Page 1 of 13
... LastLast

Smile It’s simple: If you’re unhappy, unsub.

It’s really that simple.

Post on the official forums as well if you’re interested in providing specific feedback. Maybe they’ll see it and maybe your point will be discussed at their meetings. I work in software development for a fortune 100 company and you can be damn sure we care about our customers. You have to make hard decisions, but ultimately people gotta pay for your products or you’re dead.

I’ve unsubbed and am currently trying out FF XIV. I don’t actually have my first job yet but I don’t care. Just enjoying seeing another take on MMO’s. Also playing some Starcraft 2 again. It’s still a great game.

Get out and enjoy your life. Make choices, try something new, try something old. Give feedback to Blizz if you love wow and want it to be good again but please please please don’t give them your money if you actually want to see a change.

Whenever I see someone say the "if you dislike the game, unsub" line, it's painfully obvious they are a casual who doesn't raid mythic with a core of friends they have known for years.

Many people probably had good time on the game with friends, and they want to see the game improve so those friends come back. Some people are already unsubed but are considering coming back pending changes/content.

Quote Originally Posted by Savagedragn View Post
    It’s really that simple.

Post on the official forums as well if you’re interested in providing specific feedback. Maybe they’ll see it and maybe your point will be discussed at their meetings. I work in software development for a fortune 100 company and you can be damn sure we care about our customers. You have to make hard decisions, but ultimately people gotta pay for your products or you’re dead.

I’ve unsubbed and am currently trying out FF XIV. I don’t actually have my first job yet but I don’t care. Just enjoying seeing another take on MMO’s. Also playing some Starcraft 2 again. It’s still a great game.

Get out and enjoy your life. Make choices, try something new, try something old. Give feedback to Blizz if you love wow and want it to be good again but please please please don’t give them your money if you actually want to see a change.
    Thank you! More people should live by this mentality.

Quote Originally Posted by Bumpy View Post
    Whenever I see someone say the "if you dislike the game, unsub" line, it's painfully obvious they are a casual who doesn't raid mythic with a core of friends they have known for years.
    This pretty much. It's not that simple at all.

Just because people are unhappy with the game is now, it doesn't usually mean that they hate it, they're just disappointed with the way the game is going. They want the game to get better, or back to the way it used to be. Though they don't always post constructively... they just have too much passion for a game they dedicated a great deal of their life to.
    Last edited by Tyraynor; 2018-12-10 at 01:32 AM.

That’s a reasonable point.

Do you playbother games with those people? Wow was reasonably unique in terms of online community building at launch but now the communities are aggregated in places like Dsicord. You can still log on, connect to discord, and play other competitive games with your same community of friends. Mythic raiding in Wow isn’t the only way to enjoy a gaming challenge with friends and a community.

What other methods would you suggest for making it know to Blizzard that they need to make changes “or else”?

The point about unsubbing is that it’s the 1 absolute way to effect their bottom line and light a fire under them. I’m interested in what you think for a better way.

I find my enjoyment of the game heavily weighs on the guild i'm in at the time.

Can have completely different experiences based on the people I play with.

Currently really enjoying it so they can keep my gold, have more than I know what to do with it anyway.

The uproar over the class pruning/ Global cool-down changes were immense in the Beta, Azerite traits were discussed a lot as well, Blizzard didn't care, in fact they doubled down on every aspect.

Millions have un-subbed because these changes made the game so slow/ boring. Blizzard have answered with silence, Fans are even bombarding every video released on youtube to promote the game with absolute savage reactions and dislikes. Even that has no effect.

Wow is dying, but we who are still subbed love the game, we will fight until the bitter end.

It’s also interesting to consider that Activision has a big role these days and to consider how they’ve handled low revenue with other games. I don’t know how much is Activision and how much is Bungee, but you can see with Destiny 2 that they’ve double downed on making as much money off of their dedicated fan base in terms of content cycle and pricing structure, but they also made a play at increasing the base with the “Free D2” for a bit.

I just mean to consider what Blizz might actually do if the numbers dropped dramatically on subs.

Exactly this.

And for the "but what about my guild/friends?" issue, just as OP said, Discord exists. Get everyone on there and keep in touch. If you are only friends with someone because you raid Mythic 2-3 times a week with them but have no interaction with them outside of that, it's not really a friendship, that's a colleague. If they don't want to join a Discord with you then do you really want to keep paying for and playing something you don't enjoy to keep playing with people who aren't really interested in talking to you outside the game?

I've personally had loads of "friends" in various games over the years that I had a great time with in that game but when it came to moving onto something else, they weren't interested in keeping in touch and that was fine. I just moved on and met new people. Now I have a bunch of online friends I talk to and play various games with and still get in touch with even if we aren't playing the same game on a regular basis anymore.

This applies to online and irl: If someone isn't bothered about making an effort to be friends with you then don't make the effort back. If someone isn't interested in talking to you outside of a game, don't keep playing just for the sake of keeping in touch. Move on, find new friends and enjoy life doing whatever you want to do not what others want you to do.

What you just described is like the 2% of the playerbase.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tonus View Post
    Anyway stop being such an ass fucktard.
    Quote Originally Posted by oblivium666 View Post
    Would you kindly go fuck yourself?

If you cant get other people to quit along with you, you have not proven that you are correct so OBVIOUSLY I need to tell as many people how shit everything is so they will quit as well and then I have proven to myself that I was right all along....

Quote Originally Posted by Divinexve View Post
    What you just described is like the 2% of the playerbase.
    Are you making a statement, trying to argue something, or what?

It’s really that simple.

yeah, providing feedback isn't an option, if you don't like it leave. lmfao, i bet you started in wrath and refer to MoP as "back in the day"

Also, how exactly is this kind of thread any more valid to post than a thread that talks about how this game is a 3 button joke so people like OP can still play. So which thread is more foolish? The pointless thread? Or the pointless thread talking about how pointless the pointless thread is? Glad you took the time to judge whether or not someone else's opinion was worth expressing but didn't take the time to judge whether your own dribble was appropriate to spew.

By your logic this is a pretty easy problem to solve for you, if you don't like to see the posts about the absolutely pathetic state of this game...Don't click them.
    Last edited by predasmoke3; 2018-12-10 at 02:13 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    This is simple. Simple thinking.

Most people aren't unhappy with everything in the game. They find some things fun, others OK, others bad. I'd bet that most of us lie somewhere on the spectrum from "Mostly like it but there are a few issues" to "mostly don't like it, lots of issues".

OP's statement is a rather immature desire for things to be black and white... you either like it and are happy or you don't like it and are unhappy. Life isn't like that, though.

Also, this is a discussion forum. If seeing that some people don't like parts of the game bothers someone that person should probably avoid forums. Not just these but any. That person should also gain the maturity to understand that people disagree and that doesn't make the others wrong, necessarily.

It’s really that simple.

It's simple, if you're not happy with peoples threads don't click them.

"Love it or leave it!" -an intelligent and mature person

It’s really that simple.

One of the problems I find, is that while I'm not having fun with any of the actual game elements of WoW, there's still enough of an RP community that I want to stick around, despite not wanting to support what the game has become. I've actually moved on to FFXIV as well, myself, but enough of my friends still RP on WoW that actually unsubscribing is proving very difficult.

Quote Originally Posted by clevin View Post
    This is simple. Simple thinking.

Most people aren't unhappy with everything in the game. They find some things fun, others OK, others bad. I'd bet that most of us lie somewhere on the spectrum from "Mostly like it but there are a few issues" to "mostly don't like it, lots of issues".

OP's statement is a rather immature desire for things to be black and white... you either like it and are happy or you don't like it and are unhappy. Life isn't like that, though.

Also, this is a discussion forum. If seeing that some people don't like parts of the game bothers someone that person should probably avoid forums. Not just these but any. That person should also gain the maturity to understand that people disagree and that doesn't make the others wrong, necessarily.
    I can't ever be sure of a poster's intent, but I'm giving the OP the benefit of the doubt, and assuming he's speaking from a place of genuine concern for the game and its players. And, from that perspective, he does make one good point (Albeit indirectly) that I think you would agree with:

By and large, the only way we really have of voicing our discontent with the game is by our subscriptions.

The developers have come up with a number of ways to justify ignoring negative feedback (Happy people don't post on the forums, GD has always been this way, etc.). Which is why I personally feel torn about unsubscribing. I want to give Blizzard that financial feedback, because the actual game they've made is something I in no way want to support, but.. The RP community that's built up over the years, that I've been a part of, and that Blizzard has had no part in, is something I want to stay for, and can't, without paying.
    Last edited by SirKickBan; 2018-12-10 at 02:08 AM. Reason: Formatting, and replying to a second poster

Yup. If it wasn't for the great group of people I've been progressing on mythic with, I would have called it another WoD and unsubbed a month in.

5+ Year Old Account
    It’s really that simple.

Indeed. Hitting at greedy corporations' bottom line is often the only way to make yourself(es) heard.
    Quote Originally Posted by trimble View Post
    WoD was the expansion that was targeted at non raiders.