Page 1 of 7
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

How big is your SSD?

Thinking of getting a SSD dedicated to just games, either 1 or 2TB. Anybody here do the same thing? How does your SSD capacity work out for you?

10+ Year Old Account
    I have a 256 gb with windows and I install wow on it when i play. I also have a 500gb one with some games on it. I think 1 TB is the minimum these days considering how big games are getting.

Damn, I came here to answer "how big is your SSD?" and answer something along the line; it's about the size of a table.
    On topic, I have no idea tbh, think it's maybe 256gb. My computer is used for World of Warcraft and nothing else so it works out just fine for me.

I've got a 256GB and a 512GB one. The universal law for storage is that it's never enough.

I have a 256 in my laptop. It is enough for me since I only play wow and maybe 1-2 other games that I have installed at one time.

500GB and it always feels like 50GB lol

ive got 2 1tb ones - 970 and 860

512 gb nvme and a 1 tb ssd

2x 256gb ssd`s for OS and random crap, and 500gb of m.2 storage for games that i use frequently, and a 1tb HDD for crap

128gb for windows and small applications
    2x500gb for games and storage.

10+ Year Old Account
    Hmm, maybe I will get a 1tb one and see how it works out.

Quote Originally Posted by Clone View Post
    Anybody here do the same thing?
    Yes but I find SSD more of a luxury than a necessity, HDD worked just find for me in terms of loading times. If you spend most of your time on PC then I don't see any reason of not getting one.

10+ Year Old Account
    1x120GB for OS and some programs, 1x750GB for games and some other programs.

I'll be replacing the 120GB with an NVME drive soonish. As already mentioned, storage space is never enough. Games these days are also very large, I have like 60GB left on the game drive and have to uninstall something when I want to install something else.

15+ Year Old Account
    One is 500gb and other 250gb. Way too small FeelsBadMan Have to still use HDDs as well for anything else than games and heavier programs.

My gold making blog
    Your journey towards the gold cap!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tic Tacs View Post
    Yes but I find SSD more of a luxury than a necessity, HDD worked just find for me in terms of loading times. If you spend most of your time on PC then I don't see any reason of not getting one.
    Yeah I ran with HDD for a while, but the one I use is starting to die and files are getting corrupted left and right. So if I am gonna get a new storage might as well get SSD.

Main: 500gb, 2tb
    Server:500gb, 1tb
    Laptop: 500gb
    External : 500GB

Challenge Mode : Play WoW like my disability has me play:
    You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.
    Now see how far Brian and John get in WoW.

First one (where I install all games and programs): 232gig
    Second one: 243gig

These sizes have served me well for quite some time now, but I'm just about to receive a much needed upgrade of my computer so I'm getting bigger SSDs. I'll be having x2 SSDs at 500gigabyte each, + the trusty old HDD for storage of pictures etc, that one is 221gig.

7+ Year Old Account
    Got a 970 EVO NVME at 500gb for Windows and certain softwares on it, got 2 x 1TB 860 EVO's, one for games and one for recordings, music, video editing and such, got 500 GB Kingston SSD gathering dust, and a 1TB SSHD for downloads, more softwares and random stuff.

Edited: My signature does not represent my current set up, some stuff has been added and some switched out.
    Ryzen 3600X | MSI MPG X570 Gaming Edge Wi-fi | 16GB G.Skill FlareX 3200MHz | Sapphire Radeon RX 5700 XT Pulse | EVGA SuperNOVA 750W G3 Gold | NZXT Kraken X62 | 2TB Samsung 860 EVO | 1TB Samsung 860 EVO | 500GB Samsung 970 NVMe M.2 | 3x 27" HP Omen 165Hz 1Ms Latency

10+ Year Old Account
    1tb 970 evo for windows, steam, and WoW when I play. Got a 6tb hdd for overflow

1TB, why isn't this a poll?