Thread: Holy in M+

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Yhcti View Post
    Just a simple one really, how effective is it? I find Discipline hideous to play, purely because I'm so used to the old version in wotlk/mop etc... I can't enjoy the BfA piece. Holy however is probably the most fun i've had in this game since TBC.. I didn't know how well they performed in M+? is Discipline still the "go-to" ?
    Depends on how high of keys you do realistically. For 10-14 Disc and Holy are pretty similar as far as how often they show up. 15+ is when Holy priests start seeing a decline, and disc becomes more of an obvious choice. At 20+ Holy is basically non existent.

https://raider.io/mythic-plus/season...MythicLevel=14
    https://raider.io/mythic-plus/season...MythicLevel=99

Quote Originally Posted by siskokid21 View Post
    Depends on how high of keys you do realistically. For 10-14 Disc and Holy are pretty similar as far as how often they show up. 15+ is when Holy priests start seeing a decline, and disc becomes more of an obvious choice. At 20+ Holy is basically non existent.

The fact that OP is publicly asking about the status of a spec leaves me to believe that he is freshly 120 and struggling with +2s. Any and all information needed is found via a simple Google search or experimentation.

Short answer. Yes you can do +2 as holy.
    Long answer. See above response.
    Best answer. Do what you want, it's a video game.

Quote Originally Posted by Angrie View Post
    The fact that OP is publicly asking about the status of a spec leaves me to believe that he is freshly 120 and struggling with +2s. Any and all information needed is found via a simple Google search or experimentation.

Short answer. Yes you can do +2 as holy.
    Long answer. See above response.
    Best answer. Do what you want, it's a video game.
    OP also mentions that he's been playing since TBC and even questions if "Disc is still the go-to" which means he isn't a complete noob like your implying. You know what happens when you assume?

You avoided OP's question and instead answered a question no one asked, and also said a simple google search would have found his answer. http://lmgtfy.com/?q=is+holy+priest+good+in+mythic%2B. You'll notice most of the information is how to play holy priest, or debates about holy and disc from 8.0/legion. There is not much in terms of useful information for OP to find from a google search, at least not for 8.1.

Quote Originally Posted by Franarok View Post
    The problem? you can't get 3x Permeating Glow+ 3x Promise of Deliverance from the new raid equip

Not a single piece of azerite allow you yo have Permeating Glow and Promise of Deliverance at same time.

So at the end we only can have 3 of them (for dungeons 2 permeating glow and 1 promise).

When Blizz nerfed the talent "trial of Light" I was sure was because we would be able to mix 3x Permeating Glow with 3x Promise of Deliverance ..... but nope. That is kinda dirty from Blizz haha
    Luckily there's more than just raid gear available. Mythic+ has chest and 2x helm, emmisary have chest and shoulders and pvp have shoulders.

Quote Originally Posted by Franarok View Post
    The problem? you can't get 3x Permeating Glow+ 3x Promise of Deliverance from the new raid equip

Not a single piece of azerite allow you yo have Permeating Glow and Promise of Deliverance at same time.

So at the end we only can have 3 of them (for dungeons 2 permeating glow and 1 promise).

When Blizz nerfed the talent "trial of Light" I was sure was because we would be able to mix 3x Permeating Glow with 3x Promise of Deliverance ..... but nope. That is kinda dirty from Blizz haha
    https://ko.wowhead.com/item=158301/%...erite-powers=5
    https://ko.wowhead.com/item=159236/%...erite-powers=5
    https://ko.wowhead.com/item=157939/%...erite-powers=5

3x permeating 3x promise.

Stacking Promise of Deliverance is most likely not worth it either way unless you have some really poor options since the CD reduction of Serenity doesn't increase. Holy traits are pretty garbage but we can still go for stuff like Swirling Sands and Blightborne Infusion. The raid specific traits aren't too bad either. As long as the traits are decent a higher item level azerite piece will usually be better either way because of the extra intellect.

It's a shame that next tier and Reaping favours Disc so much. I thought they'd do something about it - boost Flash or make talents like SoL and Apo even more potent.

Quote Originally Posted by Voidwielder View Post
    It's a shame that next tier and Reaping favours Disc so much.
    How so ? There will be so much ghost that damage spell other than Holy Nova will probably be miningless. I don't see how disc will be better for this affix.

5+ Year Old Account
    i love playing holy priest, it makes my nuts sweat, it's really challenging which i love and the playstyle.

Quote Originally Posted by Bonkura View Post
    Stacking Promise of Deliverance is most likely not worth it either way unless you have some really poor options since the CD reduction of Serenity doesn't increase. Holy traits are pretty garbage but we can still go for stuff like Swirling Sands and Blightborne Infusion. The raid specific traits aren't too bad either. As long as the traits are decent a higher item level azerite piece will usually be better either way because of the extra intellect.
    Promise is also a solid buff to Flash Heal/Heal with the bonus of not needing to cast it 2x to activate the effect, and since Permeating is the go-to trait for m+ this combo should prove VERY strong.

Quote Originally Posted by Romanticide View Post
    Promise is also a solid buff to Flash Heal/Heal with the bonus of not needing to cast it 2x to activate the effect, and since Permeating is the go-to trait for m+ this combo should prove VERY strong.
    Indeed. The fact of not need to spam on the same target makesit really usefull.

Also the other holy priest azerite talents beside those 2 are kinda trash

Been running a lot of 10-12s this week and I do feel that we could use just a little buff on Prayer of Healing and FH. The spec just doesn't have the umpf I sometimes wish it did. But I'll play it anyway, Disc is just no-go for pugs which is all I do.
    Last edited by Voidwielder; 2019-02-06 at 11:26 AM.

Disc is just no-go for pugs which is all I do.
    This is what drives my decisions currently....With a solid group Disc is preferred and contributes solid DPS, but with the highly variable state of pugs Disc is so stressful and always playing catchup with healthbars.

Quote Originally Posted by Shawry View Post
    This is what drives my decisions currently....With a solid group Disc is preferred and contributes solid DPS, but with the highly variable state of pugs Disc is so stressful and always playing catchup with healthbars.
    yeah, ofc it is. exactly the same as pug raiding with disc. if you have a fixed (guild) raid group, play a known strategy, and know whats coming next in an encounter and how ppl will behave, disc is perfectly fine. but if you have a pug raid and you can not pretend whats happening next, disc sucks.

in short: disc is the least pug-compatible/friendly spec in game, since its a lot depended on preparation and planing ahead.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by siskokid21 View Post

also this.

more or less every spec in the game is playable without bigger problems in the „2/3 lower bracket“. in the „1/3 higher bracket“ favorites and nogoes become clear relatively fast.

so it just depends on how high you are playing, and how much work/challenge/effort you want to put in into a spec, when playing the game at a relative normal/low/standard level. as always, this is based a lot on taste.

I almost feel like we should have a second, massive interactive CD like Apotheosis but which would increase raw output on all spells for a very short amount (reduced by the use of XYZ on ABC conditions).

Hymn takes way too much time, it just doesnt recover fast enough if there's a disaster situation in which 3-4 members go sub 20% for whatever reason. If that happens in a moment when there's a lot of movement or damage is about to ramp up even more, well it's RIP. MWs can recover those moments way, way better.

I almost feel like we should have a second, massive interactive CD like Apotheosis but which would increase raw output on all spells for a very short amount (reduced by the use of XYZ on ABC conditions).

Hymn takes way too much time, it just doesnt recover fast enough if there's a disaster situation in which 3-4 members go sub 20% for whatever reason. If that happens in a moment when there's a lot of movement or damage is about to ramp up even more, well it's RIP. MWs can recover those moments way, way better.
    Uhh Holy are extremely strong in those situations. PoH, Sanctify, Divine Star & CoH coupled with Apotheosis.

Quote Originally Posted by Bonkura View Post
    Uhh Holy are extremely strong in those situations. PoH, Sanctify, Divine Star & CoH coupled with Apotheosis.
    And do you really, in your experience, feel that is enough? Take the first big pack in SoB +10 this week (with the bombers and the dog). Even if someone misses interrupt cycle or the dog is loose, well it's RIP. You can say that pack is not meant to be pulled like that but I've seen it done (was healed through on my alt by an MW).

And do you really, in your experience, feel that is enough? Take the first big pack in SoB +10 this week (with the bombers and the dog). Even if someone misses interrupt cycle or the dog is loose, well it's RIP. You can say that pack is not meant to be pulled like that but I've seen it done (was healed through on my alt by an MW).
    I've honestly never struggled to heal any +10 keys except weeks with Bursting/Grievous where Holy is better than Disc anyway.

Puts the "Super" in Supermod Venara's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Maybe that's just you or your group? Sorry to be so blunt about it, but my group has never struggled with this pack with me as a Holy Priest healer.
    For Moderation Concerns, please contact a Global:
    TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

Been running a lot of 10-12s this week and I do feel that we could use just a little buff on Prayer of Healing and FH. The spec just doesn't have the umpf I sometimes wish it did. But I'll play it anyway, Disc is just no-go for pugs which is all I do.
    Dont waste your time and mana casting Prayer of Healing in mythic+.
    Trail of Light + Surge of Light talents + Flash Heal, Renew, Prayer of Mending + Holy word: Serenity is the way to go in mythic dungeons.

- - - Updated - - -

Why would you use Hymn in mythic+ lmao. Its pointless.

Are you sure you're using the right talents for your holy priest and correct stats? With lots of crits 1 Flash Heal + flash heal procs from talent + trail of light (almost like a Beacon spell from Hpaladin) + Holy word:Serenity combo can top the group faster than channeling Hymn or cast Prayer of Healing. Remember to use Prayer of Mending everytime its off CD and Renew is always on tank.
    Last edited by WhiteUsedSocks; 2019-02-21 at 01:05 AM.
    There is a saying: "don't fix what isn't broken". Blizzard does NOT follow this saying. To them its "if it isn't broken fix it until it is"