Page 10 of 20 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Can California just become a sovereign nation already? I feel like this would solve so many problems.

...don't most businesses already offer a vegetarian/salad option? =/

EDIT: Oh, nevermind - it's a Zenky post. This means there's nothing to this story as Zenky is just trying to T-Word people to get angry, as usual with him...

So mandated by law that everywhere has a salad bar. That's gonna be rough on the taco trucks!
    Me thinks Chromie has a whole lot of splaining to do!

10+ Year Old Account
    That's just stupid. Who's dumbass idea was that? What's next, force Burger King to sell vegan burgers? Demand carrots as a substitute for French fries?

While these ideas would be a good idea for a restaurant to implement on its own accord, it's asinine to demand it by law.
    Putin khuliyo

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    Pescetarians are covered by vegan. I'm glad you're on my side on this one though.
    Pescatarians are covered by anything not beef or pork. Every restaurant already has pescatarian food.
    "When Facism comes to America, it will be wrapped in a flag and carrying a cross." - Unknown

10+ Year Old Account
    Seems reasonable, asking large public venues to have a bit more inclusive menus.

It's fucking obvious, a simple tofu hot dog solves most of this. But outraged dude bros gonna be outraged.

Sure, if vegan places are required to have at least one meat option.

10+ Year Old Account
    As long as this 'law' (which I think calling it such is PS) doesn't get pushed to regular restaurants, do what you want. But forcing a business to change what they serve smacks in the face of running your own business. A burger place has no more reason to serve vegan burgers than a vegan restaurant has in serving beef.
    Quote Originally Posted by Warwithin View Post
    Politicians put their hand on the BIBLE and swore to uphold the CONSTITUTION. They did not put their hand on the CONSTITUTION and swear to uphold the BIBLE.
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    Except maybe Morgan Freeman. That man could convince God to be an atheist with that voice of his . . .
    Quote Originally Posted by LiiLoSNK View Post
    If your girlfriend is a girl and you're a guy, your kid is destined to be some sort of half girl/half guy abomination.

Quote Originally Posted by markos82 View Post
    Most people don't need to go to hospital if they get allergy to milk, i was inhospital when i got severe allergy to eggplant. Most people are not allergic to meat while there are quite few people than can actually die if they eat strawberries ( my gf for example )....

And why shouldnt similar law be aimed at places that serve only vegan food? Also i dont think those places in question are publicly owned, they have private owners, right?
    So unless you are about to die allergies doesn't matter? I actually don't even know what you're arguing against. No one is telling them to quit serving meat and only serve hummus plus five types of pea soup. They only argue that big venues and public places where the general population regulary visit will have one meat, milk and egg free meal, becuase that is the most environmental friendly alternative (which many already have). There area already requirements like accessability for wheelchairs which does jack shit for abled people. If you you don't enjoy typical vegan food this won't even affect you.

Vegan restaurants, just like butcheries, have a specific target group. You wouldn't enter a middle eastern corner shop and ask for pork or ask someone with an apron soaked in blood for the tofu of the day.

Quote Originally Posted by FuxieDK View Post
    I demand vegan/vegitarians restaurants starts serving huge slabs of meat, for the same reasons, the idiots demand vegan food..
    oh this is precious.

and this is exackly what people should start to demand.

Good. You should be able to make at least one dish without animal products.
    "Here's your plate of celery sir, now kindly fuck off."

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by mvaliz View Post
    ...don't most businesses already offer a vegetarian/salad option? =/

EDIT: Oh, nevermind - it's a Zenky post. This means there's nothing to this story as Zenky is just trying to T-Word people to get angry, as usual with him...
    It's my fault CA is stupid. Triggered poster is triggered.

Quote Originally Posted by Mumba View Post
    So unless you are about to die allergies doesn't matter? I actually don't even know what you're arguing against. No one is telling them to quit serving meat and only serve hummus plus five types of pea soup. They only argue that big venues and public places where the general population regulary visit will have one meat, milk and egg free meal, becuase that is the most environmental friendly alternative (which many already have). There area already requirements like accessability for wheelchairs which does jack shit for abled people. If you you don't enjoy typical vegan food this won't even affect you.

Vegan restaurants, just like butcheries, have a specific target group. You wouldn't enter a middle eastern corner shop and ask for pork or ask someone with an apron soaked in blood for the tofu of the day.
    Ill ignore what you said above bold part since you just completely negate with that and say you are wrong. As someone who was in Dubai i did asked for pork meat and got it. The difference is that restaurants that serve pork meat have to have separate kitchen where such meat is prepared.

These two posts taken together are hilarious. Yes, we know you're triggered that a state might take people who aren't you into account.
    It's funny that's what you think the argument is.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by FeinHammer View Post
    Lol I dated a vegan once, I couldn’t deal with the smell. But if that’s your thing than power to you. On a serious note this seems like an insane regulation
    I was trying to say I would join you in your mission against the vegans. What do you mean by the smell?

The regulation is insane, for like three separate policy and logic categorical reasons.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zmaniac17 View Post
    I often wonder why vegan food is such a polarizing topic. Of all the ridiculous laws on the books this is the one people choose to talk about?

Everyone eats vegan food. It's called vegetables.

It's not that hard to add a dish to your menu that includes only vegetable products. In fact it would likely increase your revenue slightly especially in California. The cost of adding it would be minimal. Most good restaurants have vegan options anyways. You guys are making a mountain out of a mole hill.
    It's the idea that restaurants are forced to provide something they may not want to. You'd be hard pressed to find a similar regulation regarding food in privately owned restaurants.

Deleted
    Veganism is bad for the environment

Quote Originally Posted by Slacker76 View Post
    Seems reasonable, asking large public venues to have a bit more inclusive menus.

It's fucking obvious, a simple tofu hot dog solves most of this. But outraged dude bros gonna be outraged.
    You'd need to have a completely separate hot dog cooking station because they can't be contaminated by regular hot dog grease. Duh.

- - - Updated - - -

Also veganism is a fake lifestyle.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    How is it insane?
    Because it's requiring private establishments to provide specific menu items, for no legitimate reason. The vegan diet solves no specific problem, at all. If the Council was addressing Gluten Free (for Celiac) or nut allergies, I could see having a serious discussion. LA is essentially legislating a fad. There is no difference between requiring a vegan option than requiring a Keto option.

That's why it's insane.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    They're not. This is about large venues providing options. Most of those venues are at least partially funded by the tax payer.
    They are - they are private establishments being forced to provide a specific menu item. That's exactly what the proposed regulation says, I can quote it for you if you need a review (I'm not being pithy, I just don't want to get into "they are"/"they aren't" back and forth, if that makes sense).

The regulation has no value whatsoever. Why vegan and not Keto? Or another fad diet?

10+ Year Old Account
    How is it insane?
    Additionally to Cubby's explanation, this legislation is a one way street.

If the goal is to expand options at eateries, why aren't vegan places being asked to provide non-vegan options?

If for example, a steak house gets forced to provide vegan options, a vegan place should be forced to sell steak.

- - - Updated - - -

So it's insane because you think vegans should just eat animal products. Got it.
    No, it is insane because they can eat at vegan places. There is no reason that a place that doesn't have vegan options, should be forced to put them on the menu. If you don't like the menu, eat somewhere else that has the food that you agree with.
    RIP Genn Greymane, Permabanned on 8.22.18

Your name will carry on through generations, and will never be forgotten.