Page 26 of 41 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Moralgy View Post
    How did we get here, seriously. I don't get how people have bought into this ideology hook line and sinker. It is filled with conspiracy nonsense, fake information, and just all around bullcrap outrage.

I look forward to the day that this type of outrage is mocked on the internet in the same manner that "SJWs" are mocked.
    Because we can see characters get hit with the ugly bat wherever that ideology takes root. Seriously compare the asari in ME:A to the mass effects before. Asari show themselves as an idealized vision of what a being wants so apparently ryder is into ugly or more likely it was a concious decision due to the same idiocy that made them hit default fem ryder with the ugly bat. It's amazing when we can make crazy realistic characters based off facial mapping that people claim there wasn't a concious effort made to make jayde freaking rossi ugly.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xath View Post
    Because we can see characters get hit with the ugly bat wherever that ideology takes root. Seriously compare the asari in ME:A to the mass effects before. Asari show themselves as an idealized vision of what a being wants so apparently ryder is into ugly or more likely it was a concious decision due to the same idiocy that made them hit default fem ryder with the ugly bat. It's amazing when we can make crazy realistic characters based off facial mapping that people claim there wasn't a concious effort made to make jayde freaking rossi ugly.
    The Asari never bothered me, only their facial animations being a bit creepy in its roboticness.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Quote Originally Posted by Xath View Post
    Orrrr, it is incompetence in designing characters, not some grand agenda that only believers can see.

Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    The Asari never bothered me, only their facial animations being a bit creepy in its roboticness.
    https://i.ytimg.com/vi/iAm1WUC7Bcw/maxresdefault.jpg this more closely resembles Ion than it does any of the asari in the first 3 games.

Quote Originally Posted by Jshadowhunter View Post
    You mean as much as Diablo is not for me and Star Wars is not for me even though I've been a huge fan for 2 decades? Then ye, you're right. But I'm not the one to blame.
    tastes and directions change. audiences expand and change. so yeah its you.

P.S. I happen to think that bioware characters are looking good. more interesting, less same face. again its on you all for having such narrow standards of beauty

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Coolthulhu View Post
    Oh well, we'll wait and see. Though the thing that worries me the most is the MMO approach they took in DA:I, I really hope that won't make it in DA4. Better to have less content that feels alive than immense wastelands of nothing more than MMO-style quests.
    Yeah, I think in all the SJW/anti-SJW fighting, people are forgetting the REAL things we need to worry about in DA4. Thankfully, after the colossal clusterfuck that was the Hinterlands, and the general hatred that zone received from the players... I really, REALLY can’t see BioWare making the same mistake again. So fingers crossed we’ll get smaller, more manageable zones, with far less grindy content, and (wishful thinking activated) some strong zone based plot lines.
    Check out the blog I write for LEGENDARY Indie Label Flicknife Records:

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.
    https://www.flickniferecords.co.uk/blog/item/30-blog-30

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gallahadd View Post
    Yeah, I think in all the SJW/anti-SJW fighting, people are forgetting the REAL things we need to worry about in DA4. Thankfully, after the colossal clusterfuck that was the Hinterlands, and the general hatred that zone received from the players... I really, REALLY can’t see BioWare making the same mistake again. So fingers crossed we’ll get smaller, more manageable zones, with far less grindy content, and (wishful thinking activated) some strong zone based plot lines.
    Was that really that big of a deal? Once we were told that we weren't supposed to take the game zone by zone, that some areas were meant to be revisited later in the game, it made the game easier to understand and play through.
    RIP Genn Greymane, Permabanned on 8.22.18

Your name will carry on through generations, and will never be forgotten.

Quote Originally Posted by Gallahadd View Post
    one would hope... but the amount of filler content and no way to tell which filler is necessary to unlock areas for companion personal quests and which filler can be skipped was my least favorite part of DAI. also my least favorite part of Andromeda which I enjoyed otherwise. I guess we shall see

Quote Originally Posted by witchblade77 View Post
    tastes and directions change. audiences expand and change. so yeah its you.
    do you guys not have phones?!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by sarahtasher View Post
    What else Bioware needed to drive the point about alienages ? Have them celebrate Yom Kippur ?

I mean, it's not very hard to understand, even for edgelords, isn'it ? Tedas , like most fantasy worlds, is racked with racial tensions obviously based on real world ones.

All the methods kraved by the Magaboys to deal with dirty impure darkies that don't know their place have been tried and enforced against Elves for centuries. They are Elves ghettoes, Elves pogroms, Elves lynchings, you name it, they do it. And it have led to the actual God of the Elves (the Dread Wolf) to be fed up with this and decide to end this

What the edgelords would find acceptable is mobs of Humans massacring defenceless Elves (hint : that was done in the game) and receiving medals for it while the guard is looking away (backstory of Celene in DA III, Elve origin story in DAO) They will cry that the game is SJW when it will (inevitably) feature the local brownshirts getting brown pants when facing the Dread Wolf.
    Elf culture in Dragon Age world has nothing in common with Jewish culture in any shape or form. It is inspired primarily by Celtic mythology and the work of Tolkien. Irish and Celtic people in general were historically oppressed quite brutally, therefore I would say the elves of Dragon Age are a representation of Celtic people, not Jewish people.

Would love to hear your opinion if you played these games, @Theodarzna.

Quote Originally Posted by Prabog View Post
    Elf culture in Dragon Age world has nothing in common with Jewish culture in any shape or form. It is inspired primarily by Celtic mythology and the work of Tolkien. Irish and Celtic people in general were historically oppressed quite brutally, therefore I would say the elves of Dragon Age are a representation of Celtic people, not Jewish people.

Would love to hear your opinion if you played these games, @Theodarzna.
    I think one of the devs on Origins, though I'm not 100% sure, said that elves in DA were based on Jews because of being oppressed.
    That, however, is completely broken after Trespasser. Because now apparently elves were the master race of the world and because one SELFISH PRICK, who figured that punishing an entire race because their superiors killed one of their own was A-Okay, were reduced to a bunch of mortal weaklings.

Deleted
    I think one of the devs on Origins, though I'm not 100% sure, said that elves in DA were based on Jews because of being oppressed.
    That, however, is completely broken after Trespasser. Because now apparently elves were the master race of the world and because one SELFISH PRICK, who figured that punishing an entire race because their superiors killed one of their own was A-Okay, were reduced to a bunch of mortal weaklings.
    Jews are not the only group that has been historically oppressed. Elves in DA world have zero cultural or religious similarities to Jews. On the other hand, Elves do have a culture and beliefs that are inspired by Celtic sources. Irish people were historically oppressed in America, forced into ghettos.

Jews are not the only group that has been historically oppressed. Elves in DA world have zero cultural or religious similarities to Jews. On the other hand, Elves do have a culture and beliefs that are inspired by Celtic sources. Irish people were historically oppressed in America, forced into ghettos.
    http://dragonage.wikia.com/wiki/Elf

David Gaider stated that the Dalish elves were inspired by Northern Native Americans. [59] [60] He also revealed that the inspiration for Andrastian elves came from the Jewish people (i.e. lost homeland, ghettos, ect). [61]
    And there are citations for those.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Native American beliefs and cultural practices, sure. Jewish beliefs and cultural practices, I fail to see them in elves of Dragon Age world.

David Gaider stated that the Dalish elves were inspired by Northern Native Americans. [59] [60] He also revealed that the inspiration for Andrastian elves came from the Jewish people (i.e. lost homeland, ghettos, ect). [61]
    Lost homeland and ghettos could very well work for Celtic peoples as well. They lost a great deal of their original lands to Germanic invaders. Irish were forced into ghettos and oppressed in America.

Native American beliefs and cultural practices, sure. Jewish beliefs and cultural practices, I fail to see them in elves of Dragon Age world.

Lost homeland and ghettos could very well work for Celtic peoples as well. They lost a great deal of their original lands to Germanic invaders. Irish were forced into ghettos and oppressed in America.
    And there are citations for those.
    Look both of you it doesn't matter anymore. The whole comparison of elves to another real world people that were oppressed has gone out the window.
    At this point the closest elves could be compared to is today's Germany because of ethnomasochism.

Yes, but it doesn't need to be a 1:1 comparison, as the developer stated. I'm going by what the people who actually made the game inspired them, unless they're also part of some SJW conspiracy or something.

Look both of you it doesn't matter anymore. The whole comparison of elves to another real world people that were oppressed has gone out the window.
    At this point the closest elves could be compared to is today's Germany because of ethnomasochism.
    Why "doesn't it matter"? It does, because it goes back to the fact that these games have always had a more progressive angle to them and that this criticism of some expansive "SJW conspiracy" that's cropped up more recently is nonsense.

It doesn't matter what you (you specifically and others in this thread) think inspired their backstory in the game world, the developers straight up said they were inspired by First Nations and Jewish history. That's just a fact.

5+ Year Old Account
    This is ludicrous, being a "SJW" game doesn't mean a game gets a higher score.
    I can't think of any other reason why they'd do something so obviously bad.
    BF V's reviews on metacritic are all actually lower across the board compared to BF1 and even BF 4.
    That's part of the disconnect. You can see the same thing with difficult games where "professional reviewers" didn't agree with difficult games until Dark Souls started this whole trend of hard games are actually fun. CupHead followed this trend and this one reviewer didn't like it, but MetaCritic user reviews show otherwise.

Look at YouTube Rewind 2018 and how disconnected they are from their core audience. At some point someone thought that introducing political correctness was a great idea, and boy were they wrong.
    Metacritic baiting has been a longterm issue within the industry that long predates the "SJW'S ARE RUINING EVERYTHING!" complaints started cropping up. I mean good lord, that video is from 5 months ago before the bloody game was even out and based on the comments on his actual review from a few weeks back it seems like he too focused on the "OH EM GEE WOMEN IN THE GAME RUINS EVERYTHING!" angle, or at least that's what the YT commenters picked up.
    It was an issue before BF V but honestly it wasn't that bad. Lately it has been that bad, and it isn't about women ruining games or anything, but how a square peg doesn't fit into a round hole. Dragon Age Inquisition wasn't that bad cause we still got to see some fucked up stuff like a bisexual bull demon guy seen naked by a bunch of people. The gay Mage was actually interesting and not some throw away character to fulfill the SJW quota, even though it definitely was. But you then have the female to male character who is very out of place and is forgettable. I was wondering if this person was from the future and came here in a DeLorean. Actually, that would be pretty cool if I found a futuristic car.
    But again, this kind of argument is beyond ridiculous for BioWare - they've always had a progressive angle to their games and dealt with political themes. We can quibble over how well they've done it from one game to the next, because it's sure as uneven as their writing and quality of their games overall, but it's hardly as if this is a remotely new thing in the slightest.
    New to Dragon Age series, not new to BioWare. You have played the first two Dragon Age games right? There was a gay sex scene but there was also this Fem Warden foursome scene as well.

Last edited by Guardian Bob; 2018-12-17 at 08:45 PM.

Why "doesn't it matter"? It does, because it goes back to the fact that these games have always had a more progressive angle to them and that this criticism of some expansive "SJW conspiracy" that's cropped up more recently is nonsense.

It doesn't matter what you (you specifically and others in this thread) think inspired their backstory in the game world, the developers straight up said they were inspired by First Nations and Jewish history. That's just a fact.
    I'm saying it doesn't matter because Trespasser completely overwrites the original idea for elves that were based on the things mentioned.
    Because the DLC rewrites the elves as the master race of the world, who were reduced by a bunch of weaklings, because one SELFISH PRICK, figured that punishing an entire race because their leaders killed one of their own was A-Okay.
    And I'm not gonna blame SJWs on this, it's just plain bad writing.

Deleted
    Yes, but it doesn't need to be a 1:1 comparison, as the developer stated. I'm going by what the people who actually made the game inspired them, unless they're also part of some SJW conspiracy or something.
    Who mentioned SJW and conspiracy?

I am merely stating the fact that Elves as we see them in DA world have no cultural or religious ties to Jews in any shape or form. They are inspired by Silvan Elves as Tolkien envisioned them.

Quote Originally Posted by Guardian Bob View Post
    New to Dragon Age series, not new to BioWare. You have played the first two Dragon Age games right? There was a gay sex scene but there was also this Fem Warden foursome scene as well.

So... you're saying that showing bisexual polyamorous lovemaking as a fun, not-sinful act is... not progressive? That seems pretty progressive to me.

Promoting lesbians as valid is just as much a progressive stance as promoting gay men as valid.