Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Asrialol View Post
    16k dislikes is a backlash these days?

The Kul'tiran and Zandalari allied race "army" decided to downvote it, check Reddit. It's not really that big of a deal.
    Let me quote some famous youtuber: It is very hard to get a negative like to dislike ratio in the first place. There are videos of people kicking puppies and a video of somebody screeching with their fingers on a chalk board that have a positive like to dislike ratio.
    Being that far into the dislike section is indeed a pretty big backlash.

Quote Originally Posted by Accendor View Post
    Let me quote some famous youtuber: It is very hard to get a negative like to dislike ratio in the first place. There are videos of people kicking puppies and a video of somebody screeching with their fingers on a chalk board that have a positive like to dislike ratio.
    Being that far into the dislike section is indeed a pretty big backlash.
    I agree. And if we go to wow fansites, many people are also criticizing BfA, so this backlash isnt an isolated negative feedback from wow's costumers.

Still, i believe this was the first time a youtube video released by Blizzard was so downvoted, as it was the first time in a Blizzcon for Blizzard to be booed after the announcement of Diablo Immortal. Some people don't really care about all the current negativity around Blizzard, but Blizzard should really, because if this continues, their loyal costumers might start leaving them for good. Their stock value is already suffering with all this negativity.

As a costumer of Blizzard products I am worried, because honestly i don't want Blizzard or Warcraft to fail.
    Last edited by RangerDaz; 2018-12-12 at 05:11 PM.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Risale View Post
    Well not mine, my sub runs out next week so I'll have a look at 8.1 which should take about 30 minutes if you read and watch some of the stuff out there and then I am gone till I fall for the 9.0 trap unless somebody waves a magic wand and makes BfA actually more fun then WoD (yes I went there).
    A) nobody cares. If you're unsubbing in a week, just stop playing now. None of us are going to beg you to stay, and nobody gives 2 fucks if you're "unhappy"

B) comparing this expansion to WOD automatically proves you're incapable of having this discussion anyway, without acting like a spoiled child
    Sylvaeres-Azkial-Pailerth @Proudmoore

Quote Originally Posted by Azkial View Post
    A) nobody cares. If you're unsubbing in a week, just stop playing now. None of us are going to beg you to stay, and nobody gives 2 fucks if you're "unhappy"

B) comparing this expansion to WOD automatically proves you're incapable of having this discussion anyway, without acting like a spoiled child
    I care.

Checkmate.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Azkial View Post
    I care too. So it seems more people care than don't.

10+ Year Old Account
    If Blizzard wasn't having a developer Q&A then the thread would be "So, No Patch Q&A due to YouTube Comment Backlash".

I for one think that depending on YouTube comment ratios to have an opinion about something is lame; even more lame than, when it comes down to it, than what Asmongold or Preach are saying this week.

I can decide for myself whether or not I like something and express an opinion about that without leaning on any of that stuff.
    Last edited by MoanaLisa; 2018-12-12 at 05:54 PM.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

Quote Originally Posted by TheramoreIsTheBomb View Post
    I honestly think these tweets picked are fake as when I look them up the accounts do not even exist. The questions have already been ‘chosen’ by the devs and they’ve prepared their answer. This is no Q&A it’s our question and our answer
    I always thought that too, then on the last QA they answered one of my questions. I should say they "answered" it was basically a bunch of bs filibustering.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by hexzero13 View Post
    I always thought that too, then on the last QA they answered one of my questions. I should say they "answered" it was basically a bunch of bs filibustering.
    It happened to fit into “we can take this one to build something we want upon it” category. It’s just as moderated as most similar events go. When you let unmoderated questions in, you run the risk of Blizzcon fkups. I bet they already learned and will just have known shills and other safe picks get the mic next time. Hi totally unexpected Metzen
    Btw. please come back, man.

I voted with my wallet. I didn't buy BfA and don't plan to. Also don't have an active sub since august 2017.

Missed all of this, what is the reason for the backlash?

Quote Originally Posted by MoanaLisa View Post
    If Blizzard wasn't having a developer Q&A then the thread would be "So, No Patch Q&A due to YouTube Comment Backlash".

I for one think that depending on YouTube comment ratios to have an opinion about something is lame; even more lame than, when it comes down to it, than what Asmongold or Preach are saying this week.

I can decide for myself whether or not I like something and express an opinion about that without leaning on any of that stuff.
    Exactly.

Either way half the time Blizzard can't win with some of the community.

And I agree. Make your own damn opinion. That's what matters most.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by kumarshah View Post
    Missed all of this, what is the reason for the backlash?
    Class changes not being upto snuff and Diablo Immortal.
    Last edited by Eleccybubb; 2018-12-12 at 07:11 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dystemper View Post
    Hopefully Ion announces he is leaving Blizzard . Anything else then that wil be a failure
    Ion is not responsible for the lack of development resources allocated to WoW. To me it's painfully clear that Blizzard have decided to spend those resources elsewhere - hence the WoW team cannot do class balance, properly develop new features like Azerite, Expeditions and Warfront - or even keep up a decent content schedule, as they'd seemingly initially planned to make up for the lack of "mechanical" development.

Blizz has feels and cant take the angry children spamming YouTube comments.... If their game wasnt shit then they wouldn't have to worry about it.
    "I'm Tru @ w/e I do" ~ TM

Quote Originally Posted by Ungeir View Post
    Ion is not responsible for the lack of development resources allocated to WoW. To me it's painfully clear that Blizzard have decided to spend those resources elsewhere - hence the WoW team cannot do class balance, properly develop new features like Azerite, Expeditions and Warfront - or even keep up a decent content schedule, as they'd seemingly initially planned to make up for the lack of "mechanical" development.
    They recently rehired Holinka, for whatever that's worth, so who's to say. Clearly it may be on their radar.

Quote Originally Posted by MoanaLisa View Post

Not really. People see Blizzard's lack of communication as SOP. The only thing they point out is how they constantly harp on "we are trying to do better" but they only pop their heads up when the timing coincides with a need to do damage control.

That's reactive, not proactive, which is why they're getting dumped on. If they had maintained radio silence, that's still lacking in pro-activeness and should be called out just as much.

And there are loads of people who decide for themselves that they enjoy sniffing a bag of fermented urine and feces to get high, but I don't think they'll get a YouTube channel with people agreeing with them on the same scale as Asmongold or Preach.

You have to either bow to Asmongold or Preach as entertainers or analysts. In either case, they seem to know what their audience wants. At the very least they have the pulse of the community's satisfaction and are trying to articulate it.

https://clips.twitch.tv/LazyGenerousMallardSMOrc

Preach reaction (or clairvoyance?) to the upcoming Q&A.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mazinger-Z View Post
    https://clips.twitch.tv/LazyGenerousMallardSMOrc

Preach reaction (or clairvoyance?) to the upcoming Q&A.
    A pretty good impression he's making there tho

I hope they fix the game... I don't enjoy it much anymore...

I pretty much don't watch any youtube stuff for WoW anymore i had basically given up on the game after the heirloom nerfs and exp nerfs of 7.3.5 and them refusing to fix things it looks like they buffed exp this patch may give it another shot soon heres hoping they fix heirlooms back to their former state.
    Pretend i said something witty and profound.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lady Velvet View Post
    I hope they fix the game... I don't enjoy it much anymore...
    honestly cant see anything changing till new faces at the Dev level.
    Just cant wait for BFA to be over didnt even feel that way about WOD.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rides View Post
    I pretty much don't watch any youtube stuff for WoW anymore i had basically given up on the game after the heirloom nerfs and exp nerfs of 7.3.5 and them refusing to fix things it looks like they buffed exp this patch may give it another shot soon heres hoping they fix heirlooms back to their former state.
    Players caused the heirloom nerf so it will take players to get it changed, same way things happened with the xp changes.