Page 1 of 7
... LastLast

Today I tanked my first lfr raid... it was awful

Today, I tanked my first lfr (all the boss) and it was awful. I mainly did it for the transmog. Here is what I saw:

1.People who REFUSE to do mechanics. I said Refuse not are unaware. Then they start vote kicking people out of the raid.

2 people who pull large pack of mobs. We were on the trash before zul and the other tank choose to pull 1/4 of the platform to reach our stairs

3. Healer who went afk during boss fight. 0 healing during the fight...

4. People refusing to go on the 2nd chamber of mother. Telling us we can dps her down in the first one.

5.Blood everywhere on Taloc

6. People refusing to dps the add on vectis.

7. people refusing to soak the puddle on vectis

8. people refusing to follow the strat in order to not have double stacking omega vector.

9. Bloodlust at the start of liquified phase of vectis.

10. people trying to tell us we can down g'hunn without doing the orbs and the the orbs is waste of dps (insane). I got kicked out of this one for trying to bring order to the chaos...

11.Rolling deceit everywhere.

12. The other tank made sure that the boss was facing the raid ...

13. Zul fight was a fear feast.

The best way to describe LFR is by comparing it to an angry mobs with pitchfork and torches burning everything while Screaming : "WE WANT GEAR ! WE DESERVE IT! WE PAID FOR IT!"

Why bother doing the mechanics if the game doesn't punish you for it?

Quote Originally Posted by thestation View Post
    Today, I tanked my first lfr (all the boss) and it was awful. I mainly did it for the transmog. Here is what I saw:
    3. Healer who went afk during boss fight. 0 healing during the fight...
    Its not LFR if at least 10 ppl are not afk

10+ Year Old Account
    I remember tanking botanist in nighthold lfr once to 99stacks because the offtanks got mad that i overagro'd him. Fun times.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Crabs have been removed from the game... because if I see another one I’m just going to totally lose it. *sobbing* I’m sorry, I just can’t right now... I just... OK just give me a minute, I’ll be OK..

8. people refusing to follow the strat in order to not have double stacking omega vector.
    it doesn't double stack in LFR

If you have curve, then it's probably faster and easier to pug normal.

Can't ignore mechanics if there wasn't any to begin with :wesmart:

Quote Originally Posted by thestation View Post
    "
    All your other points are extremely valid (like... wtf on orbs on g'hunn?????) but this actually just makes things crazier in LFR, omega vector does shit for dmg so it's best to just stack everyone (hell, it's how we did it on normal)

LFR is just really sad especially since there's no reason for good players to go in there. It'd be nice if players would learn but for many people in WoW, there's just no willingness to learn and improve. But yeah, don't join LFR unless you absolutely have to for some reason.
    You are everything, I never knew, I always wanted.

Quote Originally Posted by khazlol View Post
    If you have curve, then it's probably faster and easier to pug normal.
    Well, he won't get the LFR transmog while doing normal, that's the sad part. OP did say he mainly did LFR for transmog.

Looking for a working online signature generator .....

Quote Originally Posted by AwkwardSquirtle View Post
    Why bother doing the mechanics if the game doesn't punish you for it?
    Pretty much this. LFR is always an amusing shitshow, cause 90% of the time you can just stomp your way through bosses while completely ignoring 2/3 of the mechanics of the fight. Which is then made even MORE hilarious when you run into that one boss every couple of dungeons with mechanics that can't be ignored, because then 3/4 of the raid usually self destructs because they are simply incapable of actually doing mechanics, period, and the entire raid falls apart.

"we want everyone to experience the end content"

What an experience indeed! Scrap that stupid LFR shit. Normal is even easier. Stick to 3 diffs. I wish I would have the temper to join LFR to get some transmog but I just cant be arsed with the thought of it. Havent join LFR yet in BFA and I have saved so much anger .

If you ask me this is more your fault for coming to an LFR fight with a normal/heroic/mythic mind set. Most of those points are irrelavent in LFR. If you don't like it, don't do i, wait till you can solo it in a couple of xpacs time. This thread is just LFR bashing, as normal. Why can't you just get it into your skull that LFR is never going away, it is by far the most popular form of raiding.

Quote Originally Posted by Hulkovius View Post
    Havent join LFR yet in BFA and I have saved so much anger .
    Wut?? There is so much anger in this post of yours! Haha.

OP: Let me be the devil's advocate and say you are the problem, not the group. :-) They ignore mechanics because there aren't any. You are over-engineering the fights (i.e. no double omega exists), like all HC/mythics raider do when joining the LFR. Basically, you are making it harder for the group by inventing mechanics and force them to follow, practically generating wipes! :-))) So be nice, play nice and just zerg.

High Overlord
    7+ Year Old Account
    I have yet to understand why people even want LFR in the game. "To experience end-game content." (excluding transmogs)

Why though? Do you have absolutely no self-respect, that you are willing to put yourself through that shitfest that is LFR?

Why do you think LFR is fun when you know more or less half of the raid is AFK during trash and bossfights and you still be able to kill it. Really? You see that as an accomplishment? I mean, please do not say "I dont have time to do normal or heroic or mythic." It has been proven that there are plethora of guilds out there that is able to fit your needs. There are a huge majority of casual guilds that raid only normal or normal+heroic. Please do not use the argument "I have a busy life I am not able to commit 2 hours per week to a game."

Are you not looking for that feeling of looking a boss HP when you see it reaches 5% and everyone of your raidteam is alive and you know this is going to be IT. Finally the kill you have been working towards. That little rush that makes you want to play this game.

No

Lol

You choose to go with the LFR-option, that option where you know you are not going to have fun. You are going to experience full-on hate from every direction.

Quote Originally Posted by tclphz View Post
    LFR is just really sad especially since there's no reason for good players to go in there. It'd be nice if players would learn but for many people in WoW, there's just no willingness to learn and improve. But yeah, don't join LFR unless you absolutely have to for some reason.
    There's really no reason for anyone to go in there more than once, unless you play like one hour a month or are history's most unlucky person. Save for transmog, I suppose. Turbo casuals like myself outgear the whole damned thing before it's even unlocked.

It's a huge problem, actually. There's no real casual content in the game anymore that lasts more than a week or so, save for I guess leveling alts.

Unless you're REALLY, REALLY into hoping and praying for warforges and titanforged from world quests, heroics, and LFR. Which I hope to god no one is doing that. That's an easy to drive yourself insane.

As is, LFR is only just barely one iota better than nothing... and basically is nothing. That people try and use it as an example of catering to casuals is laughable. How it's treated right now pretty much ruins the end game for casuals, because casuals don't get an end game. Or, if they do, it's an endgame that's over in about ~10-15 hours. It's not fun. It's boring. It used to be better during MoP. Where there was a lot to work toward, even if the actual LFR experience in and of itself was only so-so half the time. The entire thing has been gutted since WoD, and it wasn't for the sake of casuals.
    Last edited by Otimus; 2018-12-17 at 08:52 AM.

Most of the thing you said have nothing to do to being a tank, and all of them are pretty much the standard in lfr. Nothing new to discuss here. And it's not like ppl need to do most of the mechanics: a couple healers can carry all the healing needed (I often do 40% of the total healing on ungeared alts). And I like it that way: in the rare instances when 6 healers are healing, is a bore fest. Lfr is for trasmog and some extra gear on alts (but warfronts will gear them faster and better), your main doesn't need to do it, so don't do it if you don't like it.

Quote Originally Posted by druenos View Post
    If you ask me this is more your fault for coming to an LFR fight with a normal/heroic/mythic mind set. Most of those points are irrelavent in LFR. If you don't like it, don't do i, wait till you can solo it in a couple of xpacs time. This thread is just LFR bashing, as normal. Why can't you just get it into your skull that LFR is never going away, it is by far the most popular form of raiding.
    Completely false, thanks for playing.

10+ Year Old Account
    You should learn tactics before entering raid. You should pull all the mobs at zul platform, you should stay on first platform on Mother, you should dps boss on Vectis and so on and so on. I suggest you to get few LFR runs as a DPS before attempting to tank it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kerathul View Post
    I have yet to understand why people even want LFR in the game. "To experience end-game content." (excluding transmogs)

Why though? Do you have absolutely no self-respect, that you are willing to put yourself through that shitfest that is LFR?

Why do you think LFR is fun when you know more or less half of the raid is AFK during trash and bossfights and you still be able to kill it. Really? You see that as an accomplishment? I mean, please do not say "I dont have time to do normal or heroic or mythic." It has been proven that there are plethora of guilds out there that is able to fit your needs. There are a huge majority of casual guilds that raid only normal or normal+heroic. Please do not use the argument "I have a busy life I am not able to commit 2 hours per week to a game."

Are you not looking for that feeling of looking a boss HP when you see it reaches 5% and everyone of your raidteam is alive and you know this is going to be IT. Finally the kill you have been working towards. That little rush that makes you want to play this game.

No

Lol

You choose to go with the LFR-option, that option where you know you are not going to have fun. You are going to experience full-on hate from every direction.
    Your entire post (and the majority of this thread) is essentially "I don't like what other people like, why don't people like what I like?"

You can understand the very simple premise that some prefer Chocolate Icecream, and some prefer Vanilla Icecream, or you can continue to post as you have above.