Page 1 of 2
LastLast

AWC and MDI Competitive Rulings, Patch 8.1 Hotfixes - December 14, 2018

Elixir of Tongues Live, Upcoming Tuning, Q&A Feedback, A Message From Heroes Team

AWC and MDI Competitive Rulings
    Originally Posted by Blizzard (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)
    The World of Warcraft Arena World Championship (AWC) and Mythic Dungeon Invitational (MDI) programs operate via official rulesets, which were established in order to set expectations around the rules of tournament play and structure, player eligibility, points, prizes, sponsorships, and player conduct. All players accept these rules in order to participate in our tournaments and are expected to abide by them at all times.

We take all violations seriously. This page will be updated as new competitive rulings are issued.

• Simon "Boetar" Heinks
    • 2018 AWC Ruleset
    • 6.1(a) - Misconduct outside tournament venue
    • Suspension (01/01/2019 - 12/31/2019)

Patch 8.1 Hotfixes - December 14, 2018
    Originally Posted by Blizzard (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)
    Classes

Items
    • Heart of Azeroth
      • (Elemental Shaman) Fixed an issue that sometimes caused Echo of the Elementals to summon two Ember Elementals after Fire Elemental expired.

Player versus Player
    • Alterac Valley
      • Fixed a bug that caused players to be unable to spawn at Stonehearth Graveyard after dying.

• Death Knight (Forums / Skills / Talent Calculator)
      • Frostwhelp's Indignation (Azerite trait) now correctly damages players in addition to granting mastery.
      • Raise Abomination will now correctly attack neutral creatures if the player is in combat with them.

• Priest (Forums / Skills / Talent Calculator)
      • Discipline
        • Fixed a bug that prevented Trinity from providing additional critical strike chance to Smite, Penance, and Shadowfiend.
        • Fixed a bug that caused Trinity to stop applying Atonement to targets after 3 are active.

• Warlock (Forums / Skills / Talent Calculator)
      • Affliction
        • Fixed a bug that caused Gateway Mastery to reduce the duration of the Demonic Gateway debuff by more than 15 seconds.

Quests
    • (With server restarts in each region) Fixed a bug that caused repeatable quests, such as Pet Battle dailies or Blingtron, to reset incorrectly.
    • Fixed an issue where Alliance players could not turn in "An End to the Killing" to King Anduin Wrynn in Stormwind if they were also on the quest "On Whispered Winds".
    • All NPCs related to “The Right Mech for the Job” should now be visible, even when a Faction Assault is active.
    • Fixed an issue where certain players could see multiple copies of Anduin, Velen, and Genn in the Stormwind War Room.

World Quests
    • Fixed an issue where Horde players could not complete the quest "Cease all Summoning" while the Nazmir Assault is active.
    • Fixed a bug where players were sometimes not granted quest credit during “Desert Crawl”.
    • Fixed a bug that prevented Blight Barrels from behaving properly on “Barreling Through”.
    • Baron Cloudsnipe will no longer chase players in Pozzik's Experimental Bomber to the ends of the earth on “Romp in the Swamp”. He's still a crack shot, though.

Well, well, well.

Not sure about SoB nerfs, that place is relatively easy, you just need to handle the packs right before the 3rd boss correctly, blow all CDs and Hero if need be, and it's generally smooth sailing. ML will now be easier than it is, even with current affixes it's not that bad, packs only have at most 2 mobs and 2 spells that can cause trouble.
    Welcome changes to SoTS, whatever the key, that place is far too punishing and always feel 2-3 keystone levels above what you are actually running.

Absolutely massive changes: Good for those still playing, a real shame for everyone who stopped playing because m+ was wildly imbalanced

Deleted
    Yeah some of them were reversions of the hidden buffs
    Last edited by mmoc48fb677dc9; 2018-12-15 at 04:23 AM.

Deleted
    So what? Who plays this game anyway nowadays? They should have nerfed those m+ at day one... not when everyone plays other games....

BTW why can I not mog my wand into anything else? hmm? like into my artifact weapon? hello?
    Last edited by mmocfd328e0b6e; 2018-12-15 at 06:30 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by bjjones13 View Post
    Absolutely massive changes: Good for those still playing, a real shame for everyone who stopped playing because m+ was wildly imbalanced
    sad thing is - nobody will notice - its way to lat - nobody is doin anything but freehold and atal .

they are repeating their mistake from legion - it doesnt matter how much you nerf stuff in stances - community wont notice because if they have been avoiding those dungeons for past 4 months they will continiue doin this for next 2 years.

they hsould have taken much more radical appraoch - like remove 40 % of trash from most dungeons and adjust down the timers for this included.

this would bring people back in

but its clear at this point that mythic + became wasted resources just like mythic raiding. they should scrap both systems instead trying to tune it and failing year after year

10+ Year Old Account
    cool changes so far but....
    when will Tol dagor be fixed so you cant add mobs trough walls/doors/floors and cellings?
    Had a misserable time in + 11 the other day just stupid
    Pulling scond boss though door adding the whole room was just the best

So when are you fixing the issues in Uldir that still remain?

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    "Lowered Golden Serpent’s Animated Gold health by 75%."

Welcome change, Sepent Boss was a pain as melee with higher Tyrannical runs.

Players are now able to purchase Elixir of Tongues from Lizzi Liverzapper. Using and applying the potion will allow players to be able to understand the opposite faction.

!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Dhru View Post
    So what? Who plays this game anyway nowadays? They should have nerfed those m+ at day one... not when everyone plays other games....

BTW why can I not mog my wand into anything else? hmm? like into my artifact weapon? hello?
    I'm gonna go with the millions still playing the game

From 20 to 75% (!) nerfs everywhere, 3 months into the expac.

That's. Awesome. I'm pretty sure most of these problems were already highlighted during the Beta (well, let's say the first Beta), right ?

Wow, mythic+ just became mythic-. Dat nerfbat.

Other than seeing what the new packs with teeming and infested are, the only changes that really matters are the ones for Kings rest. Motherload/Boralus were already ones of the easiest dungeons, so the nerfs wont do much. Sethrallis, Shrine, Waycrest and Tol dagor changes are insignificant, most of those mobs were not a problem anyway.

For Underrot, I guess the intent is to make the first 3 pulls more manageable now that you cant run past them.

well motherload was because the trash after 2nd boss was also pain. Now you actually mby make routes through 2>3rd boss without double death skipping

Quote Originally Posted by Ophenia View Post
    From 20 to 75% (!) nerfs everywhere, 3 months into the expac.

That's. Awesome.
    I'm curious if Blizz is going to do the whole "mobs are stronger and drop higher ilvl gear now" thing they did in Legion.
    My Collection
    - Bring back my damn zoom distance/MoP Portals - I read OP minimum, 1st page maximum-make wow alt friendly again -Please post constructively(topkek) -Kill myself

All the crying casuals finally cried long enough for blizzard to remove the only challenge in the game. Why not just enter a mythic+ and have it instantly finished? They're ruining the only fun thing in the game. It's suppose to be CHALLENGING, if you only do 1 mythic+ once a week you should not be doing them at all, you're a filthy casual.

Why did they BAN Boetar for a entire year:?

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by huldu View Post
    All the crying casuals finally cried long enough for blizzard to remove the only challenge in the game. Why not just enter a mythic+ and have it instantly finished? They're ruining the only fun thing in the game. It's suppose to be CHALLENGING, if you only do 1 mythic+ once a week you should not be doing them at all, you're a filthy casual.
    Did you seen keys can not destroyed now, lot of players avoiding some harder/bad/imbalanced dungeons?
    Not all got simple % nerf as you see the changes.

Quote Originally Posted by otro View Post
    Why did they BAN Boetar for a entire year:?
    Apparently he said something rude about the tournament, and that's enough to get you banned.