what poisons (pvp) and pvp talents do you use in 8.1?

Hello guys,

I'm wondering, what poisons do we use now in 3s and 2s? Any tips?

Do you use shiv? What PvP talents do you use?

I thought the way to go was deadly poison with the shiv talent or just ignore shiv, but today I saw some 2,5k rogue (stream) who was playing with wound poison (2s with disc) but using shiv to apply deadly poison. I think that's not good.

Let me know!

Extra questions:
    In 2s and 3s, what comps do you like to play as a rogue? Is anyone switching to outlaw or sub?

Edit:
    Looking @ https://thelootdistrict.com/pvpstats...ll&rating=2400

but it seems to update slowly since a lot still use deadly brew in that statistic.
    Last edited by Sturmwut; 2018-12-14 at 10:04 PM.

Deleted
    I prefer the pikaboo tactic.

Actually using wound poison and applying deadly with Shiv.
    Its more...easy mode and leaves room for messing up.
    Also better against dispells.

No idea if its optimal but is what pikaboo does, so i feel good about it.

Less damage overall ofcourse.

For 3s I stick to wound poison and creeping venom and smoke bomb, I usually go with master poisoner and change between mind numbling/honor among thieves for most games but some I ran EP+SystemShock...

The thing is that now that they removed the "crit azerite trait on mutilate" i feel like i don't get so many CPs and for some cc heavy comps to come back of a cc with some cps make it easier to start dpsing as you connect

If you want to cleave,likely on 2s, i feel like going creeping+M.P.+M.Numb makes some pressure to the healers mana...

And for the big burst i feel like going EP+Sys.Shock+MfD is the way to go to kill someone on a stun, like ks+toxic+muts+envenom+MFD envenom... And I really like to play rmp because I feel it's kind of complicated to set up kills and requiere some good comunication... But i think that RLS will work better now because lock survability has been increased and SP/boomkin variant should still work fine.

I've not tried blindside but seems intresting because you can get some free CPs if you proc with mutilate and to finish someone it's not hitting that hard but cost less energy but you also get less cp(because mutilate can build up to 4cp if it crits with both hands)

And for the specs I really wanted to see subt back on the game but I will give it a try in a couple days and tell you i'm 2k5+ and left like 4 wins to get glad so don't wanna risk at all :3

Quote Originally Posted by drentzlet View Post
    For 3s I stick to wound poison and creeping venom and smoke bomb, I usually go with master poisoner and change between mind numbling/honor among thieves for most games but some I ran EP+SystemShock...
    Btw Mind Numbing does nothing unless you have Deadly Poison on your weapon.

Quote Originally Posted by Kevbrah View Post
    yeah, that is true. I actually tested this, since I thought "deadly" would mean "lethal" so it doesn't care, but that's not true.

Mindnumbing hits only with deadly poison,
    system shock hits only with both garrot und rupture up, no matter what poison.

What a pity, right now I don't feel that honor talents for assassination are exciting. I would like to have more interesting choices (this doesn't mean stronger). For example, the vendetta / shadowstep talent would be more interesting if it just speeds up the cooldown regeneration instead of having a lower cooldown.

Quote Originally Posted by Kevbrah View Post
    Nice to know, at least I only used it once or twice and still won the games but didn't noticed XD

Quote Originally Posted by Sturmwut View Post
    For example, the vendetta / shadowstep talent would be more interesting if it just speeds up the cooldown regeneration instead of having a lower cooldown.
    So what is the point on doing that? I mean instead of having like 10s shs you want shs cd to regenerate faster? I can't see the difference.
    Anyways I feel like most talents are garbage and I only feel like neurotoxine and improved sprint can be fun for some games like for kiting forst mages orb and neurotixne is fun against resto and works fine against priest too now that they've to spam shadowmend for the time inbetween kick/ks.
    But I really feel like most talents are just like upgrading one of your spells and then you've couple of new buttons wich are actually not so good to take...
    For example the mind numbling thing, what's the point on working only on deadly? so you can make more pressure with MP? is that a bug? I only take MP now to help the dampening and the slow but it doesn't really matter that much because a lot of classes has a han of freedom efect this days or jumps or teleports... I mean you can "root" them with system shock but you need like a lot of stuff to line up to make it work and it's useless if they have HoF anyways so... And our new azerite trait that gives a poison efect to vendetta? I've readed that it does like really low damage and it's not worth staking it and it's a freaking poison so it can be dispeled anyways xD...
    IDK atm rogues are fine in damage/cc/mob but i feel like there are classes that have it easier or at least have more things to choose between, its like you only have ways to do damage and i don't feel like the difference is too high... But maybe i'm wrong.
    Last edited by drentzlet; 2018-12-18 at 08:45 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by drentzlet View Post
    So what is the point on doing that? I mean instead of having like 10s shs you want shs cd to regenerate faster? I can't see the difference.
    The difference is very big. If you used shadow step already and have let's say 20second left on the cooldown and use vendetta the cooldown will stay @ 20 seconds. The tooltip says clearly "if you use shadowstep ON your vendetta target the cooldown will be reduced by 66%.

So it's pretty useless, especially if you want to use shadow step to focus kick.

Quote Originally Posted by Sturmwut View Post
    The tooltip says clearly "if you use shadowstep ON your vendetta target the cooldown will be reduced by 66%."
    So it's pretty useless, especially if you want to use shadow step to focus kick.
    Maybe this worked when vendetta was off the GCD so you could shs+ks+vendetta on the same second (i think shs had some gcd but idk).

Ok so you literally want to change the way it works, I mean I see the point to hasten the cd regen so you can have it right back if you shs+kidney+vendetta a target that you know it will jump away like a druid or a monk, but you've dfa for that and improved sprint that is why that talent is mostly useless but I really don't see the point on shs+kidney on a target then shs+kick another target... it's like you will lose some uptime (ofc you can try to land a kick on a healer but if you miss you'll lose a lot of damage)
    I think it's better to have something to improve your killing potential on that go than more mobility to chase your target, that's why subt has 2 so you can step sap/kidney off the cc target and then come back easy to the main target, as assa you've your dots doing some pressure but I still don't see the usefulness of jumping to other target.

I use them bad poisons