So about that new Northrend map

I still haven't gotten a horde character to cap, did this get glossed over or is it kind of a spoiler that the Horde keep in Borean Tundra is a crater now?

What crater? There isn't any real changes in the map, just more detailed.
    Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing

IIRC the horde keep there was situated on some sort of strip mine, denoted by what looks like a crater.

you're mistaking the old map for the new one. the new one shows the horde keep, roads, and vordrassil or w/e it's called.

Quote Originally Posted by Pebrocks The Warlock View Post
    What crater? There isn't any real changes in the map, just more detailed.
    https://media.mmo-champion.com/image...ndUpdated1.jpg Says its updated but this one has the keep https://media.mmo-champion.com/image...axiDetail0.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by dope_danny View Post
    This older map is also "missing" the keep.

I really don't think anything has really changed.
    Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing

Quote Originally Posted by plantation View Post
    you're mistaking the old map for the new one. the new one shows the horde keep, roads, and vordrassil or w/e it's called.
    If thats it then i'm a god damn idiot but 3 maps was making me expect some scenario about 'alliance retaliation' or something

Its not a crater btw. Warsong Hold is built on top of a quarry.

Looks like they just wanted to add text and so removed a bunch of things that would have made things cluttered with the text in place.

So if you're playing spot the difference, and you're in the mood for a bit of speculation....

Check the corners.

Old map has a tuskarr, a ship, dalaran, and a corner with what I think is a compass and a turtle.
    New map still has a tuskarr. But here's where the differences come in. The compass is neither here nor there. Dalaran's abscence kinda makes sense, although I doubt it'll be removed from Northrend when it comes to up to level 80 content.

The big differences though? Where dalaran was, there are now some tentacles. Sure, maps have tentacles in the sea pretty often, but considering where we're going to raid soon, and knowing what we do about upcoming content, tentacles might mean a bit more. The top left and bottom right corners also look distinctly Kul Tiran and Zandalari. Those are not the corners of a map referring to things as they stood in WotLK. They're the corners of a map where some new navies are coming into play.

Northrend might be back on the menu boys.
    Last edited by klogaroth; 2019-01-10 at 12:44 AM.

The 1st is the world map, while the 2nd link is for the flight map. The original world map didn't have the keep, nor is it really important so it makes sense that it isn't there.

Northrend isn't gonna get updated or whatever, at least it won't in a minor patch.