Exclamation The first save of MMOC gen disc forum on the wayback machine

https://web.archive.org/web/20100914...al-Discussions

I'd thought I'd look this up. This was a capture on September 14, 2010. Page 1 has 20 threads. The last post made in the thread about to fall off of page 1 was made at 9:16 PM. The most recent post made in the top thread is 9:37. So you make a post on this forum back then, and it falls off the first page in 21 minutes.

Flash forward to this moment in 2019, and it takes 12 hours for a post to fall off the first page. I know it varies a lot from maybe 6 hours to 16 hours. But 21 minutes????!?!?!

Also, love the lime green. Very nice.
    TO FIX WOW:1. smaller server sizes & server-only LFG awarding satchels, so elite players help others. 2. "helper builds" with loom powers - talent trees so elite players cast buffs on low level players XP gain, HP/mana, regen, damage, etc. 3. "helper ilvl" scoring how much you help others. 4. observer games like in SC to watch/chat (like twitch but with MORE DETAILS & inside the wow UI) 5. guild leagues to compete with rival guilds for progression (with observer mode).6. jackpot world mobs.

It’s interesting how what was being discussed has changed.

Quote Originally Posted by Kokolums View Post
    Also, love the lime green. Very nice.
    I've been coming here for a very long time, probably since TBC, but at LEAST since Wrath, and I honestly have no recollection of that green ever being so....... green o_o

I remember the little dude though.

This is awesome
    "I feel bad for Limit , they put in so many hours only to come in second place" - Methodjosh

Quote Originally Posted by jakeic View Post
    It’s interesting how what was being discussed has changed.
    I know, complaints about Horde bias, discussions on how Vanilla was much better, Classes being awful to play.

Good thing to have, really makes the complaints for BfA so much more effective.

The Lightbringer
    15+ Year Old Account
    That's a real funny snapshot of a more civilised age.
    Paladin Bash has spoken.

Ouw, look at those cute little naives back then.

10+ Year Old Account
    Hey look, not one thread bitching about flying being in the game!

Hmmmm
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

10+ Year Old Account
    I miss the old look.

I love the thread where they discussed 25m and 10m dropping the same loot and having the same lockout right before Cata launched.

Little did they know the shit storm that followed that change for the next 2 expansions.
    "I feel bad for Limit , they put in so many hours only to come in second place" - Methodjosh