Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Orby View Post
    As much as I loved the Spectrum ZX, some of those games couldn't even run, just that horrible loading screen noise for hours.

If your ears were not bleeding you'll be having a epileptic seizure from looking at it.
    :P

C64 with tapes with multiple games on them, having to take note of revs for game #2/#3/#4 and then using FF to get to that game
    You think you do, but you don't ©
    Rogues are fine ©
    We're pretty happy with rogues ©
    Haste will fix it ©

Hmmm good question. Come to think of it... the Philips CD-I.
    I don't exactly remember how I got my hands on this abomination. I think I rented the system together with a friend.
    By far the worst "console" I have ever played. Those controls! And that crappy Zelda platform game. WTF was that.

7+ Year Old Account
    N-gage. My brother got one and it hurt to hold it and the buttons were too hard to press down.

I’ll throw in another vote for the Wii. No so much for the console itself but for how many games put needless motion control gimmick crap into the game when it was totally unnecessary

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Video Games View Post
    I doubt more than single digits have played it here.
    *Raises hand* It's not that bad.

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Haytham Kenway View Post
    HAHAHAHA, been keeping track of that, it's freaking hilarious. But do knockoff chinese rom consoles count for the thread?

I'm going to go for the WII U specifically.... for numerous reasons (a lot of the same issues people bring up for the wii, and it was basically a cash grab). They redeemed themselves with the switch though.

Quote Originally Posted by Video Games View Post
    I’ve played it. Never owned it. It seemed super cool at the time lol, so I can’t REALLY say it was a worst for me.

Of the ones I played and owned WiiU by far. Just no games..

Pandaren Monk
    5+ Year Old Account
    I honestly can't think of any bad consoles I've ever played. I've played plenty of bad games over the years, but I can't recall any consoles I've played that were just bad overall.

Although I've only owned mainstream, popular consoles for the most part. I'm sure you can find all kinds of turds if you start looking at the more obscure consoles or knockoff stuff over the years.
    Last edited by avitush; 2018-12-25 at 03:33 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    No one mentioned Virtual Boy?
    Came here to say this lol. It's the only console I have ever regretted buying,
    I've got one and I think it's awful.
    I can not allow this injustice to continue, I will stand up for my beloved red eye visor of blindness! Silly aside, I will always love the Virtual Boy. Got one at launch and own every game for it, including Japanese exclusives. Of the games I have played, none are what I would deem "terrible". There is Virtual Lab, a Japanese exclusive puzzle game that was programed rather poorly, but is still playable and not a nuisance to do so. The only one I ever had reserves about was Water World when I first played it, but years later I found a few rare souls who actually enjoyed it and compared it to Asteroids done at a different perspective, and upon going back and giving the game a shot with that mindset, I really didnt detest it nearly as much and can give it a passable grade.

I feel for those whose eyes could not withstand its amazing glory, because for me the VB offered a really unique experience that was very litteraly "in your face", an enclosed experience that only now with VR headsets is there really a compasion for me, just you and the game. While they may not have been true "virtual reality", the games did have some really unique looks to them and tried neat tricks with multiple layers like Vertical Force, Jack Bros and Wario Land and a true sense of "depth" in something like Red Alarm. Emulators really dont do the look of the games justice and I dont want to sound like I am anti-emulation in saying that, its just the truth. Even a VB without the eye visor is not getting the full experience. Find a good height to set the system on or put a piece of foam over the nose piece and just lay down to play it (one of the few systems I can actually enjoy doing that with since I dont need to hold my hands up like with a handheld). In the end, the Virtual Boy isnt really a home console or a hand held, its in the same category as the equally great Vectrex, a unique game machine with unique graphics.

We want awful? To me that has to be a system with no redeeming quality, as in not a single enjoyable game. Now I havent played every one, so this may be a baseless claim in that regard, but the Mattel Hyperscan is a special kind of horrible. Then again maybe I can get some sick thrills out of forcing someone else to play it with me.

Hmmm good question. Come to think of it... the Philips CD-I.
    I have a fondness for the CD-i platform as well, but I only have one white-knighting obscure-system rant in me right now.

10+ Year Old Account
    Does the Philips CD-i or Action Max count as a console?

Action Max has a place in my heart, but I think their actual shipped units was like 14.
    Gaming: Dual Intel Pentium III Coppermine @ 1400mhz + Blue Orb | Asus CUV266-D | GeForce 2 Ti + ZF700-Cu | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 | Whistler Build 2267
    Media: Dual Intel Drake Xeon @ 600mhz | Intel Marlinspike MS440GX | Matrox G440 | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 @ 166mhz | Windows 2000 Pro

IT'S ALWAYS BEEN WANKERSHIM | Did you mean: Fhqwhgads
    "Three days on a tree. Hardly enough time for a prelude. When it came to visiting agony, the Romans were hobbyists." -Mab

10+ Year Old Account
    Dick Smiths Wizard
    I'm gonna let 'em know that Dolemite is back on the scene! I'm gonna let 'em know that Dolemite is my name, and fuckin' up motherfuckers is my game!

10+ Year Old Account
    3D0.. I remember getting that and while I loved it , it meant I couldn't get the jaguar (apparently a good thing) or n64 when it was released so I had to play that at my cousins or friends. Shit was so expensive back then. 3D0 barely had any games too .. I can't even remember what I had. But it was CD rom!

Xbox 360
    I got it at launch because the og Xbox was fantastic. Xbox 360 was not. Got 4 RRODs within the first year, but Ms was good about contacting them and refurbs. Finally the reason why I love Xbox was about to release, Forza 2. The Sunday before the Tuesday release, 4th RRoD... Got it replaced, missed the first week of Forza. Played maybe for another month, RRoD again... Call up Ms, Xbox is out of warranty... I told them it wasn't, I just had it replaced a month ago. Apparently they don't warranty their work from factory. Cool, bought ps3 the same day, still have it. It's an og 4 USB ps3. I have original systems going back to the first nes i was given when I was 4, would find systems at yard sales and they would still work. I would repair systems, my repairs still work.
    Xbox 360
    - massive RRoD issues
    -shitty interface
    -Multiple issues outside of shit soldering, like drives sticking
    -outside of Forza, x360 took a huge hit for quality games, Halo was bad, gears of War was bad, they brought over jrpgs that were largely forgettable, Sony had their number this gen. The only reason to own a x360 was yearly sports game or cod ports.
    -console construction that was cheap and done in a way that made fixing these things overly time consuming...

People in here are naming other consoles such as Atari 64 or Phillips CD-I. And granted at the time, those consoles weren't the best, usually it was a cost issue, if I remember correctly, at release of Jag 64, it would convert to $700-800 today, and Phillips was more, clocking in around $1500.

But those systems are cool today, they are rare but they are also interesting to play and have decent games. There is nothing cool about X360, tons were made and sold, of those its really a crap shoot over the quality of the system due to the numerous revisions, and the games are just forgettable; there isn't a reason to own it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by McFuu View Post
    Got 4 RRODs within the first year, but Ms was good about contacting them and refurbs..
    I made a small business for myself for a year or so repairing RROD units. Buying them for ~$20-30 a pop and reflowing them with a new heatsink and reselling for ~$80-100. Doing those 2-3 times a day made a decent chunk of cash on the side.
    Gaming: Dual Intel Pentium III Coppermine @ 1400mhz + Blue Orb | Asus CUV266-D | GeForce 2 Ti + ZF700-Cu | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 | Whistler Build 2267
    Media: Dual Intel Drake Xeon @ 600mhz | Intel Marlinspike MS440GX | Matrox G440 | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 @ 166mhz | Windows 2000 Pro

IT'S ALWAYS BEEN WANKERSHIM | Did you mean: Fhqwhgads
    "Three days on a tree. Hardly enough time for a prelude. When it came to visiting agony, the Romans were hobbyists." -Mab

For me, unfortunately it was the Nintendo Wii. I just couldn't get myself to enjoy the motion controls and the lower graphics (as compared to my ps3). Only game I enjoyed on it was super mario galaxy

Dreamcast or virtual boy for me. lol
    The hunter hoe with the least beloe.

Quote Originally Posted by Muajin76 View Post
    Dreamcast or virtual boy for me. lol
    You're nuts man, the Dreamcast was absolutely amazing in addition to being way ahead of its time.
    success comes in the form of technical solutions to problems, not appeals to our emotional side

10+ Year Old Account
    This here: