Poll: What will be the theme / setting of the next expansion?

Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Let's play a game: guess the theme of WoW's next expansion!

Title says it all.

To bridge the time until we get the new expansion let's just guess what the setting / theme will be. This thread is meant in a fun and non-negative way and I'm just curious what players think is the most likely next station in WoW's vita.
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

10+ Year Old Account
    You have a choice what will be next:
    If you choose Sylvanas: Reign of the Forsaken
    If you choose Saurfang: Two Kings one Cup

For Azeroth!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Probably a World Revamp 2 (Black Empire), but it depends on the last patch of BfA how N'Zoth is unveiled/beaten/weakened/killed etc.

Voidlords / Space / Ethereal / K'aresh

or

Black Empire / Shadowlands / New Scourge

Either way, it's gonna be a purple box.

I really would like it to be NZoth/Black Empire but I expect Blizz to be lazy and choose the easiest route by releasing something like The Wrath of the Banshee Queen

5+ Year Old Account
    Death vs Nature with Dragons.

WoW needs a win. So digging through the creative dumpster of past success... Return to Wrath: The Lich King be Back

N'zoth will usher in the return of the Void Lords, just like Garrosh travelled to AU Draenor, Gul'dan opened the way for the Legion's return, and Sargeras stabbed Azeroth causing tensions between Alliance and Horde to increase dramatically.
    The Void. A force of infinite hunger. Its whispers have broken the will of dragons... and lured even the titans' own children into madness. Sages and scholars fear the Void. But we understand a truth they do not. That the Void is a power to be harnessed... to be bent by a will strong enough to command it. The Void has shaped us... changed us. But you will become its master. Wield the shadows as a weapon to save our world... and defend the Alliance!

5+ Year Old Account
    Tempted to say World of Warcraft: Wrath of the Mobile King, but we are not at that point (yet). I think it's gonna be some awkward mixture of WotLK and Nature themes, Wrathgate comes to mind.
    Quote Originally Posted by trimble View Post
    WoD was the expansion that was targeted at non raiders.

Oh those poor souls who actually believe in WoTLK return.

I'd have guessed Return of the Black Empire, but after the HotS news I'm guessing... World of Warcraft: Budget Cuts

10+ Year Old Account
    World of Warcraft VII: Corgis Unleashed. Corgis will assault our world and we must defeat the Doggo Legion or else we won't get teh "Gud Boi Belli Rubz" and our world will be engulfed in an eternal cone of shame.

Added relevant video to Activision's plan:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QZocvme6cYc
    "Why of course the people don't want war…. But, after all… it is always a simple matter to drag the people along, whether it is a democracy, or a fascist dictatorship, or a parliament, or a communist dictatorship. Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked, and denounce the peacemakers for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to danger. It works the same in any country."

Is anyone else kinda feeling like this game has like 2 xpacs left
    Quote Originally Posted by Tonus View Post
    Anyway stop being such an ass fucktard.
    Quote Originally Posted by oblivium666 View Post
    Would you kindly go fuck yourself?

Quote Originally Posted by Divinexve View Post
    Is anyone else kinda feeling like this game has like 2 xpacs left
    Some new Pandaria will surely catch you off-guard lol

I'm personally hoping that whatever the theme is, it involves a fundamental shift in the faction system. Either a third faction, or perhaps foundational changes to the 2-faction system. For example, the "Horde" and "Alliance" become ideological constructs that are not based on race but rather on ideology.....and anyone from any race can choose to join the side who's ideology most fits their own.

Edit: that being said, I'll probably be playing Classic when this happens, so whatever.

Azeroth 2.0 + Shadowlands

I think its pretty obvious with Warfronts that they are making new assets to replace the old world. I think this process might have even started in Legion. Look at Valsharah, its basically Ashenvale assets enhanced and recolored. The trees from Stormheim are reused in Arathi. And I guarantee that the revamp is what triggered them to finally make Classic. Since this time the old Azeroth will be completely removed from the game.

15+ Year Old Account
    Black Empire themed expansion, with Sylvanas and the shadow priest blade.

Quote Originally Posted by Khaza-R View Post
    Azeroth 2.0 + Shadowlands

I think its pretty obvious with Warfronts that they are making new assets to replace the old world. I think this process might have even started in Legion. Look at Valsharah, its basically Ashenvale assets enhanced and recolored. The trees from Stormheim are reused in Arathi. And I guarantee that the revamp is what triggered them to finally make Classic. Since this time the old Azeroth will be completely removed from the game.
    I wish, but I've got the feeling that they don't want to part with the old world content, thus zidormi presence everywhere we go.
    They really should redo zones, (not all of them) and give them importance at high level so we actually roam there. But since legion they've been using azeroth for so many quest that if they one day redo zones, I just feel like it would break way too much things.
    I guess they could use scenario mode to still make it work, but that will still require a lot of work

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    If I'm guessing honestly? Ka'resh, space ships, sci-fi, and Void Lords.

If I'm picking the worst fan desire? Lich King 2.0, Lordaeron 3.0, or really any expansion you need to put a number point oh after.

If I'm picking what wouldn't make me throw up a little upon the trailer ending? Probably Black Empire stuff.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

Deleted
    I don't want another space traveling, void lords are beyond boring, and I don't have a phone, right.

So it's a undead theme for me, even tho I would kill for a south sea expansion.