Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Can you explain the reasoning here?

I joined an Island Expedition to have some distraction farming azerite. I was doing my thing when the other two went off after the Alliance or whatever. 2 minutes later they vote-kick me. I get slapped with a 30 minute lockout and they get to go on finishing the IE unabashed.

How is that 30 minute lockout warranted? I didn't abandon anything. I was playing the game...

Quote Originally Posted by JacobusRex View Post
    I joined an Island Expedition to have some distraction farming azerite. I was doing my thing when the other two went off after the Alliance or whatever. 2 minutes later they vote-kick me. I get slapped with a 30 minute lockout and they get to go on finishing the IE unabashed.

How is that 30 minute lockout warranted? I didn't abandon anything. I was playing the game...
    One question!

Did you join a PVP-island expedition?

IF you did: Yes.. it was warranted.

IF you didnt: No.. it was not warranted. You probably teamed with 2 people in a group that didnt like you doing other things than what they were doing.

/thread

Deleted
    Working as intended.

The votekicking system is a majority vote in dungeons and IE. 2 out of 3 members is the majority.

Quote Originally Posted by Appelgren View Post
    One question!

Did you join a PVP-island expedition?

IF you did: Yes.. it was warranted.

IF you didnt: No.. it was not warranted. You probably teamed with 2 people in a group that didnt like you doing other things than what they were doing.

/thread
    Think you need an actual premade group to que for pvp islands? Not sure since I haven’t and won’t but I’m pretty sure that’s the requirement.

Either way, I’ve never been votekicked from an island but hearing about it certainly sucks. I’ve been in plenty where I do my own shit and the other 2 do their shit and we finish really fast but even when we were close to losing I’ve never been kicked so it surprises me to hear about it honestly. Annoying that people do this shit.

Deleted
    I have done a lot of islands and there is one unspoken rule - you move together as a group. If I see someone playing solo during Island, I throw a vote, simple as that.

Islands are a boring chore and as such you want to do it as efficient as you can. And the most efficient way is for all three players to move together. It doesn't even have to be the best route, three people will pretty much stomp over everything anyway. But when one person goes to Narnia all of a sudden it becomes harder and slower. And people don't want to be in island more than necessary. Solo player gets a boot, new player comes in next second and all is well.

In your scenario you said you had two minutes before they kicked you. For two minutes you were unable to finish up whatever you pulled and get back to your group. In my book that kick was well deserved

Thats pretty normal for the current wow community. Just play with your friends and try to avoid randoms at all cost.

Blizz didn't think the player base would abuse this system. Blizz is like a bad episode of Benny Hill. If there is such a thing.

Hmmmm...
    Premade sucks. Plebs can abuse the system.
    I have been waiting TBC longer than I imagined

I have a similar experience from heroic expedition. I pulled a truckload of mobs to kill them fast (because heroic and I do it all the time). Two of my teammates wrote on the chat "stop pulling the entire instance" and a minute later I was vote-kicked. 30 minute ban. I tried to talk to one of them, but he was just a toxic mf. Vote kick can be abused if a party of 2 ppl join with you or if they are otherwise idiots.

Vote-kick should be removed from any lfg feature in the game imo.
    Elitist are abusing it, noobs are abusing it, everyone are abusing it. And the deserter debuff is just baffling. Does blizzard even know its there? I doubt it.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnmatrix View Post
    but he was just a toxic mf.
    Never whisper people that kicked you, it'll always turn out poorly lol.
    My Collection
    - Bring back my damn zoom distance/MoP Portals - I read OP minimum, 1st page maximum-make wow alt friendly again -Please post constructively(topkek) -Kill myself

10+ Year Old Account
    Were you badly geared? Perhaps you didn't kill stuff fast enough, i.e bad efficiency.

Me, and probably others, aren't doing IE's to boost people when doing random IE's. Pull your weight.
    Hi

I'm talking about the 30 minute lockout folks. I don't care if asshats like Asrialol here kick me, I just don't get why I"m slapped with a 30 minute lockout because of a blanket reason. What if I didn't do anything wrong? What if they're just being asshats?

And as for you Asrialol, pull your own weight, Im just there to have fun.

im gonna ask this

why didnt you join one of dozens premades going 24/7 in group finder.

to avoid situation like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Aphrel View Post
    Vote-kick should be removed from any lfg feature in the game imo.
    Elitist are abusing it, noobs are abusing it, everyone are abusing it. And the deserter debuff is just baffling. Does blizzard even know its there? I doubt it.
    And how are you supposed to deal with idiots, trolls, afkers, and the like?

Funny thing how some people can run islands or random dungeons every single day for hours, and neve get kicked in 10 years, while others...others get kicked rather often. Must be random.
    If the future is female...get ready for apocalypse.

Quote Originally Posted by Pennywise37 View Post
    I have done a lot of islands and there is one unspoken rule - you move together as a group. If I see someone playing solo during Island, I throw a vote, simple as that.

Islands are a boring chore and as such you want to do it as efficient as you can. And the most efficient way is for all three players to move together. It doesn't even have to be the best route, three people will pretty much stomp over everything anyway. But when one person goes to Narnia all of a sudden it becomes harder and slower. And people don't want to be in island more than necessary. Solo player gets a boot, new player comes in next second and all is well.

In your scenario you said you had two minutes before they kicked you. For two minutes you were unable to finish up whatever you pulled and get back to your group. In my book that kick was well deserved
    That's just not true. If you can solo rares it's better if you split. Going together is a waste of dps & time.

The ones who want to go together are shitty useless undergeared alts who want to get boosted, beware of those. They will kick you if you are not there to hold their hands and kill the shit they have pulled

10+ Year Old Account
    Uncommon Premium

I've had it happen once.. a pair of Ragnaros pieces of trash that weren't even doing half the work I was doing.. We were almost done.. Nothing in chat at all just a straight 100% bullshit Boot. @Blizzard you guys fail hard on the island exp kick system, and you should of never let that system stay - I hear this constantly in trade chat, and when the community abuses something and people lose out of 30 minutes of time - it's shit like this that pisses me off

The 30 min lockout is definitely silly as you did not choose to leave and if two people queue together they can just grief kick people to give them deserter without anything the person can do. Haven't had it happen to me personally and I doubt it's something that happens very often but there really is no reason to have the lockout happen.

10+ Year Old Account

This, really. They have no idea if you're contributing or AFKing or doing just enough to get by.

It's both funny and frustrating to me because when I started doing IE for the first time solo me and this other random PUG were following this warrior at the start and he went "Spread out." When we kept killing next to him he went:
    "Spread"
    "the"
    "f***"
    "out"
    Ever since then I've actually been more anxious to follow people around lol.