Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Uncle View Post
    Trans boys: mental ill girls who are biological girls, they can have periods because they are females.
    This is what transphobic hate speech looks like, folks. Right there in black and white. Labelling the transgendered as "mentally ill", which they are not, and doing so solely out of hatred and intolerance.

7+ Year Old Account
    Currently 47°, -122° ... Originally 53°, -9°
    Quote Originally Posted by schwank05 View Post
    Yeah no The ass is a one way street, I have no interest in licking or having Anal sex. Just as I want no part in Sex during menstruation.
    Right. And I get the logic of why someone wouldn't be interested in anal sex or play. But what's the issue with a period and sex. It's just blood. Can you just not stand the sight of blood?

Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    If Davies had two neurons to knock together in his own head, he'd know that education is how you remove that confusion, and replace it with understanding.
    It's David Davies the MP who went to negotiate with Brussels over Brexit unprepared with no notes or anything while the EU side had files after files of notes. He then backed up his view with "Who is better prepared the guy relying on notes or the guy with everything in their head?"

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by The Stormbringer View Post
    This. I find it pretty sad that people are freaking out over transgender people like this. Like... yeah, they exist. Their biological sex doesn't match their social gender. Get the fuck over it and stop making such a big deal out of it. Have the reason these people think it's being shoved down their throats is because they throw such a big hissy-fit over it. If they just shrugged and moved on, it wouldn't nearly be as much of an 'issue' as they think it is.
    You used a specific sub-group of Transgenders to ground your argument on. There's still a difference between not identifying with traditional gender roles assigned to your sex, and being one sex but feeling like another.

In regards to the one you used, then if it's a social thing, then it's conceptual, hence up its merits open for debate.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Craaazyyy View Post
    whats important here is that you feel too masculine as a man you should probably seek help
    I'm not sure what you're saying.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Underverse View Post
    The thread title is misleading, yeah. But the content of the article is still debatable. Kids should not be taught that 'trans boys can have periods'. Kids should be taught that 'individuals with vaginas will have periods'. This should not be a trans rights issue.
    That's basically what's happening. They're just focusing on the biology and separating that from gender expression, so you aren't teaching people that "girls have periods and boys do not", when that's objectively, factually incorrect.

Pretty weird way to "tackle menstruation stigma" (not sure what stigma but OK).
    The topic and the teaching of it really ends at "if you have a uterus and a vagina, you menstruate". You can identify as whatever you fancy at any given moment, but you will still menstruate.
    The end of discussion.

I'm not sure what you're saying.
    i meant to type feminine instead

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i think it's just being humans, and that even though some things are more attractive to the opposite gender(more feminine or masculine things), that neither gender is locked into one type of thing.

making up some non-existent third gender for it is retarded. it unironically reinforces gender roles.
    Well, the idea of non-binary is encapsulated exactly by your first sentence. Non-binary isn't a third gender, it's a non-gender. I think you've got your ideas about this backwards, but at least you agree in principle.

Reforged Gone Wrong The Stormbringer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Premium
    you dont understand that normalizing it doesnt help transgender people
    Normalizing the fact that trans people are biologically different from other people of the same gender, and that people should just accept it, doesn't help them?

We really need to just legally and in every other way, change all terms such as below and any others I missed:

Man, Men, boy, boys, he, him, his, male etc

and

Woman, women, girl, girls, she, her, hers, female etc

Into biological identifiers only and we just pick the term that is most relevant to the the situation we are identifying a person in.

Make some shiny new ones for Gender, which no one will use, as the main problem is that the statistical entirety of the human population doesn't actually use these terms to identify gender but biological sex, perhaps they will use the gender to support making that identification, but they are still referring to the sex when they make it.

Gender is meaningless ever since feminism destroyed, and rightly so, rigid gender role stereotyping...

10+ Year Old Account
    i meant to type feminine instead
    Why should you seek help if you feel feminine as a man? People are allowed to feel how they feel. Unless it's detracting from their life somehow, I don't see a problem there.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    ...no? Or at least as a man, I've never bled from my dick. I dunno, I'm happy with what I was born with and don't need to take a knife to it to feel special and wonderful.
    O Flora, of the moon, of the dream. O Little ones, O fleeting will of the ancients. Let the hunter be safe. Let them find comfort. And let this dream, their captor, Foretell a pleasant awakening

7+ Year Old Account
    Currently 47°, -122° ... Originally 53°, -9°
    This is what transphobic hate speech looks like, folks. Right there in black and white. Labelling the transgendered as "mentally ill", which they are not, and doing so solely out of hatred and intolerance.
    Not saying I agree with them. But we have no issue with saying that someone who has chronic anxiety, ADHD, bipolar or sever clinical depression are mentally ill. There is nothing wrong with those people either. Mentally ill doesn't mean something bad. It just dictates a condition.

With that said, it can be argued that believing you are female if you are biologically a male and wanting to have sexual reassignment surgery so that you fit that visual profile is not necessarily considered by many to be a common mental state.

Quote Originally Posted by Oakshana View Post
    I think you have to separate the idea of a period from menstruation. Can boys have a period? Yes. Can they menstruate? No.

I think the physical period that males experience is emotional in nature. Society has just taught boys they need to supress and deny that it exists. Sort of along the same lines as "boys shouldn't cry".

At least this is how I am viewing it.
    You're absolutely correct that the issue of hormonal cycles in males is often overlooked. The word period, however, most commonly refers to 'menstrual period' and is therefore tied to the female reproductive system.
    https://www.webmd.com/women/normal-period

That being said, thumbs are for more education. Both boys and girls need to be familiar with how reproduction works, how to prevent unwanted pregnancies and STDs.

Strange, if you're one of those people who refuses to call a trans man a "man" because he's got female sex organs, why would you also be opposed to teaching kids that that person can still menstruate even though they look like and identify as a man? I thought you people were all about the biology of humans.
    Last edited by s_bushido; 2018-12-28 at 10:36 PM.

They're just focusing on the biology and separating that from gender expression
    The notion of fluctuating between man/woman/128 other "forms" never fails to entertain when considering all the social connotations.

Why should you seek help if you feel feminine as a man? People are allowed to feel how they feel. Unless it's detracting from their life somehow, I don't see a problem there.
    no one say that you arent allowed to feel that way

i also said "too feminine"

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ech0544 View Post
    We really need to just legally and in every other way, change all terms such as below and any others I missed:

Man, Men, boy, boys, he, him, his, male etc

and

Woman, women, girl, girls, she, her, hers, female etc

Into biological identifiers only and we just pick the term that is most relevant to the the situation we are identifying a person in.

Make some shiny new ones for Gender, which no one will use, as the main problem is that the statistical entirety of the human population doesn't actually use these terms to identify gender but biological sex, perhaps they will use the gender to support making that identification, but they are still referring to the sex when they make it.

Gender is meaningless ever since feminism destroyed, and rightly so, rigid gender role stereotyping...
    I agree completely with this. Reserve colloquialisms for biological typing.

Quote Originally Posted by The Stormbringer View Post
    Normalizing the fact that trans people are biologically different from other people of the same gender, and that people should just accept it, doesn't help them?
    yes, because normalizing stuff like that isnt going to help them in any way

what i mean by normalizing is to teach people that its normal to feel that way and that there is nothing wrong with them