Page 1 of 10
... LastLast

The Hivemind Mount Solved

The Hivemind Mount Solved
    The Secret Finding Discord has figured out the Hivemind Mount!

You will need a group of at least five players to acquire The Hivemind. There are many pugs going in LFG. You should all have the same warmode setting while working on the puzzle together.

Step 1 - Purchase and equip the Talisman of True Treasure Tracking. This is obtained Griftah in Shattrath. Keep this equipped for the entire puzzle.

Step 2 - Acquire the colored crystal monocles.
    • Note: Players have reported that your party only needs one of each monocle, but each one should be held by a different player. According to these reports you do not have to acquire any of these monocles personally to unlock The Hivemind. It is possible to join a group of four players who have these monocles already, but who have not completed the Suramar Beams, and join them at that step.

Red Crystal Monocle - complete the trading game puzzle in Vash’jir. You will need 2380 gold for this step.

Green Crystal Monocle - complete the Skyreach puzzle.
    • At the end of the Skyreach dungeon, you can interact with the Basic Instructions banner.
    • Interact with the small glowing orb on the console and colored lights will appear in the distance.
    • Use the console to perform the following sequence: Right - Up - Down - Up - Right - Right - Up - Left - Down - Up - Left - Down
    • A chest will appear at the top of the console, loot the Green Crystal Monocle.

Yellow Crystal Monocle - complete the Halls of Origination puzzle.
    • Enter the Halls of Origination and take the stairs on the right. When you’ve reached the elevator jump down to interact with the Stellar Refraction device.
    • Click each constellation that appears to change the colors of other constellations nearby. Once they are all the same color, the chest will spawn containing the Yellow Crystal Monocle.
    • An addon has been developed to help solve this puzzle.
    • Note that you can invite players to your party after the puzzle has been solved, and they too can loot the chest containing the monocle.

Blue Crystal Monocle - complete the letter puzzle.
    • You will need to read letters located all over Azeroth.
    • Letter #1 - Shattrath at 65,69 behind Griftah.
    • Letter #2 - Highmountain at 57.41, 27.91 on top a wood crate.
    • Letter #3 - Karazhan raid on a table in Medivh's Chambers.
    • Letter #4 - Razorfen Downs at the end of the instance on a table.
    • Letter #5 - Mount Hyjal at 44.41, 46.65 at the top of the tree.
    • Letter #6 - Icecrown at 70.73, 73.35 near the border of Crystalsong Forest.
    • Letter #7 - Townlong Steppes at 37.7, 63 near the base of the structure.
    • Go to Borean Tundra to the top of The Nexus and loot the Gift from Ms. Graham at 27.45, 27.12 to acquire the Blue Crystal Monocle.

Step 3 - Disabling the Suramar Beams.
    • In Suramar at 41, 69.5 there are four colored beams, one for each monocle.
    • There are also 4 withered NPCs that correspond to each beam / monocle.
    • Rikei (red) located at 71.86, 62.57
    • Blom’an (blue) located at 46.89, 28.61.
    • Giluzui (green) located at 19.95, 46.39.
    • Yorilan (yellow) located at 43.58, 81.82.
    • Each member of your party must be at a different withered, equipped with the corresponding colored monocle. Equipping the monocle will make the withered hostile to you. The remaining player will stand by the doorway with the colored beams.
    • Bringing the withered down to 1% HP will cause it to cast Draw Energy. This will cause that withered’s color beam to briefly be removed from the doorway.
    • The 4 members of your group handling the withered must carefully time bringing the NPCs down to 1%, while the fifth player stands near the doorway, waiting to go in.
    • Once all beams are down, the 5th player must quickly get to the dresser and interact with the Lost Cat Toy.
    • This will cause the player to be teleported out and take damage. Make note of the amount of damage taken, as this is required to complete the next step.

Step 4 - Lady Chaton in the Court of Stars
    • Take the entire group to Lady Chaton in the Court of Stars. There are numerous manakittens that can be pet. Each time you pet a kitten it gets a stack of Purring for 15 seconds.
    • The damage the 5th player in your party took when getting teleported out of the Suramar room is the number of stacks you must apply to different cats.
    • The order of the cats compared to the damage taken is Fluffy, Shadow, Mew, Ash and Bella. For example, if the player in your group took 15904 damage then you would need 1 stack on Fluffy, 5 stacks on Shadow, 9 stacks on Mew, 0 stacks on Ash and 4 stacks on Bella.
    • If the damage taken was only 4 digits long, ignore Fluffy.
    • If the damage taken was only 3 digits long, Ignore Fluffy and Shadow.
    • Make sure to start with the cat that has the highest stacks needed, as the stacks quickly drop after 15 seconds.
    • Once all necessary cats have their required stacks, an orb will appear. Click it to be teleported to the next puzzle.

Step 5 - The Jumping Puzzle
    • All five players will need to get to the other side of the room through the jumping puzzle.
    • Assign each player in your group a position, from 1 to 5, and follow this jumping guide.
    • With all five players across, walk up to the door together. When all players are at the door it can be opened.

Final Step - The Arcane Crossing
    • Stand about 4-5 steps from top of the stairs.
    • The objective is to get all five players over to the other side, by riding the lightlock disc.
    • Nobody can cross solo. There is a single combination of 3 players within your group that can cross together. The rest will cross in pairs of two.
    • One person is capable of crossing with any other player. Think of them as the "anchor" player.
    • Mark each player in the raid with an icon. Through trial and error, send two people at a time onto the disc.
    • When a pair makes it across, one of them is the anchor. Do some more trial and error to figure out which one it is.
    • Once you have identified the person who can cross with anyone (the anchor), you must now identify the group of three people that can cross together. This will be the only group of three capable of crossing at the same time. It will consist of the anchor player + two other members in your group. Call this the "trio". Use trial and error again.
    • Once you have identified the trio that can cross together, you are nearly complete.
    • The anchor player will always stay on the disc, and only come off in the final step.
    • With the trio on the disc, drop one of the two non-anchor players off at the finish. You now have two people on the disc. (anchor + one member of the trio)
    • Drop the other member of the trio back off at the start, and pick up another regular group member. Take them to the finish, where they will get off, and the member of the trio who was at the finish will get back on.
    • Both of these members will ride on the disc back to the start, and pick up the third member of the trio. Ride back to the finish, and drop a member of the trio off at the finish. You now have two members at the finish (one member of the trio, one regular member).
    • The anchor and remaining member of the trio ride back to the start where the remaining member of the trio will hop off the disc, and pickup the other regular member of your party. Drop this person off at the finish, and pick up the member of the trio who was waiting at the finish. You should now have both "regular" members at the finish, the anchor and one trio member on the disc, and one trio member at the start.
    • Ride the disc once more to the start, and pick up the last remaining of the trio. All three of you ride to the finish, and hop off at the same time. Approach the door as a group, and open it.
    • Surrounding The Hivemind are five shadowy pools. Each member must stand in a different pool and click on The Hivemind.
    • Once all players channel their spell at the same time, the mount will be yours!
    Last edited by Osiris; 2018-12-16 at 12:27 PM.

Nice it took the secret's community 4 days ^^ they are getting better at this

Amazes me every time they've solved one of these.

that hotfix was my bad Somarlane's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    It is amazing, and I love these people. The community stays positive, helpful, and nearly always polite both in text and voice chat.

How do they solve these things!?! This is like NSA level code-breaking wtf

LOL!!

The secret finding community is downright scary at this point!

It's a shame this one requires a group of 5 people. People late to the party may never be able to complete it.

You can only ride other Hiveminds that completed it in your group it looks like. My guildmate and I who did it in separate groups cant mount each other, but those of us who did it together can.

I can't believe this was solved before the Blood-soaked Tome of Dark Whispers. I want my friggin' CRAWG >:C

10+ Year Old Account
    This was fun, shout out to my pug 5 man who stuck it out

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by stigz View Post
    How do they solve these things!?! This is like NSA level code-breaking wtf
    lots of people with lots of good and bad ideas

Quote Originally Posted by Esper View Post
    It's a shame this one requires a group of 5 people. People late to the party may never be able to complete it.
    AS soon as I saw that step I went, well I won't be getting this mount

Challenge Mode : Play WoW like my disability has me play:
    You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.
    Now see how far Brian and John get in WoW.

Quote Originally Posted by schwarzkopf View Post
    AS soon as I saw that step I went, well I won't be getting this mount
    Same, I mean it could happen but it kinda kills my motivation, esp for something so complicated. I remember doing the only the penitant achieve in fire lands which wasn't nearly that hard and was still painful.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hamanis View Post
    My guildmate and I who did it in separate groups cant mount each other
    ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
    "It's time to kick ass and chew bubblegum... and I'm all outta ass."

I'm a British gay Muslim Pakistani American citizen, ask me how that works! (terribly)

Quote Originally Posted by elaina View Post
    Same, I mean it could happen but it kinda kills my motivation, esp for something so complicated.
    It isn't motivation for me, rather that by the time I get to that point in time - the simple act of trying to find 4 other people who are after the mount and who are all on EXACTLY the same phase in a long chain - that will be close to impossible.

You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.

Quote Originally Posted by schwarzkopf View Post
    It isn't motivation for me, rather that by the time I get to that point in time - the simple act of trying to find 4 other people who are after the mount and who are all on EXACTLY the same phase in a long chain - that will be close to impossible.
    The people who say stuff like this are the people that don't actively try to find and put together a group. Its not close to impossible to get a group together because everyone will be looking for a group when they get to the part that requires a group. Stop being lazy or stop complaining.

Quote Originally Posted by Ahveros View Post
    Its not close to impossible to get a group
    So you are making the illogical assumption that everyone doing this will do it at EXACTLY the same rate, and that in 3 weeks when I get up to that point - that a whole stack of people will be up to that exact point in the chain as well.
    Or maybe they will know I'm coming and wait for me ... lol.

As a comparison - when I was doing the Ba'al chain, I met a grand total of ONE other person doing the chain during the ENTIRE thing, and we were not on the same part.

Be rational dude.

I have to group up with someone? eww pass.

They really shouldn't add co-op stuff to stuff like this, it's going to be impossible to get this in a few weeks.

i wonder which genius in blizzard htought up about demanding co-op from the favourite solo activity in game aka mount farming.

they went full retard mode from what we see.

The question is: can those who already acquired the Hivemind mount, help those who are still working to get it? Or does it have to be a group of five people that haven't gotten their mounts yet?