a whining post about Battle for Darkshore

hi there. I don't want to be a negative person. I play game for lore and stories. and for fun. I am caual. hardly doing raids beyond LFR and dungeons beyond LFG. dont pvp. etc
    and I avoid posting in threads which apply those themes.
    also I do follow almost sll infos from betas.
    I finished 8.1 campaign and did Battle for Darkshore.

this was awful on so many levels even after "fixing" Tyrande vs Nathanos fight.

too many illogical and irrelevant quests and actions. both lorewise and technical
    1. Alliance has no soldiers for battle on two fronts
    meanwhile My character appears one man army who can handle both fronts acxording to Maiev and Anduin
    2. NE go to stormwind harbor and take naval ship to reach Zorams strand in Ashenvale. instead of joining them. i need to use portal. go to darkshore. fly back to ashenvale to join maiwv. and then move back to darkshore again. wtf?lorewise portals are very rare and they arenot permanent. and not everybody can make them. same goes for Hearthstones. etc.
    why the hell does maiwv send me to portal?
    3. Maiwv is stilk fugitivw from Alliance for killing Alliance citizens. mostly highborne and Ne/Worgen. somehow everybody is ok with her during Legion and in BFA nobody ever asks why aint she arrested. just small metion from Jarod and Tyrande.
    4. Kaldorei Dark Rangers!!! everybody went nuts because of it already. and it diesnot make sense. actually it coyld. if they made some logical explanation (which was also possible)
    5. timing. most actions do not make sense together. mostly they feel like small parts of same action from different angles. and this too soesnot explain lots of stuff
    6. Greyness. Blizzard writers do not seem to know what is morally grey.
    issuing command to kill enemy hospitals healer(s) is morally grey. but if it is given by character who can do thst (nathanos. rokhan.etc) not by one who would never do it (Liandrin is fking palading. healer. warrior of light. she endured lots of shit to fall like that. never will Rexxar make such action. he left old horde for losing honor)

stop making bad stuff from chatacters who wouldnot do it.
    magister Umbric rising void beasts vs zandalari?that is ok. he would do it. it suits him. he works under alliance and thats good choice. but Genn Greymane sending us to him. while he must be in Kalimdor helping elves is stupid. even old Genn would be vs such thing after witnessing what happened in Gilneas. in Broken Shore. Helheim. Lordaeron. etc. and after changing himself to be more positive person. ot ruins his character

only expansion which didnot left me with big Hype was BfA. even when announced i felt it was somehow different. on wrong side of games. if such can exist. I did enjoy all wow. yeah cata had its flaws and WoD was disaster. but I have never felt so low in WoW untill BfA

i dont think I will stop playing. but y gaetime is reducing much much more. game is going to wrong direction
    it has everything better. more and better cinematics. more storues. interesting gameplay and lots of other stuff. grrat zones. but all together seem to fail

idk why
    and it hurts my feelings. this game was part of me for over 15 years

- - - Updated - - -

7. MagHar orcs helping Forsaken plague woods.
    wtf. they left dying Draenor and plamed Draenei for it. and now they do worse for this new world?

10+ Year Old Account
    BFA is a shitshow through and through. we got neutral characters pulling a order 66, we got terrible fucking wpvp, a shitty necklace and shitty lore.

Maiev and Jarod patch things up in Legion.

Mag'Har aren't fleeing a dying world they are fleeing the oppression of the Lightbound Draenei. These are WoD Mag'Har, not BC.

Paladins can do bad things if it's in the service to the light. Arthas could still heal even after massacring and burning down Stratholme.

magister Umbric rising void beasts vs zandalari?that is ok. he would do it. it suits him. he works under alliance and thats good choice.
    "Rising", what a strong word. They are not even undead, It's not like he is pulling the souls of those animals from beyond the grave, he is just animating their bodies by using ominous Void energy, as if they were puppets, and the enigmatic Magister were the puppeteer. He is not a Necromancer. And Yes, I do agree that it is very much in character for a pragmatic and dutiful leader like Magister Umbric.
    The Void. A force of infinite hunger. Its whispers have broken the will of dragons... and lured even the titans' own children into madness. Sages and scholars fear the Void. But we understand a truth they do not. That the Void is a power to be harnessed... to be bent by a will strong enough to command it. The Void has shaped us... changed us. But you will become its master. Wield the shadows as a weapon to save our world... and defend the Alliance!

Quote Originally Posted by masterjc View Post
    and it hurts my feelings. this game was part of me for over 15 years
    I think that summarizes why so many people is angry about BfA (myself included). It's so terrible in so many ways (lore/story, game systems, dungeons, gold making, professions, class design...) that we're offended, we're hurt. It's a terrible feeling, I'm sorry op.

Quote Originally Posted by Shelly View Post

Mag'Har aren't fleeing a dying world they are fleeing the oppression of the Lightbound Draenei. These are WoD Mag'Har, not BC.

Paladins can do bad things if it's in the service to the light. Arthas could still heal even after massacring and burning down Stratholme.
    it amazes me how many alliance human paladin fanatics that still are incapable of realizing this.
    change can't wait.

Arthas' action in Stratholme was the epitomy of actual morally grey and in now way does it stand out as a dead evil and atrocious act. From an observation view, you can both blame him and praise him, because you can argue that he'd have a way out to find a solution, but at the same time there was no time for it. Naturally, so long as his faith on himself did not waver after this, there was no way he'd lose the Light's boon.

On the context of Liadrin's comissioning to have you assault a hospital, I would not describe it as evil; I'd more think of it as a petty act for her character. I could find you over ten characters that would recommend such a cunning and questionable action, compared to Liadrin, but even with that given in account, it is not as honourless as it appears.

At the end of the day, I enjoy Paladins like Halford Wyrmbane a lot more to the "honour" Paladins that lean a lot to the Argent Crusade's standards. Wyrmbane has quite some good strategic mind and keeps a soldier's profile, one that severely lacks on Paladins as of late.

10+ Year Old Account

It's both, sorta. Their world is dying, and they blame the draenei for it. The draenei blame them. The reason the draenei have turned on them at all is because the world started dying and they blamed the orcs for it (because of the time it happened in our timeline, which they obviously found out about after we were there with them for a year). So the orcs are fleeing the draenei, but also escaping a dying world, which caused them to be hunted by the draenei in the first place.
    give up dat booty
    Quote Originally Posted by Pendra View Post
    <3
    For the matriarchy.

Quote Originally Posted by Alleria Windrunner View Post
    "Rising", what a strong word. They are not even undead, It's not like he is pulling the souls of those animals from beyond the grave, he is just animating their bodies by using ominous Void energy, as if they were puppets, and the enigmatic Magister were the puppeteer. He is not a Necromancer. And Yes, I do agree that it is very much in character for a pragmatic and dutiful leader like Magister Umbric.
    I agree. People are blowing that "void raising" way out of proportion. He is not resurrecting them, merely animating them as puppets with void. While it's not pleasant, it's definitely not on par with atrocities committed by the other side, which is a case some people try to make on the forums. False equivalence.