiple states of an ability using 2 displays (one to track when an ability is available, and the other when it is cooldown in the same spot as the former, in addition to track if a dot/buff is active, such as Rejuv or Sunfire, and how long remains before refresh, or if it is not).

What I want to know is if it is possible to track these multiple states and define separate displays (see screenshots for reference) in a single ability WA display?

As an example, can I somehow combine Summon Infernal CD and Summon Infernal Rdy WA's in the screenshots below into just 1 WA, but still retain the displays I have set up for them both?

Summon Infernal on CD
    Summon Infernal Rdy
    In combat tracking multiple buffs/debuffs

I feel like I am missing something incredibly simple here, or perhaps I am just not experienced enough with lua to realise my own vision, but I'd appreciate any help with this.

I can also share the cursor WA, but it is quite big (I track cds across multiple classes and specs). See pastebin for WA.
    The Old Republic - Coral - Tomb of Freedon Nadd
    - Aseko - Marauder // Akeso - Assassin -
    - Akkyvineus - Shadow // Aseka - Sentinel -
    Stream // Hybrid Sin - Dat Push! - Carnage Op - Failbang
    i7 5820k 3.6ghz | MSI X99S ACK | Potenza 16GB DDR4 | MSI GTX 980 | 512GB Crucial M2 SSD | NZXT Phantom 630 Black | 1000W Corsair RM

AFAIK you either stack those WA's at the same position with the WA onboard functions or you have to do everything in LUA.

For this things (multiple condition, for the same or different spells, on the same icon) TellMeWhen is simply superior, since you can just use the onboard condition editor for stacking as many states of your single icon as you want.

A new class or a new spec is done in a few seconds/minutes in TellMeWhen, you can layout a simple rotation helper with as many states or special conditions as you want in a few clicks.

I got my UI setup in WA and TellMeWhen just for patch-day problems with either of the addons, but the setup time in TMW for that task (multi-condition-icons/rotation helper) is far quicker.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ange View Post
    AFAIK you either stack those WA's at the same position with the WA onboard functions or you have to do everything in LUA.
    While I agree that it is easier in tellmewhen, it is absolutely possible to do with weak auras (if i correctly understood what the op wants).

It is done by a combination of multiple triggers and by then using conditionals on these triggers to achieve the corresponding effect. I'm currently on my work pc with no access to wow to post a more cohesive answer with concrete examples, but I'll try to post what I mean when I get home later.

Talking

The "ready" aura is just the icon without the cooldown text?

Because you can just set up one icon aura with the trigger set to Cooldown, and selecting "Always" in the Show section of the trigger. This way the icon will always show, with the cooldown text and progress when in cooldown. You can then use Conditions to change settings depending on... well, conditions :P like desaturating/changing the alpha of the icon when on cooldown and all that.

That's about a simple cooldown. Other stuff like tracking a cooldown + duration (both of these with triggers) + refresh alert (this one could be done with conditions) can also be done on a single aura.

Try this for a cooldown + duration:

• Trigger 1: Aura, with the aura you want to track the duration of, set to show only when present.
    • Trigger 2: Cooldown, with the cooldown of the spell you want to track, set to "Always" so that it shows on cooldown and off cooldown.
    • Set trigger info to first active trigger.
    • You can use Conditions to change things like font color when Trigger 1 or 2 is active, so that cooldown text is for example white and size 12, and aura active text is green and size 16 (usually you set the default aura text to one or the other, and use one condition to set up the other state).

Duration refresh can be done entirely with Conditions:

• Trigger 1: Aura, same as before, with no mention to duration.
    • Condition 1: Trigger 1's duration equal or less than X = change icon's size+color/text color+size/etc.

The more complex stuff, the more trickier it gets, but you can do lots of things in one single aura combining triggers and conditions. One thing you can't do (yet, I guess...) is animations based on conditions, since they're limited to animations at start, on active, and on end. If they'd just improve the animation panel to include more animations to be triggered with conditions, it would make us unstoppable :O

I hope these measly explanations are of some use!
    Once upon a time... the end. Next time, try twice upon a time.

Deleted
    Ok, feril already explained the gist of it.
    Here is a very simple example with icy-veins for mage.
    It shows the icon with glow when ready, shows the remaining duration while running and then desaturates and shows the remaining cooldown while not ready yet.
    https://pastebin.com/8qNCm8d7

You just need to set the trigger to what you want, basically the same as when you set a new weak aura and add the conditionals which change the "look" when one or the other trigger is active.