Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Gallywix is the best Horde leader in bfa

Fight me IRL.

JK. But really, the only redeeming quality about Horde lore this expansion is Gallywix.

I know not many like Talanji, but I think she's a close second.

10+ Year Old Account
    He's an asshole. But the shade he throws at Nathanos is just too good.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tya View Post
    As a warlock, allow me to be the first to say that I get tremendous amounts of joy from watching fear pathing take you to Africa.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drayarr View Post
    Twinking is like going back to school when you are 30, just to be smarter than the other kids.

The Horde must have truly fallen low these days if their best character is a fat goblin who treated his own people like slaves.
    The Void. A force of infinite hunger. Its whispers have broken the will of dragons... and lured even the titans' own children into madness. Sages and scholars fear the Void. But we understand a truth they do not. That the Void is a power to be harnessed... to be bent by a will strong enough to command it. The Void has shaped us... changed us. But you will become its master. Wield the shadows as a weapon to save our world... and defend the Alliance!

Objectively true. Praise be to Gallywix.
    Dickmann's Law: As a discussion on the Lore forums becomes longer, the probability of the topic derailing to become about Sylvanas approaches 1.

Tinkers will be the next Class confirmed.

Herald of the Titans Amaterasu65's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Alleria Windrunner View Post
    The Horde must have truly fallen low these days if their best character is a fat goblin who treated his own people like slaves.
    Deeper than N'zoth's prison I'd say.

He's the most amusing, sure.

Gallywix honestly is the best Horde character ever made. He'd be the best Warchief and he'd be tough on the Alliance. He'd make the Horde great again!

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    Sadly that only shows how bad are all other horde leaders.

He's certainly the most entertaining.

He let me ride his giant gilded mech suit. Gallywix for warchief 2020.

Quote Originally Posted by Alleria Windrunner View Post
    He doesnt treat them like slaves. Thats just the goblin culture. He is just not that attached to them. He does look for the betterment of the race and latter, the faction. Tech development. Economic stability. My dark lady doesnt even consider any of that, just prolonging the livelihood of herself and, latter, the faction.
    AMD Build: | CPU: FX-9590 OEM 8-Core(4.7 GHz) Black Edition | GPU: STRIX R9 380 2GB(x1) | Ram: 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR3-1600 Memory
    Main: Samsung 850 500GB | BU: WDC Caviar Blue 2TB(x2) | Power: Corsair CX500 | Mobo: Sabertooth 990FX R2.0 [Old faithful!]

Now my living room center piece and open case HTPC.

I love his digs at Nathanos in particular, and him rejecting his own attempt at growing as a character. He's entertaining if nothing else.

It still remains a bit baffling how the flattest, most predictable character in the Horde is the most well written one. Kind of tells you all you need to know about everyone else.

Pretty much, and that's really telling if you ask me.

He had some of the best lines in this expac. And his whole beef with Mekatorque was pretty fun to watch.

Gallywix is funny enough the only tolerable character on the Horde side these days. He's an asshole, but he's got some great bants to distract from it.

Meanwhile Lorthemar is just kind of there, Baine is just complaining a lot and not doing anything important, Saurfang is gone, Thalyssra character has been completely shafted, Mayla exists probably, GirlThrall hasn't done a single thing and Talanji seems completely adverse to character growth and becoming interesting.

Real shame the state of the Horde right now.

10+ Year Old Account
    Gallywix portrayed as a comical character. Actually that's a sad part of WoW. Goblins were always portrayed as a comical characters instead of developing a deep touching story.

After doing the War Campaign quest in Drustvar I'm inclined to agree.

He's the only character (who is in the focus right now, anyway) I actually kinda like. At least he's honest about who and what he is.

Quote Originally Posted by Wallmaker Yahzarah View Post
    He doesnt treat them like slaves. Thats just the goblin culture. He is just not that attached to them. He does look for the betterment of the race and latter, the faction. Tech development. Economic stability. My dark lady doesnt even consider any of that, just prolonging the livelihood of herself and, latter, the faction.
    He quite literally sells the goblins as slaves in the starting zone! lol

Quote Originally Posted by Archibalde View Post
    Like any decent Goblin should!

Quote Originally Posted by Archibalde View Post
    Yep, he does.
    And that’s what goblins are about. That’s why he is in charge and why he has a palace, giant zeppelin fortress and workers that can make an entire zone to look like a Horde sigil. That’s just what they do.
    I loved his short story, because it depicts him as a not-so-uniquely asshole goblin, he’s just the one who’s enough of a smart asshole to make it to the top.