Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Pope's Top Adviser George Pell Found Guilty of "Historical Sexual Offenses"

Pell was convicted of the sexual abuse of two boys in the 1990s, after a jury returned a unanimous guilty verdict. He is due to be sentenced in February 2019. Following the conviction Pell was removed from the Pope's Council of Cardinal Advisers.

George Pell - Sexual abuse by clergy and members of religious orders - Wikipedia

Cardinal Pell, top advisor to Pope Francis, found guilty of ‘historical sexual offenses’ - Americanmagazine.org

A top cardinal’s sex-abuse conviction is huge news in Australia. But the media can’t report it there. - WashingtonPost

Pope demotes two cardinals over sexual abuse scandals - BBC

- - - Updated - - -

They let him out

Cardinal George Pell leaves prison after high court quashes conviction

Mod Edit: This thread is closed.
    Last edited by Rozz; 2020-04-07 at 08:16 PM.
    Anti-War / Anti-CIA / Cynic / Unpopular Opinions

i live in Australia and googling “George Pell” only comes up with articles about his removal from Pope’s inner circle

US media posting stories with half the facts. Pell hasn't been found guilty of anything. The reason for the blackout is that he is on trial for offences relating to covering up the sexual abuse in the church. So the blackout is too stop it compromising the trial which happened last time.

I wish you were correct but the only thing they have him on is covering up child sex abuse cases from other priests.
    All pedophiles and their supporters deserve the rope. But the pedophiles that use their positions of power such as in religion, government, justice system, sports and the media/arts should be skinned alive while on the rope. They place themselves into positions of trust within the community to prey on innocent children and they deserve a special kind of hell just for that alone.

10+ Year Old Account
    Explanation in the article I linked about the same topic:

https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...e-found-guilty

The corruption goes right to the top, and shows fundamental flaws in their system as clergy, with their ability to shift out priests and juggle them around to dodge law enforcement. These people cannot be allowed to be above the law, or this is the results we get.

Jesus always said do not believe in Wolves in Sheep' s clothing.. The Catholic Church & many other religions for that matter being the wolves.

I believe in Jesus & that's all he wants from you.. You do not have to belong to a religion to express your gratitude to him.

Matthew 7:15 15 "Watch out for false prophets. They come to you in sheep's clothing, but inwardly they are ferocious wolves.

It's time the Catholic church let married men become priests.

I would say they need to do away with unmarried priests. If you aren't married you're out.

And maybe allow women into the priesthood as well.

I don't think opening up the priesthood will solve 100% of the problems but it's a start.

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

That fucking piece of shit spent a decade trying to gaslight Australia during the ongoing revelations about sexual abuse by priests and the Catholic church's role in covering it up, buying off and intimidating people into not coming forward. He used to be a regular on panel shows, pooh-poohing anyone suggesting the church was systemically covering this shit up and generally being a hero of Christian conservatives.

And now it turns out he was not just an accomplice to all this, but possibly one of the child molestors himself.

I mean I'd make my usual sarcastic remark about how unsurprised I am, but frankly I'm too fucking angry.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Hubcap View Post
    It's time the Catholic church let married men become priests.

I would say they need to do away with unmarried priests. If you aren't married you're out.

And maybe allow women into the priesthood as well.

I don't think opening up the priesthood will solve 100% of the problems but it's a start.
    Maybe they should consider closing it to pedophiles.

Or like, not covering up for pedophiles.

Or maybe they should just decline into rear view mirror of history, considering how irrelevant they are.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Cardinal George Pell freed from prison after High Court overturns sex abuse conviction

https://www.cnn.com/2020/04/06/austr...ntl/index.html
    Anti-War / Anti-CIA / Cynic / Unpopular Opinions

The Unstoppable Force Ghostpanther's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by PC2 View Post
    This is the fault of the parent that puts their kid into a retard factory.

Either let the priests have sex with people their own age or stop letting them lead youth. It's that simple.
    The priests know the rules before they become one. Ether honor them or stop being a priest. It's that simple.
    " If destruction be our lot, we must ourselves be its author and finisher.." - Abraham Lincoln
    The Constitution be never construed to authorize Congress to - prevent the people of the United States, who are peaceable citizens, from keeping their own arms..” - Samuel Adams

15+ Year Old Account

Either let the priests have sex with people their own age or stop letting them lead youth. It's that simple.
    What? So if you weren't able to have sex with people your own age, you'd start molesting children?
    Quote Originally Posted by ash
    So, look um, I'm not a grief counselor, but if it's any consolation, I have had to kill and bury loved ones before. A bunch of times actually.
    I never said I was knowledge-able and I wouldn't even care if I was the least knowledge-able person and the biggest dumb-ass out of all 7.8 billion people on the planet.

10+ Year Old Account

You think being celibate makes you want to fuck kids?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Beazy View Post
    I would have to dig deeper but i believe there's a difference in cases between Protestants and Catholics. There is also the case that homosexuality remains and still is considered unnatural for some people and that the celibate was used to suppress that feeling.
    There's also the notion that celibacy simple isn't normal and that the clergy at the top never really cared much for it.

Back more on topic bit surprised to see this happening under the current Pope, guess if really guilty he won't stay there for long. The current one is more of a reformer and wishes to tackle those issues rather than cover them up.

Quote Originally Posted by Beazy View Post
    It’s prevalent among some Middle Eastern groups that are separated from women. So perhaps the same thing is happening.

The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account

This is about the shittiest logic I have seen. You think them choosing celibacy forces them to molest children instead of having consensual sex with people their age?
    MMO-Champ the place where calling out trolls get you into more trouble than trolling.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Orange Joe View Post
    This is about the shittiest logic I have seen. You think them choosing celibacy forces them to molest children instead of having consensual sex with people their age?
    Well we shouldn't feed a necro thread but yeah I thought celibacy is what creates sexual problems for priests that other groups don't have.

Anyways i'll delete my post from 2 year ago because I consider "retard factory" to be flaming and against the rules. I was a little too angsty about religion back.

Well we shouldn't feed a necro thread but yeah I thought celibacy is what creates sexual problems for priests that other groups don't have.

Anyways i'll delete my post from 2 year ago because I consider "retard factory" to be flaming and against the rules. I was a little too angsty about religion back.
    It isn't a necro since it is an update, being they released him.

Only a necro if new and relevant information wasn't added.

Religion has been a guise for pedophilia and sexual abuse for as long as people have seen them as an authority.