Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Elixir of Tongues Live, Upcoming Tuning, Q&A Feedback, A Message From Heroes Team

Season 15 End/Season 16 Start Dates

Rastakhan's Rumble Legendary Cards Worth Your Dust

A Message From Production Director Kaéo Milker

Overwatch Winter Wonderland Patch - Skins, Nerfs & Buffs

Elixir of Tongues Hotfix Live
    The Elixir of Tongues is now for sale on Fizzi Liverzapper.

Upcoming Tuning Adjustments - December 18
    Originally Posted by Blizzard (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)
    With scheduled maintenance next week on 19 December, we’re focusing on shoring up a couple of specs that fell a little behind with Tides of Vengeance:

Druid (Forums / Skills / Talent Calculator)
    Feral
    • Damage of all abilities increased by 7%.

Mage (Forums / Skills / Talent Calculator)
    Frost
    • Damage of all spells increased by 3%.

Both of these adjustments will apply to PvP activities as well.

Developer Q&A Feedback
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    I know he more then likely didn’t word it right but…It honestly sounds like they only take analysis data into consideration and not their player base…
    Which would actually explained a ton about the sate of the current game, class design, and how poor of a state BFA launched…
    That Q&A was hard to watch

I guess you’d be surprised just how much we do read and do listen but that doesn’t mean we do knee-jerk reactions to whatever someone says. We do miss things and do make mistakes, we are still human (unfortunately?), but we do try to consider the implications that changes will have for all player types. We, the World of Warcraft community, are a mass of individuals and not a hive mind. (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)

If you have additional questions or topics to discuss feel free to share those. If there were specific questions you felt weren’t important, please specify those. Keep in mind that what you are wanting answered and what is important to you can easily be different to others… many others. (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)

A Message From Heroes Production Director Kaéo Milker
    Originally Posted by Blizzard (Blue Tracker)
    Yesterday, we announced a difficult decision—the HGC will not be returning in 2019 and we’ll be transitioning some Heroes of the Storm developers to our other game teams. While our extended Blizzard family working on World of Warcraft, Hearthstone, Overwatch, and our unannounced projects will be getting an influx of much-needed, extremely talented Heroes devs to help them achieve their goals, it also means that we’ll need to change the cadence of support for Heroes going forward.

So, I’m sad. I’m sad because I love this team and this game that we’ve built together, with all of you, and this past year has been such a great one for Heroes of the Storm. The HGC had its best year yet and I was so looking forward to the 2019 season. On the game side, we’ve had a steady stream of some of the most sought-after heroes, amazing themed events, and impactful reworks. We also made meaningful progress on improving core systems and features across the game. We truly hit our stride in 2018, so I’m disappointed that some of the exciting plans we had for 2019 will have to change.

But all is not lost. The team that remains dedicated to Heroes of the Storm is a veritable Who’s Who of developers who have been driving every facet of the game from the very beginning—from people you know and have seen speak publicly about the game for years, to those who have poured their hearts into it from behind the scenes. In short, we’re continuing to develop the game with an incredible team that has the experience and passion required to support Heroes of the Storm well into the future.

The Heroes of the Storm team and I also have a unique opportunity to rethink things and reprioritize. Because now more than ever, our charge is to focus on taking care of you, our players, and to channel all our energy into keeping the game dynamic and fun. This means we’re still committed to regular hero reworks, themed events, and even new heroes. We’re setting our sights on the new goals and timelines for what we want to do with the game from here on out and we’re eager to share those plans as soon as they’re finalized.

So, I’m also excited. I’m excited for my teammates to bring their hard-won experience from making this game to the other teams at Blizzard to help their games be even better. And I’m especially excited for Heroes of the Storm to continue evolving with a renewed focus and purity of purpose.

Thank you for joining us on the journey so far, and please bear with us through these changes. Your feedback is as critical as ever, and continues to guide our priorities and decisions while helping us be better along the way.

Thank you,
    Kaéo
    Last edited by chaud; 2018-12-14 at 11:19 PM.

I thought had read that they HAD bumped frost by 3% but took Comet Storm down by 30%... so have neither been implemented yet? Frankly, I'd give up the 3% to keep the 30%... when the CDs align and RNG smiles, can do some good AoE.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Brightbrown View Post
    I thought had read that they HAD bumped frost by 3% but took Comet Storm down by 30%... so have neither been implemented yet? Frankly, I'd give up the 3% to keep the 30%... when the CDs align and RNG smiles, can do some good AoE.
    It's a further 3% on top of the 8.1 change.

Wow finally put direct x-faction communication in.

Anyone wanna take bets on which Blizzard game Activision shit on next? Last 5 months of 2018 and all 3 of my favourite games got dumpster fired, I give up, buying a PS4 and playing some single player stuff.

5+ Year Old Account
    Elixir of tongues!!!!! What?! Now i can insult people who gank me Good job!

Quote Originally Posted by Cloudmaker View Post
    Only if you drink it fast enough and type the insult before they kill you again

10+ Year Old Account
    Hm wow future doesnt look bright. If they took people from wow to new projects, the content will suffer even more.

Lol how many % buffs has Feral had in BFA? its been at least 5 that I can remember. There was a 700 page thread on the Beta forums with Feral Feedback that never got a single blue post.

Love wow!

Quote Originally Posted by Yunru View Post
    Hm wow future doesnt look bright. If they took people from wow to new projects, the content will suffer even more.
    The post was about Heroes of the Storm, not WoW. The front page could've probably made that a bit more clear.

That message from the HOTS guy is sad. I've seen similar, in other industries, when someone is trying to keep a brave face, while teetering on the brink of the abyss.

What a way to ruin a lot of people's holidays. I get why they're doing it now, because everyone will be in their new cubicles come January, because Blizzard basically shuts down for the last two weeks of the year. But man. What a bummer.

At least they didn't lay the whole team off.

Yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Cloudmaker View Post
    False, it only lets you understand enemy faction talk, it does not let you speak it. In order for the person ganking you to know what you are saying, they also have to use the elixir.

Does custom emotes still show up as "makes some strange gestures", though?

Bye Bye to another non-fps game. This is the first stage of downgrading the game until its not worth mentioning anymore, like Starcraft II,
    stops in production comes in a year or so. all goes to bang bang your dead without thinking games.

Boetar!

Hahahahahahaahahahahahahaa

Burn!

Are they drunk with this feral buff, feral was already simming in top 5.

Quote Originally Posted by Exodeus View Post
    Are they drunk with this feral buff, feral was already simming in top 5.
    Lol you better check warcraftlogs for uldir.....

Something tells me that elixir wont stay around long. Odd they bring something like that in during a faction conflict expansion
    Quote Originally Posted by scorpious1109 View Post
    Why the hell would you wait till after you did this to confirm the mortality rate of such action?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zantos View Post
    Something tells me that elixir wont stay around long. Odd they bring something like that in during a faction conflict expansion
    You can't use it to grief people so I doubt it will make much of a difference. People already try to add others to battlenet to rage at them, making themselves able to understand you doesn't really do anything.
    give up dat booty
    Quote Originally Posted by Pendra View Post
    <3
    For the matriarchy.

Quote Originally Posted by Izalla View Post
    You can't use it to grief people so I doubt it will make much of a difference. People already try to add others to battlenet to rage at them, making themselves able to understand you doesn't really do anything.
    I mean, you can very well grief them using it. I just don't see it being used for anything other then spamming obscenities at the other faction. If you had friends to actually talk with on the other side, they would be on bnet.
    Quote Originally Posted by scorpious1109 View Post
    Why the hell would you wait till after you did this to confirm the mortality rate of such action?