Thread: Alliance PvP

Alliance PvP

Are alliance players really that little interested in playing pvp? 15 min queues as horde, and if I go mercenary I have 2-3 min queue.
    But alliance loses 9 times out of 10. Unless it's Eye of the Storm, because that one matters.

And don't give me "horde has bettur racialz for pvp".

I'm just wondering. See it in world pvp too. Little to no one running around with warmode on.
    DK faceroll omnomnom

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarrgoth View Post
    So, you don't want us to tell you the reason? You not liking the reason doesn't make it untrue... Horde has both the best PvE and PvP racials, which means Horde has more players who PvP, and more players who do both, which means they have more people queuing, which means they have longer queues.
    A gun is like a parachute. If you need one, and don’t have one, you’ll probably never need one again.

Quote Originally Posted by Schattenlied View Post
    So, you don't want us to tell you the reason? You not liking the reason doesn't make it untrue... Horde has both the best PvE and PvP racials, which means Horde has more players who PvP, and more players who do both, which means they have more people queuing, which means they have longer queues.
    Dwarves have a good racial, dark iron too. Gnome racial is decent, nelf can use shadowmeld to restealth, no? and human can sub out pvp trinket. Regardless, racials don’t mean anything in a casual battleground
    DK faceroll omnomnom

10+ Year Old Account
    Dwarves have a good racial, dark iron too. Gnome racial is decent
    1. Not as good as Horde racials, 2. People aren't going to faction transfer flop back and forth every time the racial balance changes, it's been Horde sided for years, the population has built up.

nelf can use shadowmeld to restealth, no?
    useful for exactly 2 classes, and it breaks all the time since it has no "can't be broken" duration like Vanish. Also doesn;t cause you to drop combat immediately in PvP, so if they saw you use it they have 8-10 seconds to just drop an AoE on you and break you out of Shadowmeld before combat drops.

and human can sub out pvp trinket.
    Not really no, it only works on stuns.

Regardless, racials don’t mean anything in a casual battleground
    Regardless, this is irrelevant, Horde's population of participants has still gotten larger, and therefore they have a longer queue.
    Last edited by Schattenlied; 2018-12-11 at 07:42 AM.
    A gun is like a parachute. If you need one, and don’t have one, you’ll probably never need one again.

Most pvp centered players have switched over to the horde and their friends/followers followed them. The remaining bunch are for the most part unskilled or pve focused players. ¯\_ (ツ) _/¯

1. Not as good as Horde racials, 2. People aren't going to faction transfer flop back and forth every time the racial balance changes, it's been Horde sided for years, the population has built up.

useful for exactly 2 classes, and it breaks all the time since it has no "can't be broken" duration like Vanish. Also doesn;t cause you to drop combat immediately in PvP, so if they saw you use it they have 8-10 seconds to just drop an AoE on you and break you out of Shadowmeld before combat drops.

Not really no, it only works on stuns.

Reguardless, this is irrelevant, Horde's population of participants has still gotten larger, and therefore they have a longer queue.
    What horde racials are better than get out of stun free card?

lol wut, bloodmallet says otherwise. Dwarf and velf racials crushing, for most classes the top 4 racials are alliance races, and dwarf outshines other by not an insignificant margin.

The reason why horde really stands above alliance is players like you.

- - - Updated - - -

It's not at all about the racials, of which, based on the raw data and real numbers you can clearly see that alliance is considerably ahead .. it's about the player base. One faction draws new players that want to be good guys but are very inexperienced, and draws players that are far more concerned with faction pride (i.e. being the good guys) than progression, and the other faction doesn't draw that so by default has a higher percentage of players concerned with progression vs being superficial in a video game.

- - - Updated - - -

The 1 and only horde racial that's even remotely competitive with alliance racials is getting nerfed by 50% tomorrow, the second best horde racial is getting nerfed by 25%, and horde will still continue to dominate progression.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lambskin View Post
    What horde racials are better than get out of stun free card?
    It shares a 90 second cooldown with the PvP talent that removes control effects... It essentially just reduces your trinket cooldown by 30 seconds if you use it on a stun, that's it.

btw, a gun is not like a parachute. If you need one you might be a pussy, it's situational ... but if you're jumping out of an airplane you need the proper tool that will best aid you to land safely. They're not at all similar.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by fiestatastic View Post
    If you need one you might be a pussy, it's situational
    Then in that situation it would clearly be "want", not "need", and therefore your example is irrelevant to the statement.

Now, try to stay on topic.

70% horde to 30% alliance, when it comes to players engaging in more than casual activities.
    That's why. And this sucks major ass, since i like pvp and like alliance.

Deleted
    Are alliance players really that little interested in playing pvp? 15 min queues as horde, and if I go mercenary I have 2-3 min queue.
    But alliance loses 9 times out of 10. Unless it's Eye of the Storm, because that one matters.

I'm just wondering. See it in world pvp too. Little to no one running around with warmode on.
    Racials are the cause, even if you dont like to read it.

In warlord of draenor alliance used to crush horde in the majority of random Bgs, then blizzard nerfed dwarf and human racials, and buffed the horde ones.

Wow-stats give you the proof that horde start to win again in legion after alliance racials nerfing: http://wow-stats.com/bgwr01.html

But in EU alliance will alway dominate Rated PvP because horde players are just a bounch of kids and tryhards that has nothing to do against organiced alliance players and they pay their frustrations with casuals and lowies:
    https://worldofwarcraft.com/es-es/ga.../battlegrounds
    Last edited by mmoc8dbfc1017b; 2018-12-11 at 05:59 PM.

Racials might have been the cause ~8 years ago...that's when the balance started to break apart. Since then, people have just joined the more active faction for ALL endgame activities. I doubt racials have any meaningful impact anymore. Now it has just sunk in that Horde is the active faction, where the cool kids go, while Alliance is the baby-blue-team that gets ridiculed every Blizzcon.

Starting with BFA they even began to ridicule the Alliance in the official lore backround books. Why would anybody want to play this faction? Blizzard certainly does not want you to play it. That's why they are giving all decent new races to the Horde, too.

Alliance has objectively good racials, for PvP and PvE. Forget shit like bloodmallet when there are racials that dispell stuff off you or are basically vanish spell (as we could see on blizzcon's M+, where everyone played nelf for those extra damage potions not wasted on invisibility with its 10 minute cooldown) - does stuff like that count when you sim a patchwerk fight? Ofc not. That is why stupid thing like the cannon trinket simms so good when in reality, it's shit.

That said, it's not about racials and it hasn't been for a while. For the top 1% players it is on mythic progression where every single point of dps counts, but the absolute majority just follows the cool kids to bask in their sunlight (a.k.a. take other's accomplishments and blizzard retarded horde-centric writing as their own).

On topic, I played 6 BGs today, won all of them. Take that, I guess?