Page 1 of 2
LastLast

If I craft 385 Engineer Google Today...

Will it has the 2nd ring of Azerite traits once Season2 of BfA arrives next month?

I am itching to craft one, but I am worried that if I craft one now, it won't come with the 2nd Azerite ring next month, meaning I have to Scrap another 200 crafted items just to make another.

Btw, I assume that if I craft one next month once S2 of BfA Mythic dungeon starts, it will automatically come with 2 Rings of Azerite Traits. Please correct me if I am wrong.

I doubt it will. Blizzard even said to hold back buying the 385 azerite with the new currency till after the new raid releases, as current versions don't have the extra ring, but they will after raid release. So I would just wait with making it. 90% chance it will not get a second ring.

Yes you can also perform web search on those

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zogarth View Post
    I doubt it will. Blizzard even said to hold back buying the 385 azerite with the new currency till after the new raid releases, as current versions don't have the extra ring, but they will after raid release. So I would just wait with making it. 90% chance it will not get a second ring.
    This makes me think, why did they even put them on vendor?

Quote Originally Posted by nothingsjim View Post
    Will it has the 2nd ring of Azerite traits once Season2 of BfA arrives next month?

I am itching to craft one, but I am worried that if I craft one now, it won't come with the 2nd Azerite ring next month, meaning I have to Scrap another 200 crafted items just to make another.

Btw, I assume that if I craft one next month once S2 of BfA Mythic dungeon starts, it will automatically come with 2 Rings of Azerite Traits. Please correct me if I am wrong.
    If you took the half second to look in your engineering recipe book, you'd see that there is a second pair of 385 goggles with the prefix "surging" that require materials you cannot obtain until season 2 arrives. If you inspect the azerite traits on said 385 goggles, you will see there is a second ring of class traits. The 385 goggles that require sanguicell WILL NOT get the extra ring when season 2 launches.

Quote Originally Posted by trajandreps View Post
    because people are playing now and it will be upgrades for them? also, the amount of azerite you will spend for all 3 slots will amount to less than a single 10 will give you from your weekly chest after the raid opens up.

Can you even craft it now? I thought it required tidalcore which is available at the start of season 2?

Quote Originally Posted by mjolnrik View Post
    Can you even craft it now? I thought it required tidalcore which is available at the start of season 2?
    there are 2 sets of 385s. one takes tidalcore and has 5th ring, the other is made through discovery. you need to make 370s to get the pattern. takes sanguicell.

7+ Year Old Account

there is 2 levels higher then 385 that will become available when the raid comes out
    (385 ones that need season 2 mythic dungeon crafting mat, then 395 using some of the new raid crafting mat, then 405 using lots of the new raid crafting mat)

so nah, just craft it now, because you will wanna replace it right away with the new one anyways.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Zogarth View Post
    no they didnt, they said the prices will increase when the new raid comes out.
    you can save up now to get that tiny bit ahead, but it really wont be worth it.

- - - Updated - - -

because they didnt say that.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Xloudman View Post
    If you took the half second to look in your engineering recipe book, you'd see that there is a second pair of 385 goggles with the prefix "surging" that require materials you cannot obtain until season 2 arrives. If you inspect the azerite traits on said 385 goggles, you will see there is a second ring of class traits. The 385 goggles that require sanguicell WILL NOT get the extra ring when season 2 launches.
    What he said.
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

Because it was the highest tier Azerite available from M+ before 8.0 and is still an upgrade over the 370 stuff.

Huh, I was asking because sites like Wowhead showing the current Sanguincell crafted Engineer Google has 2 Azerite ring traits (Both 370/385), which is obviously not the case currently, which is why I am confused.

Wowhead Link to 370 Engineer Google, and 385 Google

This is a good find. Either wowhead fucked up the item in its database or the old sanguicell stuff will indeed get an additional ring when S2 launches - what would be on par with all the old dungeon drops getting the additional ring, too.

And i, too, remember a statement (either bluepost or Q&A) that it may be wise to hold off on buying anything before S2 launches. Which is totally reasonable. All rewards will be lifted up the day S2 launches. Why spend a single point of currency on a 385 item that will be overshadowed easily by every single 370 item with the new ring? And new 385 stuff gets easier to get as well at the very same time.

The sad truth is that investing anything valueable before January 22nd is probably not worth it. And since, as i already said, even the ilvl of existing loot sources gets lifted....all you can basically do until January 22nd is collect xMog stuff or mats. Or level Alts.
    Last edited by Nathasil; 2018-12-18 at 07:37 AM.

Had to release something to fish as many people as possible to make the rancid investor call coming up a little bit less rancid. So pretty much the same reason they dropped the store mount. This patch really doesn't release until the 22nd of next month. That's why AP knowledge is on hold for over a month, no raid, no new m+ or pvp season, and pretty much all you got was the skeleton systems that are designed to support those things in the patch and sure, some story. People here now just get a scrap of bread as a reward for being here but not enough to really amount to much.
    Last edited by Low Hanging Fruit; 2018-12-18 at 11:55 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Low Hanging Fruit View Post
    Had to release something to fish as many people as possible to make the rancid investor call coming up a little bit less rancid. So pretty much the same reason they dropped the store mount. This patch really doesn't release until the 22nd of next month. That's why AP knowledge is on hold for over a month, no raid, no new m+ or pvp season, and pretty much all you got was the skeleton systems that are designed to support those things in the patch and sure, some story. People here now just get a scrap of bread as a reward for being here but not enough to really amount to much.
    your name is quite fitting.

Quote Originally Posted by dcc626 View Post
    your name is quite fitting.
    Yes, it is, who doesnt want to throw something out in hopes that the whales will all come up and bite.

There will also be another big wave of shitstorm when Blizzard increases the amount of Residium (the vendor currency) by x10 on January 22nd, so all the "effort" of running M+ until then will basically be dwarfed and equal half a weekly chest of S2. Ion said they were going to do this in the Q&A (people would be able to immediately buy a BIS 415 if they did not, so it makes sense) but i bet many, many players did not get the memo and will be pissed.

Quote Originally Posted by Nathasil View Post
    There will also be another big wave of shitstorm when Blizzard increases the amount of Residium (the vendor currency) by x10 on January 22nd, so all the "effort" of running M+ until then will basically be dwarfed and equal half a weekly chest of S2. Ion said they were going to do this in the Q&A (people would be able to immediately buy a BIS 415 if they did not, so it makes sense) but i bet many, many players did not get the memo and will be pissed.
    That's what I just posted about in the ongoing Raids forum thread too

The description on Wowhead is kinda...unclear as well.

There will be a new outer ring on every new piece of Azerite Armor in patch 8.1. The traits on this new ring will be spec specific and different from the ones on the next ring.

Do they mean "New" as in the new ones that will drop from BoD raid, or "New" as in anything that drops after the Jan 22nd?

I personally believe it's the latter, since it would be stupid for M+ Azerites to not have the extra ring. So for now, I am holding off crafting my 385 Engineer Google, I am too casual to get 15 Tidalcores in the first week of Season2 Mythic+ to immediately craft the new googles.

The description on Wowhead is kinda...unclear as well.

There will be a new outer ring on every new piece of Azerite Armor in patch 8.1. The traits on this new ring will be spec specific and different from the ones on the next ring.

Do they mean "New" as in the new ones that will drop from BoD raid, or "New" as in anything that drops after the Jan 22nd?

I personally believe it's the latter, since it would be stupid for M+ Azerites to not have the extra ring. So for now, I am holding off crafting my 385 Engineer Google, I am too casual to get 15 Tidalcores in the first week of Season2 Mythic+ to immediately craft the new googles.
    All Dungeon Items will receive the new ring. There is absolutely no question about this. What IS unclear is Uldir drops and crafted items, like the engi goggles this threat was about specifically.

As you can see here most posters said (rightfully so) that the old sanguicell stuff would NOT receive a new ring on january 22nd, as there is a new 385>400>415 line of crafts for Dazar'alor. But then the Op pointed out that when you look up the old goggles on WoWhead they DO show a new ring (which they do not have if you craft them right now). So either the wowhead entry is wrong or the old goggles will indeed receive a new ring.

As the old goggles basically equal S1 dungeons, it kinda makes sense to give them the new ring.

TL,DR: We just don't know right now.

Because it's largely irrelevant, if you have a hole in our gear you can replace it now. Hoarding the currency at best is gonna give you a 1 week head start, while you could replace a shitty 370 you have now and to help you now.

It's not like you're gonna buy 385s after the patch, you're gonna be saving up for 415s then. The amount you spend on a 385 now is basically meaningless compared to that.