Page 1 of 3
LastLast

I agree with Hasan Piker on Pewdiepie

Pewdiepie forgot to call out the Anti-Semitic channel he popularized, he really doesn't handle Criticism well and Pewdiepie should know how big of an Influencer he is and he already should know more then anyone that he needs to be careful.

Pewdiepie and all the Youtubers seem to want Fame in the entertainment industry, If anybody in MSM did the same thing as Pewdiepie just did would they would be under similar scrutiny if not potentially worse.

Also Pewdiepie has turned into mostly a React Channel now he should know that he should do some research if he doesn't want Criticism from others as this is not the Only time he has made Controversy for something Anti-Semitic.

Last edited by szechuan; 2018-12-19 at 02:39 PM.
    A Fetus is not a person under the 14th amendment.

Christians are Forced Birth Fascists against Human Rights who indoctrinate and groom children. Prove me wrong.

15+ Year Old Account
    He aplogized because he didnt know because he only watched the deathnote video. So what do you wanna talk about?

Quote Originally Posted by Video Games View Post
    He aplogized because he didnt know because he only watched the deathnote video. So what do you wanna talk about?
    Hmm, that apology kinda sucked, tho. But then, he's Swedish. Who's surprised lol
    Users with <20 posts and ignored shitposters are automatically invisible. Find out how to do that here and help clean up MMO-OT!
    PSA: Being a volunteer is no excuse to make a shite job of it.

Pewdiepie is a pretty good example of how far right indoctrination on Youtube works. You click on videos relating to nerd culture - video games, Star Wars, Death Note - and wind up watching some guy who you don't even know is a shitlord. Youtube's algorithm then starts recommending the shit-o-sphere to you, and if you keep going down that rabbit hole you get recommended people who are further and further down the alt right spectrum. Eventually you're getting videos from actual white supremacists and neo-Nazis, covert or otherwise.

Even if you're smart enough to recognise the more overt channels for what they are, you're constantly being exposed to a background radiation of low-level shitlords which subtly skews your perception of the political spectrum. You think you're a "centrist" because you're to the left of out and out Nazis, and then when you talk to people in the real world you're surprised to discover that a lot of what you consider moderate views are actually pretty far to the right.

Basically, anyone who's been a big Youtuber for any length of time is covered in a fine layer of shit, whether they themselves are shitlords or not. Shitlords inveigled their way into the mainstream on platforms like Youtube, pretending to be "trolling for the lulz". The internet's assholey culture and love of outrage and feuding was a perfect petrie dish to grow them.
    Last edited by Mormolyce; 2018-12-18 at 11:47 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Pewdiepie is a pretty good example of how easily people get outraged.
    Anti-War / Anti-CIA / Cynic / Unpopular Opinions

Quote Originally Posted by Video Games View Post
    Your comment is null and void since PDP promoted it as one of his favorite channels.

Quote Originally Posted by johnhoftb View Post
    Your comment is null and void since PDP promoted it as one of his favorite channels.
    and ignorance is never really a excuse.

Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    Pewdiepie is a pretty good example of how far right indoctrination on Youtube works. You click on videos relating to nerd culture - video games, Star Wars, Death Note - and wind up watching some guy who you don't even know is a shitlord. Youtube's algorithm then starts recommending the shit-o-sphere to you, and if you keep going down that rabbit hole you get recommended people who are further and further down the alt right spectrum. Eventually you're getting videos from actual white supremacists and neo-Nazis, covert or otherwise.

Even if you're smart enough to recognise the more overt channels for what they are, you're constantly being exposed to a background radiation of low-level shitlords which subtly skews your perception of the political spectrum. You think you're a "centrist" because you're to the left of out and out Nazis, and then when you talk to people in the real world you're surprised to discover that a lot of what you consider moderate views are actually pretty far to the right.

Basically, anyone who's been a big Youtuber for any length of time is covered in a fine layer of shit, whether they themselves are shitlords or not. Shitlords inveigled their way into the mainstream on platforms like Youtube, pretending to be "trolling for the lulz". The internet's assholey culture and love of outrage and feuding was a perfect petrie dish to grow them.
    And there's also the positive feedback it all has. Slightly reactionary or "problematic" views on certain topics might lead a fanbase into the fasch-o-sphere, which in turn will demand that original Youtuber to validate their increasingly consolidated shitty worldviews, making it a loop of ever growing crap.
    Just take a look at the evolution of H3H3 along with his viewer base. Not that I think H3H3 is reactionary, but they're getting closer.

I think he's just a guy with more responsibility than he's really prepared for or able to deal with, I don't think it's much worse than that.
    I am the lucid dream
    Uulwi ifis halahs gag erh'ongg w'ssh

Deleted
    Funny thing, that. The so-called "anti-semitic channel" he gave a shout out for actually gained more subscribers thanks to all the clickbait morons, such as Mr Piker at YouTube, or some blog rag like Vox making a big deal about it.

Oopsie doopsie? Here, let's let the dude defend himself.

Also, Hasan Piker? Jesus H. Christ. He's the worst human being I've ever seen at TYT, and yes, I do watch them a lot. Hasan only got his job because his uncle Cenk gave it to him. Being pressured by Hasan's parents probably. Or out of pity. He's not a journalist. He has no on-screen charisma of any kind. All the people with a hate boner towards Cenk could use their energy aiming it at that brat Hasan instead.

PS: Subscribe to PewDiePie.

Quote Originally Posted by Dsonsion View Post
    And there's also the positive feedback it all has. Slightly reactionary or "problematic" views on certain topics might lead a fanbase into the fasch-o-sphere, which in turn will demand that original Youtuber to validate their increasingly consolidated shitty worldviews, making it a loop of ever growing crap.
    Just take a look at the evolution of H3H3 along with his viewer base. Not that I think H3H3 is reactionary, but they're getting closer.
    WTF is the fasch-o-sphere? I'd get a swastika tattoo'd on my forehead just to add to the joke.

Try and tell me this picture of Roseanne as Hitler isn't funny.

"The only thing worse would have been if you made the cookies skinny." - Patrice O'Neil
    Last edited by Pipebomb; 2018-12-19 at 01:30 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryme View Post
    I think he's just a guy with more responsibility than he's really prepared for or able to deal with, I don't think it's much worse than that.
    He's just a guy with too much free time and money, trying to 4chan it up on the interwebz (youtube).

@szechuan nobody cares.

The problem with E;R isn't that he makes edgy or racist jokes, it's that they're not funny jokes and at best seem more like gratuitous edge and at worst, someone's ideology leaking into their content.

His jokes around black people are literally just him showing pictures of watermelon and fried chicken or questioning why black actors in dimly lit scenes in movies "are just floating teeth and eyes". Where's the actual joke?

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pipebomb View Post
    @szechuan nobody cares.
    You cared enough to make up 1/5th of the posts in this thread....

Quote Originally Posted by Noxx79 View Post
    You cared enough to make up 1/5th of the posts in this thread....
    I'm easily outraged at outrage.

and I gotta keep responding to the OP's edits.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm easily outraged at outrage.

and I gotta keep responding to the OP's edits.
    Can you feed on your own outrage to get into an eternal outrage circle? Just asking for a friend trying to solve Earths energy problem...

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't 'hate' Pewdiepie, I find him obnoxious at worst, but trouble does seem to follow him wherever he goes lol. The man is a constant fuck up xD
    I love Warcraft, I dislike WoW

Unsubbed since January 2021, now a Warcraft fan from a distance

Quote Originally Posted by Dsonsion View Post
    Yeah, to be honest even outside of the shitlords it's a problem on Youtube, a Youtuber gets criticised for anything and their fans will loyally jump to their defence and explain how they're in the right. Even when they aren't. So they never need to self-examine or consider that maybe they could've handled something better, they can just lean into the nice warm cozy self-reinforcing bubble.

Of course, ideological bubbles where you are never wrong and criticism is always invalid is the natural habitat of the shitlord and their neo-Nazi cousins so inevitably that aspect of the internet attracted them.

- - - Updated - - -

Try and tell me this picture of Roseanne as Hitler isn't funny.
    That picture isn't funny.

I don't mean it's distasteful, just that it's unfunny.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Sydänyö View Post
    Also, Hasan Piker? Jesus H. Christ. He's the worst human being I've ever seen at TYT, and yes, I do watch them a lot.
    Oh is that who that is.

I have no idea, I can't stand TYT, stopped clicking on their videos years ago.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Yeah TYT is going to be a nope for me. I kinda of agree with pewdiepie he probably didnt know that E;R had that much questionable content or was unaware that others might not find it funny (like his death to jews fiverr video), dude really needs a pr person.

The bigger problem is with nerd media imo, its slowly being engulfed in reactionary shit.