Hey guys,

Quick question regarding our stats:

Just ran a quick sim (patchwerk, 300sec,) and these are the results:

Mastery: 2.05
    Intellect: 1.99
    Haste: 1.91
    Critical Strike: 1.83
    Versatility: 1.81

So, shall i focus on mastery then? (enchants/gems) or did i miss something after the new patch?

TIA for your replies

Keep in mind that this is just a momentary snapshot.

To find out which setup is better for you you need to do before/after sims.

My sims showed the exact same thing at 379 ilvl. Trust sims, not people.

Quote Originally Posted by Demonpuke View Post
    Trust sims, not people.
    But apply common sense and keep in mind that sims are usually not perfect representations of actual ingame encounters and assume perfect execution.

Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    But apply common sense and keep in mind that sims are usually not perfect representations of actual ingame encounters and assume perfect execution.
    If people need to be told this then they need to spend their leisure time in a library or remedial school classes instead of on video games. Don't coddle stupidity, it breeds more stupidity.

If people need to be told this then they need to spend their leisure time in a library or remedial school classes instead of on video games. Don't coddle stupidity, it breeds more stupidity.
    Everybody is new once. Besides, with stupid, we'd first have to pry them away from religiously following the first guide they found.

Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    Another thing to add is to sim AoE/cleave situations since your stat weights will likely change priority (with the same caveats as you described). I suppose there's still a setting that introduces error to simulate non-optimal play in the sims, but I haven't used it. Regardless , I aim for stats that work well in a variety situations to avoid gear hoarding if possible, and for me it's haste/mastery.

For example, ST situations has haste hugging the bottom for me (I have lots of it) with mastery at the top, but moving into varying AoE scenarios puts haste above everything else with mastery at semi-close second. Personally, I like haste since it can help in scenarios where we have to move in terms of letting the DoTs do the work and getting that extra cast in before needing to move. To even things out, I aim for haste/mastery as it works in all scenarios pretty well with my current gearing. However, with enough haste/mastery I could see crit moving to my #1 secondary stat, as the weights can change constantly. Fortunately for me, ST secondary stat weights are pretty close compared to pre-8.1 levels.
    “Society is endangered not by the great profligacy of a few, but by the laxity of morals amongst all.”
    “It's not an endlessly expanding list of rights — the 'right' to education, the 'right' to health care, the 'right' to food and housing. That's not freedom, that's dependency. Those aren't rights, those are the rations of slavery — hay and a barn for human cattle.”
    ― Alexis de Tocqueville

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by exochaft View Post
    Another thing to add is to sim AoE/cleave situations since your stat weights will likely change priority (with the same caveats as you described). I suppose there's still a setting that introduces error to simulate non-optimal play in the sims, but I haven't used it. Regardless , I aim for stats that work well in a variety situations to avoid gear hoarding if possible, and for me it's haste/mastery.

For example, ST situations has haste hugging the bottom for me (I have lots of it) with mastery at the top, but moving into varying AoE scenarios puts haste above everything else with mastery at semi-close second. Personally, I like haste since it can help in scenarios where we have to move in terms of letting the DoTs do the work and getting that extra cast in before needing to move. To even things out, I aim for haste/mastery as it works in all scenarios pretty well with my current gearing. However, with enough haste/mastery I could see crit moving to my #1 secondary stat, as the weights can change constantly. Fortunately for me, ST secondary stat weights are pretty close compared to pre-8.1 levels.
    All of this. I mean, yeah, the stat weights might be right... for a 300 second Patchwerk fight. Have any of those lately? Where you ONLY had one boss to hit and didn't need to move? Right. Me either.

Also, you need to make sure that simcraft is up to date for your class and spec. Patches change things and if SC isn't updated and correct, the weights mean nothing.

Pandaren Monk
    15+ Year Old Account
    All stats are extremely close to each other in 8.1, it's barely worth worrying about right now.

The sims also take into account your Reorigination Array so depending on your content it may not be very useful (e.g. it might underrate haste because you are getting 750 from origination array). It probably wouldn't hurt shifting some haste gems/enchants to mastery assuming you do not make it so your reorigination changes.

Always think about simming vs multiple targets too if you want to gear for M+!

Quote Originally Posted by Bhorin View Post
    The sims also take into account your Reorigination Array
    You can turn this off on Raidbots under Simulation Options > BFA Reorigination Array Stacks < set to zero for content outside Uldir. Here is the write up on wowhead back in September in case anyone wants to read more in depth how it works.

https://www.wowhead.com/news=287270/...in-simulations

You can turn this off on Raidbots under Simulation Options > BFA Reorigination Array Stacks < set to zero for content outside Uldir. Here is the write up on wowhead back in September in case anyone wants to read more in depth how it works.

https://www.wowhead.com/news=287270/...in-simulations
    Yes, you can, but he probably didn't.. which is why I was letting him know.

Also, if he wants it for Uldir it is important that he knows that shifting from his current origination array can drastically change his weights.
    Last edited by Bhorin; 2018-12-17 at 05:25 PM.