Page 13 of 22 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Ungeir View Post
    I have a feeling WoW is mostly expansion sales + 1-2 month subs from the masses + hardcores buying store things. Management may have decided it's simply not worth investing in keeping slightly more of the masses engaged for slightly longer. I think time-gating has been a high-up mandate to extend content life and get a few more subs out of the early leavers, as well stretching the content for core gamers.
    You know what's another thing that really bugs me after I read about in on Reddit?

Separating patch and raid releases have become out of hand. They deliberately do this to make you sub for two months instead of one. When was 8.1 released? Last week. When does the raid get released? Guess what, not within the time frame of somebody who just subscribed again to test 8.1 - two weeks later. So if you've returned for 8.1 and you want to see the raid you have to sub for at least 2 months. That's clever from a marketing standpoint but is such a shoddy business practice.
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ungeir View Post
    I have a feeling WoW is mostly expansion sales + 1-2 month subs from the masses + hardcores buying store things. Management may have decided it's simply not worth investing in keeping slightly more of the masses engaged for slightly longer.
    THATS EXACTLY MY THEORY!

I did the math

https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...er-die-because

Quote Originally Posted by Sylvannah View Post
    What really baffles me is the fact that I was really looking forward to BfA and I loved the first month. For the first time in a very long time, I really liked the questing experience, the look and feel, the flair, the complete package of surroundings, characters and stories.

But after getting to 120 and having seen all zones and quests, I just stopped. No drama, no willful decision, no real emotions at all - I just stopped. Without really noticing it, I stopped playing.

I agree with this, it just has no heart for me. Horde versus Alliance has been done to death and from an emotional investment point-of-view I feel uninterested and disconnected.

10+ Year Old Account
    Apparently somewhere whipping Portuguese prisoners
    Quote Originally Posted by Fiacla View Post
    How do you know that exactly? Do you have hard data to back up your claims?
    Doesn't take data to see the obvious backlash towards Blizzard's recent antics.

Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    I have read several comments and opinions now on different platforms (YouTube, Reddit, here) that for many players BfA already feels like we're in the transitioning phase from an old expansion to the new one - with the only difference that BfA is in its first 4 months and not in its last.

I never, never had this feeling before. Not even in WoD. But right now, even after 8.1 (snooze fest), BfA just feels like it's going to be wrapped up soon and we'll get exciting new stuff - but we don't.

So what's the reason for this?

Bad story?
    Boring gameplay?
    Horrible class design?
    Lame expansion features?
    Terrible RNG?
    Unrewarding reward structure?

What is it?
    blizzard just keeps taking away from the customer its called nerfing and its really annoying because blizzard doesn't foresee consequences for the designing and creativity so they nerf at will.

10+ Year Old Account
    learn to enjoy the game. bfa is literally 10% of the game. each new expansion is always a smaller % of the game. learn to enjoy the game. the game is not very accessible and is not for everyone.

also avoid forums and social media, it can make anyone biased by sheer exposition. it makes you think that some things are relevant (some are, some are not) and it builds up. think for yourself.
    Last edited by Cæli; 2018-12-20 at 03:24 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Thrif View Post
    I'm not gonna go into why it's bad because it's been done to death at this point, but everything boils down to Blizzard not being a company made up by gamers anymore, and it shows in their clueless design of literally everything.
    You don't wanna say why it's bad either because then everyone will just tell you well, that's your own opinion and not everyones and you'd be wasting your time.

I have read several comments and opinions now on different platforms (YouTube, Reddit, here) that for many players BfA already feels like we're in the transitioning phase from an old expansion to the new one - with the only difference that BfA is in its first 4 months and not in its last.

I never, never had this feeling before. Not even in WoD. But right now, even after 8.1 (snooze fest), BfA just feels like it's going to be wrapped up soon and we'll get exciting new stuff - but we don't.

Bad story?
    Boring gameplay?
    Horrible class design?
    Lame expansion features?
    Terrible RNG?

What is it?
    The story is quite decent, but it doesn't last very long, which is pretty normal for WoW to be honest.

I would say that Warfronts and Island expeditions (which are the main expansion features) are not good as repeatable content. They're fine once or twice but they grow stale fast.

In terms of rewards, I think they are actually too high. World quest daily caches and mythic+ weekly caches give a lot of guaranteed loot. So much that after two or three months you're basically done gearing, but this tier is 5 months long. At this rate of loot acquisition raid tiers would need to be released faster, so that the ilvl goes up again.

I'm still progressing on mythic Uldir, so that part of the game is still entertaining to me. But I'm not logging in for anything else.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by xStevooo View Post
    Well someone has to enjoy the half-assed game they put out, glad you enjoy it
    After the never ending grinds of hell from Legion, this is a relaxing relief, and an awesome such!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Archmage Alodi View Post
    Classes are not fun, gear rewards are not exciting, other rewards are RNG. Ion trying to justify their shit in every Q&A doesn't help either, i don't trust the devs to make anything fun and exciting anymore.

- - - Updated - - -

Some people really low standards.
    It's so little to grind now compared to Legion and that is a blessing.
    • Diablo Immortal is the most misunderstood and underrated game of all time!
    • Blizzard, please, give us some end-game focused Classic servers, where you start at max level!
    • Serious Completionist: 100% OW Achievements, 100% D3 Achievements, 90% Immortal Achievements, 99% ATT Classic, ~90% ATT Retail

Quote Originally Posted by Battlebeard View Post
    Was there really a grind in Legion besides reputations? Legion artifacts would just naturally progress by doing things because of the catch-up mechanic, so you never had to grind it to become stronger. Legendaries were totally random until the legendary vendors, and grinding for those was a personal choice.

What?

With all the rng and the whole Azerite gear it's much harder to get your preferred Azerite gear setup than your favorite Legendary in Legion. A need to farm weapons/equip that can warforge/titanforge/socketforge doesn't make it any better.
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

The Lightbringer Archmage Alodi's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    After the never ending grinds of hell from Legion, this is a relaxing relief, and an awesome such!

- - - Updated - - -

I rather be doing a tedious grind for something cool and interesting rather than doing any kind of grind for something as bland as heart of azeroth.
    THE HORDE WILL ENDURE
    THE HORDE IS STRONG!

i have no idea because i am not playing

i learned a few expacs ago that playing when the expac first comes out isnt worth it

it isnt really playable until the current .2 patch

Deleted
    Has it gone free to play yet??

Deleted

Bad story?
    Boring gameplay?
    Horrible class design?
    Lame expansion features?
    Terrible RNG?

What is it?
    I think because it feels like a cheap money grab, it's basically just a bad copy of Legion and the new things like warfronts and isle expeditions are not exciting at all. Also the over use of RNG makes it feel like it's just not worth the effort to progress.

Quote Originally Posted by Biggles Worth View Post
    You don't wanna say why it's bad either because then everyone will just tell you well, that's your own opinion and not everyones and you'd be wasting your time.
    No, I don't want to get into it because it's already been done to death by literally every famous content creator in the game. Must be quite a big rock you've lived under since the launch of BFA if that was what you got out of my post.

Most of all, Story suck ass, please someone get rid of Nathanos and cut is fucking head off, and I though Khadgar was lame, I would take 10 years with Khadgar instead of banshee prince

Feature are a joke, Island expidition I did some at begening, waste of time boring AF, Warfront are chaotic and boring with shitty reward and Table mission lol lol no comment. Just to name a few

Unrewarding reward structure, of course yes, I mean why would I do WQ for shitty ilvl 325 or 50 ressources an the end of the world ?

I'm Horde and I hate Zandalar, I highly prefer Kul turas

5+ Year Old Account
    We're all in Purgatory and slowly descending into Hell. But at least I have a cute blue flying fox!!

10+ Year Old Account
    Speaking for myself only, I don't feel this way, so I don't know why you feel this way. I'm playing in a new way to me, though, which is focusing on WPvP content for the first time ever, so it still feels kind of exciting to me, and I also have new goals I haven't had before and can see tangible proof that I'm approaching them, so that's also good.

To each his own I guess? Sorry it hasn't been your cup of tea, but I hope you find what you're looking for in the next patch.

10+ Year Old Account
    What?

With all the rng and the whole Azerite gear it's much harder to get your preferred Azerite gear setup than your favorite Legendary in Legion. A need to farm weapons/equip that can warforge/titanforge/socketforge doesn't make it any better.
    Well, I don't raid Mythic, so it's 100% times more chill, as ANY trait work for HC raiding no problem. The difference from BiS Legendaries and BiS Azerite is also huge, even if I was raiding mythic. Legendaries mattered so much more. And I farmed the Legendaries for collective purposes, had my BiS within 5 legendaries, farmed the other 15 just for orange collection and that was a pain. Now, there is nothing to collect thank god.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by PenguinChan View Post
    Was there really a grind in Legion besides reputations? Legion artifacts would just naturally progress by doing things because of the catch-up mechanic, so you never had to grind it to become stronger. Legendaries were totally random until the legendary vendors, and grinding for those was a personal choice.
    - Paragon Mounts, INSANE grind, I never even got 1.
    - Honor level 25 is also INSANE, never got that
    - 10k World Quest achievement, also INSANE
    - Artifact Power was in fact a grind, not for alts, but I played 1 character and always wanted to have top level. Farming hundreds of same M+ dungeon (maw of souls) was not fun.
    - Got all legendaries long before legendary vendor came, and that was a huge grind as well!

Playing only 1 character made most of these even more insane. But if I had played multiple characters, farming legendaries for all would be the most insane of them all. Some people had ALL legendaries for ALL classes (except the trinket from Argus, getting 12 of that, even ONE of that, was almost impossible).

So yeah, worst expansion ever for these grinds.
    • Diablo Immortal is the most misunderstood and underrated game of all time!
    • Blizzard, please, give us some end-game focused Classic servers, where you start at max level!
    • Serious Completionist: 100% OW Achievements, 100% D3 Achievements, 90% Immortal Achievements, 99% ATT Classic, ~90% ATT Retail