Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    High Overlord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by tenaka30 View Post
    Your entire post (and the majority of this thread) is essentially "I don't like what other people like, why don't people like what I like?"

You can understand the very simple premise that some prefer Chocolate Icecream, and some prefer Vanilla Icecream, or you can continue to post as you have above.
    Well why don't you like what I like?

You don't enjoy a decent challenge? I mean, come on objectively, LFR is easy. You can cruise through that content without anyone actually communicating to one another. You are aware that you still do play an MMO right?

I do not oppose the LFR, the basic feature is good. But the content in LFR is so dumbed down, it is an insult to anyone whom is able to count to 10.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kerathul View Post

You don't enjoy a decent challenge? I mean, come on objectively, LFR is easy. You can cruise through that content without anyone actually communicating to one another. You are aware that you still do play an MMO right?

I do not oppose the LFR, the basic feature is good. But the content in LFR is so dumbed down, it is an insult to anyone whom is able to count to 10.
    I enjoyed the "challenge" of raiding at one time but realistically the repeated return week after week hunting that one drop, having to maintain a schedule of 3 times a week at specific times, ensuring all the groundwork farming for herbs/pots/etc managed to successfully kill any enjoyment of the challenge.

Now, I do LFR to see the content I miss out on because I don't raid. I rarely do LFR more than once, but sometimes might revisit if I enjoyed it. The challenge as you put it, prevents me from experiencing the entertainment I pay for.

I don't begrudge you for preferring norm/hc/mythic, and I understand why people like you prefer that to the tourist event that is LFR. Why can people like yourself not accord me the same decency?

I avoided LFR like the plague. Had no interest in carrying lazy fuckers that exploited it.

High Overlord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by tenaka30 View Post
    I enjoyed the "challenge" of raiding at one time but realistically the repeated return week after week hunting that one drop, having to maintain a schedule of 3 times a week at specific times, ensuring all the groundwork farming for herbs/pots/etc managed to successfully kill any enjoyment of the challenge.

Now, I do LFR to see the content I miss out on because I don't raid. I rarely do LFR more than once, but sometimes might revisit if I enjoyed it. The challenge as you put it, prevents me from experiencing the entertainment I pay for.

I don't begrudge you for preferring norm/hc/mythic, and I understand why people like you prefer that to the tourist event that is LFR. Why can people like yourself not accord me the same decency?
    Well you are false in that you have to maintain 3 times a week at specific times, in the EU there are loads and loads of one day raiding guilds. Because as you said they are not able to comply with a "strict" schedule and thus they maintain an easy to follow raidschedule, you know better than I what your schedule is.

For every jar there is a lid. So for your schedule there is a guild fitting exactly what you need. The only question is, are you willing to search for them on wowprogress?

But naturally, defending a tourist event, as LFR is and probably intended to be, is easier than to find -that- guild you want. There are normal, heroic and mythic guilds that only raid 1 day a week, and they work.

Same as you, I also do not have oceans of time anymore so committing to a hardcore schedule is just not-done for me. I won't be able to maintain my life and wow if I would raid 3 days a week. I found an amazing guild of 2 days a week and I am having a blast. It fills my week perfectly and I have a nice challenge from a game I enjoy for more than a decade.

99% of the LFR i have done have been fine your reaching op or done it on a sunday or monday.

i remember farming LFR in legion for the purple paladin set t6 recolor

sexy set but some of those fights were brutal

i really only go there once to see the story and never step in there again

Quote Originally Posted by Daedius View Post
    I avoided LFR like the plague. Had no interest in carrying lazy fuckers that exploited it.
    Im in your game playing a game mode by pressing a que buttom oh noes expoilt lol!

Quote Originally Posted by Lurker1 View Post
    Im in your game playing a game mode by pressing a que buttom oh noes expoilt lol!
    If you're under the assumption that exploit = cheating then I strongly suggest you brush up on the definition.

Welcome to current WoW.

Deleted
    Well you are false in that you have to maintain 3 times a week at specific times, in the EU there are loads and loads of one day raiding guilds. Because as you said they are not able to comply with a "strict" schedule and thus they maintain an easy to follow raidschedule, you know better than I what your schedule is.

For every jar there is a lid. So for your schedule there is a guild fitting exactly what you need. The only question is, are you willing to search for them on wowprogress?

But naturally, defending a tourist event, as LFR is and probably intended to be, is easier than to find -that- guild you want. There are normal, heroic and mythic guilds that only raid 1 day a week, and they work.

Same as you, I also do not have oceans of time anymore so committing to a hardcore schedule is just not-done for me. I won't be able to maintain my life and wow if I would raid 3 days a week. I found an amazing guild of 2 days a week and I am having a blast. It fills my week perfectly and I have a nice challenge from a game I enjoy for more than a decade.
    I'm false. I genuinely lolled at that. I'm false because my solution is to find a guild that doesn't require 3 days a week.

The last time I raided in a guild was Wrath. I got fed up when the enjoyment output wasn't worth the commitment input (and that is the point I was trying make that you overlooked - 3 days a week is actually irrelevant beyond an example of what I meant). What you are talking about is how I could go about changing the way I raid NOW, not then.

Bottom line, I do not have a "problem" beyond people like your good self thinking I have a "problem" and wanting to fix it for me (and every other LFR player).

Realisitcally, those who enjoy LFR do so and rarely get involved in these kinds of debates. Those that do get involved tend to be people LFR is not aimed at and of that involvement it seems to be the majority are ranting/moaning about a feature they have no interest in using.

If you really need to be confused about something, perhaps you could explain why they do that?
    Last edited by mmoc150ef56254; 2018-12-17 at 11:46 AM.

4 seems completely reasonable. You can easily do her in 1 room on LFR, the main thing that usually fucks it up is people who insist on doing the "proper" strat and passing through.
    Most of what you mentioned just sounds like expecting people to properly handle mechanics that don't require it at all.
    Tradushuffle
    <Echoes>
    Laughing Skull-EU

Finally the kill you have been working towards.

"Progression" Raiding is boring tho, As you can go entire raid nights without boss kills and sometimes they might even extend next week so you miss out on all the previous bosses. I would raid for the gear. But thankfully raiding is not needed anymore as you can get the same ilvl from Warfront & World quests

Why is WoW LFR so different from FFXIV? You do almost all your raiding in FFXIV through group finder. I say almost all because very few guilds actually form big enough groups to que for it themselves, and then there are savage mode raids where you form a group for, manually. Know what? The FFXIV raids are, at worst, people not explaining the fight to some newbies, and they die, but if we wipe, the newbies almost always get it right next time. I don't get it.

WoW has this super elitist mentality that only pro-elite 360 no scope Doritos-munching Mt.Dew-chugging pro-gamers deserve epic loot, and the community plays like dog shit when you throw them together in an LFG tool. Yet FFXIV, a game which is frankly, harder, has so much less fail, and it's just understood that you can get good gear by playing the game, but the mega-ultra savage raid shit belongs to those nut-jobs. No one bitches that some casual is getting end-game loot (currently 390 if not doing savage raids).

So why, why is there both such a difference in loot elitism AND people who forget how to fucking breathe when you put them in a random group??????????

Back in Throne of Thunder, I was in a LFR tanking and the OT refused to taunt durumu. This caused me to die 3 times during the fight. Each time I died, a dps got aggro right after me, so he wasn't even doing anything. Got kicked from that group for "being a bad tank". That is when I realized that it just wasn't worth it to tank LFR.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Dastreus View Post
    So why, why is there both such a difference in loot elitism AND people who forget how to fucking breathe when you put them in a random group??????????
    Its simple really. Because they have 3 other raid modes and that is where the difficulty for the raids are at. So they gave LFR as a casual, easy mode for those who cannot raid. In FFXIV, the raiding content, from what you are saying, is exclusively in a group finder with a harder mode for a group.

So its easy to see how FFXIV and WoW are different. For one, group finder is the only way. For the other, its the easy way.
    Quote Originally Posted by scorpious1109 View Post
    Why the hell would you wait till after you did this to confirm the mortality rate of such action?

@OP most people in LFR don't ignore mechanics because they are bad, it's because they want a challenge. LFR isn't challenging at al, however if you intentionally take damage then it gets challenging.

Why is WoW LFR so different from FFXIV? You do almost all your raiding in FFXIV through group finder. I say almost all because very few guilds actually form big enough groups to que for it themselves, and then there are savage mode raids where you form a group for, manually. Know what? The FFXIV raids are, at worst, people not explaining the fight to some newbies, and they die, but if we wipe, the newbies almost always get it right next time. I don't get it.

WoW has this super elitist mentality that only pro-elite 360 no scope Doritos-munching Mt.Dew-chugging pro-gamers deserve epic loot, and the community plays like dog shit when you throw them together in an LFG tool. Yet FFXIV, a game which is frankly, harder, has so much less fail, and it's just understood that you can get good gear by playing the game, but the mega-ultra savage raid shit belongs to those nut-jobs. No one bitches that some casual is getting end-game loot (currently 390 if not doing savage raids).

Lol.

This is why no one takes the majority of you people seriously, you are beyond clueless.

A game with half a century global cooldown and where apparently DPS meters arent allowed is somehow superior to the only MMO worth raiding in, which despite when its in its worst state in the last 15 years still has around 1000% more people online daily.

Lack of punishment is what made LFR what it is, nothing else.

Since people dont get punished AFKing and getting loot, then Blizzard lowers the difficulty all the time so its manageable with 30% of the raid active.

I still dont understand how some people dont get it.

And i still dont understand how the majority in mmo-champion cant tell the difference between a competent player and the average WoW LFR plebeian.

God how i wish the day that people cant post without their achievements being accessible, so you can tell in 10 seconds whether to even bother with the opinion of someone.

Everyone is an amazing raider on here, in every other game except WoW and if its in WoW they are all playing for Method,and WoW is always the problem.
    Last edited by potis; 2018-12-17 at 12:17 PM.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by thestation View Post
    Today, I tanked my first lfr (all the boss) and it was awful. I mainly did it for the transmog. Here is what I saw:

1.People who REFUSE to do mechanics. I said Refuse not are unaware. Then they start vote kicking people out of the raid.

2 people who pull large pack of mobs. We were on the trash before zul and the other tank choose to pull 1/4 of the platform to reach our stairs

3. Healer who went afk during boss fight. 0 healing during the fight...

4. People refusing to go on the 2nd chamber of mother. Telling us we can dps her down in the first one.

5.Blood everywhere on Taloc

6. People refusing to dps the add on vectis.

7. people refusing to soak the puddle on vectis

8. people refusing to follow the strat in order to not have double stacking omega vector.

9. Bloodlust at the start of liquified phase of vectis.

10. people trying to tell us we can down g'hunn without doing the orbs and the the orbs is waste of dps (insane). I got kicked out of this one for trying to bring order to the chaos...

11.Rolling deceit everywhere.

12. The other tank made sure that the boss was facing the raid ...

13. Zul fight was a fear feast.

The best way to describe LFR is by comparing it to an angry mobs with pitchfork and torches burning everything while Screaming : "WE WANT GEAR ! WE DESERVE IT! WE PAID FOR IT!"
    oh look an anti lfr thread from a new account. a few of your things might be plausible but that is lfr. people go afk, you're actually complaining that a tank pulled trash? and you can definitely kill Mother in the first chamber, if you can do it on heroic you can definitely do it on lfr

i know I am feeding the troll, but you deserve a bit of a slapdown - especially using a new account to rage against lfr when we all know you have another main account on the site that you don't want to use because you're just a troll. you probably didn't even do LFR, you're probably making shit up

I have yet to understand why people even want LFR in the game. "To experience end-game content." (excluding transmogs)

Why though? Do you have absolutely no self-respect, that you are willing to put yourself through that shitfest that is LFR?

Why do you think LFR is fun when you know more or less half of the raid is AFK during trash and bossfights and you still be able to kill it. Really? You see that as an accomplishment? I mean, please do not say "I dont have time to do normal or heroic or mythic." It has been proven that there are plethora of guilds out there that is able to fit your needs. There are a huge majority of casual guilds that raid only normal or normal+heroic. Please do not use the argument "I have a busy life I am not able to commit 2 hours per week to a game."

Are you not looking for that feeling of looking a boss HP when you see it reaches 5% and everyone of your raidteam is alive and you know this is going to be IT. Finally the kill you have been working towards. That little rush that makes you want to play this game.

No

Lol

You choose to go with the LFR-option, that option where you know you are not going to have fun. You are going to experience full-on hate from every direction.
    because majority of people cba to run through hoops to be accepted into any elitest pug who demand 380 itlv for normal uldir.

because lfr is fun for those people .

because some people want to jump in kill 3 bosses and be done for the night

because for a lot of people who dont optimize gearing up process lfr has multiple gear upgrades for weeks.

there is milion of reasons.

just like there is no reason for anyone semi serious to go in there and bitch about its main audience.

- - - Updated - - -

why ? because blizzard neglected casuals for years onl catering to toxic nolifers - ending up with raiding being a toxic wasteland which casuals ignore whenever they can . which is also why lfr is so popular since its beggining

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by thestation View Post
    Today, I tanked my first lfr (all the boss) and it was awful. I mainly did it for the transmog. Here is what I saw:

1.People who REFUSE to do mechanics. I said Refuse not are unaware. Then they start vote kicking people out of the raid.

2 people who pull large pack of mobs. We were on the trash before zul and the other tank choose to pull 1/4 of the platform to reach our stairs

3. Healer who went afk during boss fight. 0 healing during the fight...

4. People refusing to go on the 2nd chamber of mother. Telling us we can dps her down in the first one.

5.Blood everywhere on Taloc

6. People refusing to dps the add on vectis.

7. people refusing to soak the puddle on vectis

8. people refusing to follow the strat in order to not have double stacking omega vector.

9. Bloodlust at the start of liquified phase of vectis.

10. people trying to tell us we can down g'hunn without doing the orbs and the the orbs is waste of dps (insane). I got kicked out of this one for trying to bring order to the chaos...

11.Rolling deceit everywhere.

12. The other tank made sure that the boss was facing the raid ...

13. Zul fight was a fear feast.

The best way to describe LFR is by comparing it to an angry mobs with pitchfork and torches burning everything while Screaming : "WE WANT GEAR ! WE DESERVE IT! WE PAID FOR IT!"
    If you have enough game sense to acknowledge all of these issues, you are not the target audience for LFR. Find a harder difficulty.

Why though? Do you have absolutely no self-respect,
    WTF does self-respect have to do with anything? Its a video game many people play it differently. Lots want to avoid the BS that comes with pugging/guild raids, Lots of others just don't have the time for it.

Believe it or not and here comes the shocker......... Many people enjoy different things then you.

Not all LFR's are the way OP just posted them but like all "bad news" its what you hear about the most.

ou choose to go with the LFR-option, that option where you know you are not going to have fun.
    You may not have fun in LFR but I did and so do many others. Don't pass your opinion off as a fact.

- - - Updated - - -

This can't be a serious question......

People are different then you, Tomorrow you will learn the sun is hot.

More News at 11.
    Last edited by Jtbrig7390; 2018-12-17 at 12:37 PM.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD