Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by xZerocidex View Post
    Really? I didn't know it upgrades when the timer hits 0.
    That's not what he said tho.

I usually just do the key for weekly so as long as we finish in a decent time then I'll stay. I dont get people who leave when its near the end though. I prefer them leaving very early

I have only left one after 4 or 5 attempts to explain to a group that just aoeing an entire pack during certain affix combos (with the dps being on the low end) would not and never will work and that they should CC so they can kill it.

Doing 30-35k HPS on a trash pack and still wiping and not killing one mob, just... is a waste of time.

No, well I might but I will never be the first person to leave and since it is the first person who leaves that ruin the run I am relieved of the burden of guilt.
    Even then it has only happened once or twice because the other players were too fucking intense. I am talking telling people to kill themselves and threatening them just because they make a mistake in a dungeon levels of intense. I don't give a fuck if they mean it or not, I don't play WoW to deal with that shit.

So a flip side to this and I do stick with a bad group, one of the reasons I stick with a bad group because it ultimately makes you a better player because you have to do all the interrupts, CCs , stuns etc where it's lacking.

This weekend I had an experience with a ret paladin which we carried pretty much in Siege +10 (With my alt enhance shaman, so already a gimped grp.lol), kept dying and had to pretty much 4 man 1st 2 bosses. As we get to 2nd last boss he says he needs to leave. So this kind of things does leave a bad taste in your mouth, if you know the group is doing you a favour you could at least stick it out.

Ultimately it's always better to do with a guild group but even within guilds if you not playing the right spec your guild mates would rather pug a blood DK, Demon hunter, rogue or mage to push the key higher.

I never leave a M+ group while the timer is still running. If the timer runs out, I'll only leave the group if the other players are being a bunch of asses, like blaming each other and not admitting mistakes. Otherwise, I'll stay until completing the instance.

I've once spend 2+ hours in a King's Rest +10 because the players in the group were nice, and after the timer ran out we started having fun, laughing at some of the stuff happening. But we cleared it.

Deleted
    If its twink weekly +10 grp ill stay (~200% timer)

If its 15+ almost everyone is fine with leaving if u dont make timer

I have left a few and have felt bad about it but the group was either way above it's place or there was a toxic person who after being warned at least twice, kept on going.

Also if a Demon hunter or rogue ever complains about a group, please tell them it's rich coming from a person playing the best M+ specs in the game, if a elemental shaman says your doing bad then you need to worried.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by predasmoke3 View Post
    i love how you cite your repair bill as a reason for burning someone's key for the week when you can do 3 world quest for a full repair. stop posting and get some gold.

Also, no. I don't leave because it's a shitty thing to do and its honestly very core to what is wrong a large portion of the playerbase. Everything and everyone is expendable and they're just tools to help you pull the crank.
    It seems, unlike you, people have a better use of their time, rather than wiping all the day

10+ Year Old Account
    Left M+ once, when there were 4 players from a single guild and they started to shit on me after wipe which they caused. Otherwise no, I never leaving M+, no matter how bad it goes. Though if that run was expected to be in time, I don't have hard feelings if someone's leaving because group won't make it in time. I'm often joining just to increase Rio score, because I don't need any gear (other than a crazy procs) and I already finished +10, so if that run is not timed, it's basically a wasted time for me. But I won't left anyway, I don't consider my needs above other people needs. I can leave before dungeon is started, though, if I feel that this run isn't going to be what I expect.
    Last edited by vsb; 2018-12-10 at 07:28 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Aurondarklord View Post
    Only if it becomes clear that the group will not be able to finish, or some sort of pressing real life situation gives me no choice.
    Same here. I once ran a +10 FH key on my resto shaman and I had to OOM myself and spend every big healing CD as soon as it was available just to keep the tank alive on trash packs. If any DPS took any damage, they were dead cause I could not afford to not spam everything I had into the tank until I was out of mana and had to pray the trash was dead. We didn't take large pulls either, just standard 3-4 mobs per pack.

Then we got to the first boss and wiped, I was confused so I looked at the affixes - It was tyrannical week, my brain has just assumed it had to be fortified since we struggled so hard. I left immediatly.

Depends on the run. For example, last time when sanguine was one of the affixes. If a tank doesn't know how to play that affix, ignores any advice and on of that doesn't have any clue about the instance, I'm out.

Deleted
    Personally no, but this week we slowly pushed a 2 to 7 key, with a random, under geared alt group. One player had to go and we got this elitist raider.io keylevel 11 guy (/s), constantly blaming the tank for dying with skittish affix. As soon as it showed we weren't gonna make it in time, he left.

Blizzard should give you the option to invite a substitute, if a player has left/went offline for time x (not kicked), aka friend, to help you finish the dungeon. Make the new player ineligible for loot and deplete the stone, this would prevent abuse of the system, instead of ruining it for the whole group.

I'm not sure what the point of this thread is.
    There are people who leave and people who don't. Of each, there's good players and less experienced players. There's people who read the description when joining a group and people who don't and come with their own expectations. There's people who think they're too good for the group, people who leave if they're gonna wipe, people who need to leave for raid and also people who stay for three hours even though they know the group has no chance.

It's usually considered a dick move to leave outright, especially if the reason is that your expectation doesn't align with the reality and even moreso if it's not your key. A player is not good just by pure numbers - it's when he knows to adapt and to cover for others.
    I'll give an example: healer and two dpses die to crap in freehold, last boss. Only tank and one paladin dps left, 15% off the boss, a couple minutes left. If wipe, timer would run out. Let's assume you're the retri paladin, what do you do.
    You have the option to unload your dps, do your mechanics right till tank dies, wipe. Then you can rage at the others for dying like idiots and leave because the key is failed.
    Or you can actually make up for the group's fail. Run away and taunt the boss from the other side so the tank can bring himself up, off heal, do what you can even if it's not your role.
    A good player can turn the tables, a 'good' player does strictly what he has to and gets angry when other people fail.

10+ Year Old Account
    I've only left when the group keeps wiping with no progress on bosses if its my own key.

Deleted
    I was in a 16 siege, we got to last boss with 30s on the timer. I gave the last boss 2 attempts with Lust, one without then left.

I don't need the loot and if it's depleted by more than 5-10mins I won't get any score either so there's no point.

If i wanted to wipe on for hours with a minimal reward at the end of all that pain i would still raid in some so called "semi-progress" guilds and waste my time there.

If the group keeps wiping to the exact same mechanics (that i or someone else explicitl explaines several times) i simply leave. Ain't nobody got time for that.

Before i leave i always ask "are there any questions? not bad if, we're better of if i explain"

And then it goes like this

"nope we got dis" -> wipe #1

me "ok, so you have to do the following... got that all?"

"kk" -> wipe#2

At this point you have to call out the bads because they don't see what they're doing wrong"

me "yo [isnert player name], at mechanic x you gotta do z, you understand?"

"chill bruh i got this" -> wipe3

That's the point where i call it a day.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nathasil View Post
    I only do M+ with friends. If i did not have friends to run M+ with...i would not do them.
    Pretty much this. The only time I pug m+ is when it's a low key, I'm bored, and the note says "helping a friend", "chill", or when the required ilvl to join is low. Mainly do that to help out people, which they seem to appreciate.

If I ever would leave, I would explain why and not just leave without saying anything.
    Hi

The Patient
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by xZerocidex View Post

And no, I do wtf I want.
    How enjoyable it must be to do group content with you.

As for leaving a M+ group. I only do it after chatting with the group and people agree that it's pointless to continue. If everyone wants to continue Ill stay until the end. In BFA fortunately I haven't had to abandon any group.