Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ...
    "Classic" RIFT was amazing. Great (hard mode) dungeons, very nice class design, great leveling experience and the Rifts were fun. Plus their first raids were excellent.
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

I still have fond memories of the first few months of Rift. I especially remember one dungeon in particular, the "heroic" version's end boss was bugged to be enraged pretty much the whole time, or it was just grossly overtuned idk. We kept at it though and ended up killing her and we all roared in celebration lmao. Good times.

Agreed. Everything until Nightmare Tide was awesome, that expansion was pretty lame. It was upsetting to see how the devs didn't listen to the community despite the fact that we were telling them what they needed to do. You'd think they'd have some sort of analytics to figure out where their game declined and then keep Prime at that point in time. It's a shame because we've got really fond memories playing this game.

Was anyone here on Gelidra shard (EU)?

Well RIP Rift subforum, no Slipmat to keep it alive anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by dope_danny View Post
    Well RIP Rift subforum, no Slipmat to keep it alive anymore.
    And he hasn't even been active on the Rift forums since late April this year.

While the soul system (and any game that has variants of it; see: pretty much most games nowadays that try portraying "tons of choices!") was always meh to me, Rift was the absolute only game to ever come close to capturing what WoW once was to me.

It's sad to have seen it gone so downhill apparently.

Quote Originally Posted by Calfredd View Post
    And he hasn't even been active on the Rift forums since late April this year.
    Gamigo must not have payed as well as Trion

Bloodsail Admiral
    3+ Year Old Account
    Rift stuck around far longer than most mmos that came and went in 6 months, so I'd be curious to know how it did financially in the end overall.

It's big contribution in my mind was taking the spawned group assault points to the next level, which was borrowed and improved upon by other mmos. That said they kind of also borrowed the idea themselves originally from GW. For me the story/lore has to be extremely engaging in an mmo and Rift was never that for me. But it definitely did some things well to run as long as it did.

I still think Rift has one of the best class system in all mmos. It was so much fun putting points in and making hybrid builds. Now almost everything is max one tree and put 15 points in others.

The game was great in its heyday.

Quote Originally Posted by Biglog View Post
    Rift stuck around far longer than most mmos that came and went in 6 months, so I'd be curious to know how it did financially in the end overall.
    It's still going. There is no end yet.

Quote Originally Posted by CerealLord View Post
    I still think Rift has one of the best class system in all mmos. It was so much fun putting points in and making hybrid builds. Now almost everything is max one tree and put 15 points in others.

The game was great in its heyday.
    Agreed. This is pretty much what I enjoyed about the game at the time.

Typically Mages would get shredded by Rogues, but it was possible to beat a well geared Rogue who'd gone deep into the Assassin tree because the soul customisation allowed for specific use cases. I.E you could run a CC spec that let you keep the Assassin at a distance whilst you applied DoT's / cast other damaging abilities.

Our guild pretty much established that Pyro / Warlock meta that was going around whilst everyone was trying to get world first HK. It felt like there was tons of choice.

I'm expecting to see something slightly similar for Ashes of Creation in relation to the class archetypes and skill augments. It should be decent.