Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    Admittedly that's one of my issues as a healer. I see them drop a little and have a stupid urge to heal them up with a heal or two. Took me a while to get over doing that on Shaman because it was hurting my mana.

But ah well guess I'll keep trying. As I said if I don't end up being good at Resto then I can at least play Guardian since I'm quite decent with it. Not the end of the world.
    The last thing I'll say for now is to get used to the style. HoT up people, use things like Efflo and get to know fights so you know when to use the CDs. Incarnation is POWERFUL. When I heal Atal and people are dropping poison all over on the first boss, I'll often pop it, stand in the middle and heal like a mofo. It's needed then so use it. Same for Tranq, esp with the CD reduction from IP. Don't be afraid to use the longer CD abilities, just know that you'll need to have feel for when to pop them.

The worst thing you can do is try to heal like you would with another class. Our kit's pretty different and trying to force it to another model is going to not work.

Quote Originally Posted by clevin View Post
    The last thing I'll say for now is to get used to the style. HoT up people, use things like Efflo and get to know fights so you know when to use the CDs. Incarnation is POWERFUL. When I heal Atal and people are dropping poison all over on the first boss, I'll often pop it, stand in the middle and heal like a mofo. It's needed then so use it. Same for Tranq, esp with the CD reduction from IP. Don't be afraid to use the longer CD abilities, just know that you'll need to have feel for when to pop them.

The worst thing you can do is try to heal like you would with another class. Our kit's pretty different and trying to force it to another model is going to not work.
    Yeah. Definitely not going in with the mindset of Resto Shaman.

I bloody love Inner Peace personally. It's one of my most favourite talents.

Hey

regardless of what people tell you or what you read or see in guides. The most important thing about playing this game is to try out new things and find the way that works FOR YOU and for you only. A lot of things in WoW depend on your mates and on the content you do. For example I get little value from my Efflo in most M+ dungeons thats why I stopped wasting mana on it. It can be a totally different story for you because you might have mates actively trying to stay inside.

Back to topic. From my experience druid scales very well with gear. So as other people mentioned hitting max Level and getting geared should have a massive effect on your performance and the perception of it. I struggled really hard to heal a M+10 in the first week it opened, but now with an extra 30ilvl its quite easy. As for the changes of rDruid in BFA: I get the feeling its more important now to switch talents depending on the encounter you do. Try and actively think about why you pick a certain talent and don't just pick something because everyone says its good (e.g. most people will tell you to pick CW but if you never use it, its a lot worse compared to Abundance).

If you struggle to top the tanks it might not be your fault. Sometimes people pull like crazy because they are used to well geared healers, just tell them you dont feel comfortable yet and that they should slow down. Adding to that problem, some tank classes have been nerfed so people might misjudge what they can handle.

As for the discussion if you should read guides first and then post here: Do what suits you best. BUT and thats a big BUT: You should try and log your encounters and post these logs here. It makes helping you so much easier since everyone capable of understanding logs can exactly point out where you misplayed.

Cheers

Spirit

Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    Hey there. Just picked up Druid again and just wondering how Resto works because I feel like I'm weak.

I'm not saying the class/spec is bad god no haha. I just meant I keep throwing all my Hots down and spamming regrowth and I just feel like it's a bit more tougher to keep people up than it was on my Resto Shaman.

So yeah I'd love any advice/help and would greatly appreciate it.

I mean if it turns out I'm just a bad Resto I can always go Guardian since I was pretty decent with it in Legion.
    I'm the same haha. I really want druid to work but my monk feels 100x stronger to play, must be doing something wrong as druid seems to be generally the best m+ healer

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by RestoSpirit View Post
    Hey

regardless of what people tell you or what you read or see in guides. The most important thing about playing this game is to try out new things and find the way that works FOR YOU and for you only. A lot of things in WoW depend on your mates and on the content you do. For example I get little value from my Efflo in most M+ dungeons thats why I stopped wasting mana on it. It can be a totally different story for you because you might have mates actively trying to stay inside.

Back to topic. From my experience druid scales very well with gear. So as other people mentioned hitting max Level and getting geared should have a massive effect on your performance and the perception of it. I struggled really hard to heal a M+10 in the first week it opened, but now with an extra 30ilvl its quite easy. As for the changes of rDruid in BFA: I get the feeling its more important now to switch talents depending on the encounter you do. Try and actively think about why you pick a certain talent and don't just pick something because everyone says its good (e.g. most people will tell you to pick CW but if you never use it, its a lot worse compared to Abundance).

If you struggle to top the tanks it might not be your fault. Sometimes people pull like crazy because they are used to well geared healers, just tell them you dont feel comfortable yet and that they should slow down. Adding to that problem, some tank classes have been nerfed so people might misjudge what they can handle.

As for the discussion if you should read guides first and then post here: Do what suits you best. BUT and thats a big BUT: You should try and log your encounters and post these logs here. It makes helping you so much easier since everyone capable of understanding logs can exactly point out where you misplayed.

Cheers

Spirit
    Appreciate this thanks!!

Quote Originally Posted by RestoSpirit View Post
    most people will tell you to pick CW but if you never use it, its a lot worse compared to Abundance).
    Stop spreading misinformation.

https://questionablyepic.com/firstrowshowdown/

Quote Originally Posted by Demonpuke View Post
    Stop spreading misinformation.

https://questionablyepic.com/firstrowshowdown/
    Why are you so toxic?

Field Marshal
    7+ Year Old Account
    Is not hard if you see discord or icy veins guides you will see that it is pretty simple

just keep in minf the triats from azerite and the diference in raiding spec and dungeon spec they do have a diference and you will feell it

We are not the greatest healers, we are raid support and in deungeons at higher key you might strugle depending in you gear and tank (again azerite traits)
    I am Raid healer in my guild but only DPS in dungeons (most of the times)

i prefer shamans tbh, much more quality in healing than druid, i hope blizz buffs resto abit more.

Hey OP, not sure if you read this post or not, just wanted to offer a few tips that I found useful.

I only played Mythic Plus so far.
    I used Germination early on this expansion and I realized that it's quite mana expensive, as my haste and mastery rating increased, i switched to Photosinthesis and never looked back, also using abundance since I often have to spam regrowths and with 4-5 rejuvs up its not that expensive to use, along with Photo talent you can be quire versatile and adapt to the situation, heavy aoe dmg or tank dmg.

It's quite true though that Resto shaman after it's recent buffs feels much better, atleast in 5 man dungeons, so i switched my druid to balance.

I'm playing 4 chars at 378-386 ilvl so decided shaman is much easier to play than druid in regards to healing, will see how things evolve.