Light comes from darkness shise's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account

A fair honor system suggestion

Hey,
    Many might not care, but I think a lot would care about this.
    I have posted it in the official forums, but I don´t expect anything coming of it. But hey, I tried.
    https://eu.forums.blizzard.com/en/wo...ggestion/12297

It is about the honor system and it goes like this:
    You would think that if you take the 3 flags in a WSG or if you take one and defend two, for example, you´d get the most honor.
    You would think that if you take over 800 Azerite in SS you will get the most honor.

Now, I do not mean to sound elitist nor do I try to throw flowers over my head, this is something that many other players experience as well.
    In most BG I make a difference, I literally play at 110% and, generally (not always ofc), I get the vital points that will award a win. If it is not me, it is another player, or another, but yet the ones who get the most honor are those who (generally) stand in the middle fighting, simply gathering honor through kill which not necessarily contribute to the BG victory.
    Now, it is PVP, but the BG has a goal to win and killing around is not always the means.

I simply suggest to give implement a “bonus honor per action”, being those the actions which can potential win a game, be it cap the flag, defend it, take a base, defend it, resources… you name it.

Then of course keep the current HKs and HPs , simply, give this extra bonus to those of us who actually play the BG and get the win home.

Do you agree?

Yes, I do agree, but considering how lackluster honor is I don't really care. It is just a passive thing that doesn't give much worthwhile rewards that I don't pay attention to.

Quote Originally Posted by Crudence View Post
    Yes, I do agree, but considering how lackluster honor is I don't really care. It is just a passive thing that doesn't give much worthwhile rewards that I don't pay attention to.
    Frankly i'd prefer the honor system scrapped as it is, any value it had was lost at the start of this expansion. I can't see them returning to a vendor based currency system so not sure what to replace it with. As far as the honor tokens are concerned i'd like to be able to buy something actually useful with the several stacks of them i have cluttering my bags (even if it was just non useful items i could vendor for gold)....

Quote Originally Posted by ilik2345 View Post
    Frankly i'd prefer the honor system scrapped as it is, any value it had was lost at the start of this expansion. I can't see them returning to a vendor based currency system so not sure what to replace it with. As far as the honor tokens are concerned i'd like to be able to buy something actually useful with the several stacks of them i have cluttering my bags (even if it was just non useful items i could vendor for gold)....
    Indeed. I still remember farming honor in TBC and it was exciting. Winning an AV and seeing how much honor I got was so fun and seeing the reward getting closer and closer was amazing. I don't understand why they hate the old honor system so much. And the way we get gear through Conquest bar is stupid. Why can't I target the gear I want? Why do I have to get the 355 hands if I have 370? Why can't I rather replace my 340 pants?

Indeed. I still remember farming honor in TBC and it was exciting. Winning an AV and seeing how much honor I got was so fun and seeing the reward getting closer and closer was amazing. I don't understand why they hate the old honor system so much. And the way we get gear through Conquest bar is stupid. Why can't I target the gear I want? Why do I have to get the 355 hands if I have 370? Why can't I rather replace my 340 pants?
    Though rather cynical i suspect there are two reasons, the first is to dissuade people who do not usually PVP from using PVP to collect 1 or 2 items to fill up weak slots - the second more likely is the random selection of item means it'll take much longer to get them all - thus keeping the subscriber occupied longer with a random carrot (as i said rather cynical).

Deleted
    I find your suggestions problematic. Just because you picked up the flag after the FC died doesn't mean the other players around you didn't contribute to the kill OR supported your team (heals) during that time. The same principle goes for all other objectives & BGs as well.

simply gathering honor through kill which not necessarily contribute to the BG victory.
    That's debatable. Killing people is equally important to following objectives. Most of the time the team with the higher kills wins.

- - - Updated - - -

Maybe you should do more PvP so you can get the good rewards. If you got all the 355 gear you will get 370 gear after that. And you can easily get 3-4 Items through filling the bar in one arena session.

Quote Originally Posted by BonesDeLarge View Post
    Maybe you should do more PvP so you can get the good rewards. If you got all the 355 gear you will get 370 gear after that. And you can easily get 3-4 Items through filling the bar in one arena session.
    Its worth pointing out the ilvl of the rewards is based on rating not how much pvp you do, you will have gained 1600 rating in one bracket to get 370's currently. The rest is as follows :-

Tier, Rating, End of Match iLvl, Weekly cache iLvl, Weekly Azerite item iLvl
    Unranked, 0 – 1399, item level 340, item level 355, item level 355
    Combatant, 1400 – 1599, item level 350, item level 365, item level 355
    Challenger, 1600 – 1799, item level 360, item level 370, item level 370
    Rival, 1800 – 2099, item level 365, item level 375, item level 370
    Duelist, 2100 – 2399, item level 370, item level 380, item level 385
    Gladiator, 2400+, item level 375, item level 385, item level 385

Next Season (22nd Jan) :-

Tier, End of Match, Weekly Cache, Weekly, Azerite
    Unranked (0-1399), 370, 385, 385
    Combatant (1400-1599), 380, 395 385
    Challenger (1600-1799), 390, 400 400
    Rival (1800-2099), 395 405, 400
    Duelist (2100-2399), 400, 410 415
    Gladiator (2400+), 405, 415, 415

Deleted
    Its worth pointing out the ilvl of the rewards is based on rating not how much pvp you do, you will have gained 1600 rating in one bracket to get 370's currently. The rest is as follows :-

Tier, Rating, End of Match iLvl, Weekly cache iLvl, Weekly Azerite item iLvl
    Unranked, 0 – 1399, item level 340, item level 355, item level 355
    Combatant, 1400 – 1599, item level 350, item level 365, item level 355
    Challenger, 1600 – 1799, item level 360, item level 370, item level 370
    Rival, 1800 – 2099, item level 365, item level 375, item level 370
    Duelist, 2100 – 2399, item level 370, item level 380, item level 385
    Gladiator, 2400+, item level 375, item level 385, item level 385

Next Season (22nd Jan) :-

Tier, End of Match, Weekly Cache, Weekly, Azerite
    Unranked (0-1399), 370, 385, 385
    Combatant (1400-1599), 380, 395 385
    Challenger (1600-1799), 390, 400 400
    Rival (1800-2099), 395 405, 400
    Duelist (2100-2399), 400, 410 415
    Gladiator (2400+), 405, 415, 415
    I could be wrong, but I don't think this applies to the conquest bar rewards (which are neither end of match nor weekly cache/azerite). If I remember correctly you get 370 rewards regardless of your rating after you aquired all the 355 rewards.
    Last edited by mmocde0e53a346; 2018-12-18 at 07:41 PM.

I could be wrong, but I don't think this applies to the conquest bar rewards (which are neither end of match nor weekly cache/azerite). If I remember correctly you get 370 rewards regardless of your rating after you aquired all the 355 rewards.
    Hm, good point, i assumed the bar reward and the chest was the same ilvl - i too could be wrong

Back to original topic is that not how it currently works you get more honor for capping flags in live?

pvp is not fair it is broken

Though rather cynical i suspect there are two reasons, the first is to dissuade people who do not usually PVP from using PVP to collect 1 or 2 items to fill up weak slots - the second more likely is the random selection of item means it'll take much longer to get them all - thus keeping the subscriber occupied longer with a random carrot (as i said rather cynical).
    It isnt random. It runs in a set pattern.

- - - Updated - - -

You are not wrong. The bar rewards a set of 355 items, capping off with an upgrade token (will upgrade one item to 370), and then starts over with 370 items in the same order, capping off with a 385 upgrade token. If the season lasts long enough, it would then start over with 385 items. Your ratinghas no impact on the ilevel of the CQ bar rewards, only the weekly chest and potential after-match drops if you do rated.

Yeah, I mostly agree. I don't think it's that huge of a difference, though. Don't forget about the +300 daily bonus honor that people are getting, which shows up on the end-of-match scoreboard. I think, based on some of the responses in your threads, that some people think that you want to take HK honor away from them, although what it sounds like you want is just for more honor to be awarded for objective-related action.

I'd like to see a system that grants a modest amount of highly-visible, itemized bonus honor based on spec/role. Certain things could give bonus honor for tanks, for healers, or for DpS, in addition to the HK's. This could be things like heals interrupted, killing blows/damage against healers, CC's, clutch heals, and specific battleground stuff like flag returns, interrupting someone's assault on a base. This might also help mitigate the problem of players quitting on the match because they don't think they can win and they know they won't get anything from a loss (so they either /afk, cancel the res and wait, or "shut down" and farm kills). At least then maybe they'd be trying to get that extra cap or return, ninja a base, help out their team, and have some git-gud practice, rather than just quitting only to queue up into the exact same situation again, with the same approach, and quitting again and again until they get put on a team that would have won without them anyway.

Honor system is BIG JOKE . i got prestige 25 in legion . I getting same SUCK rewards now .

pvp is not fair it is broken - same trouble