Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    I agree, the deserter debuff should only be if you quit a group YOURSELF not if kicked.

But there is also another situation where you joined a bugged instance and get a 30 minutes debuff for leaving.. that one is annoying as hell. Happened to be in warfronts.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    I move with the group.. unless they seem to be screwing around. Then I'll go off and do my own thing.
    I'm a crazy taco.

Quote Originally Posted by Spotnick View Post
    I agree, the deserter debuff should only be if you quit a group YOURSELF not if kicked.
    All this would do is to incentivize people to "get themselves kicked" - either by just going AFK or by massively insulting and abusing other players or whatever. You'd essentially tell people that all they need to do in order to freely join another group is to be as much of an asshole as possible.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's best to play with the group, unless they aren't doing anything useful. Saying something in chat is also useful if you are going to go off on your own. They probably assumed you were just a bot or noob not being useful.

Quote Originally Posted by Aphrel View Post
    Vote-kick should be removed from any lfg feature in the game imo.
    Elitist are abusing it, noobs are abusing it, everyone are abusing it. And the deserter debuff is just baffling. Does blizzard even know its there? I doubt it.
    it was implemented in the first place because of AKF griefing. the 30 minute timeout is a bit rough these days though. maybe half that.

I wish we still had to find groups in chat on our own servers. The social aspect of WoW is nearly dead. The social part about WoW is the only thing that kept the game fresh, interesting, and created a desire to be there. Sharding and LF whatever tools ruined that completely.

Quote Originally Posted by Pennywise37 View Post
    I have done a lot of islands and there is one unspoken rule - you move together as a group. If I see someone playing solo during Island, I throw a vote, simple as that.
    Congrats, you're part of the problem. Stop doing that.

Islands are easily soloable, so having one person go off on their own isn't going to slow down your progress. If anything, splitting off will speed things up, not slow them down.

I just don't understand why anyone would kick someone who is playing the game and helping you. -_-

It's the cool new thing, 2 friends group and kick the 3rd. That said, I usually only queue heroic and have never had a problem, most people doing that stick to easy normal.

10+ Year Old Account
    I see a thread about vote kicking abuse every day here on MMOC and WoW Reddit. It baffles me because the only three or four times I've seen a vote kick done in the past 4 years I've played WoW (for at least 20 hours a week) have all been genuine AFKers.

Is this just something that's a way bigger problem on US servers? I'm just making an assumption here, because myself and other European players I know have never felt there's a problem with vote kick abuse.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Pennywise37 View Post
    I have done a lot of islands and there is one unspoken rule - you move together as a group. If I see someone playing solo during Island, I throw a vote, simple as that.
    Then you're ignorant. You can get islands done quicker in some cases by splitting up; especially if a player has any of those rabbit charms from the dubloon vendor. Three people able to run different directions and loot azerite without aggroing trash is pretty useful. Splitting up also allows more ground to be covered. A lot of stuff can be soloed easily enough, even on mythic, and the quests and chests can be solo looted.

It's not an unspoken rule whatsoever. You just made that up. Throwing votes blithely when you don't know why someone is heading off on their own makes you look like a clown. At the very least if it's bothering you, have the common sense to ask them why they're striking off on their own. If they turn around and give you a solid reason then why would you kick them? This whole 'conform or GTFO' attitude people like you perpetuate is quite toxic, really.
    Last edited by Will; 2018-12-31 at 09:22 PM.

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    I was doing an island once with randoms, 1 guy was telling the other to do something (probably was afk or something) vote kick went up, I declined to give him a chance and then I got vote kicked xD