Page 1 of 6
... LastLast

Elves have replaced humans and orcs as the fan favourites

Considering we are in a troll/human exap sion, there are more lore and story topics made about elves than any other race.

Yet the elves are completely dominated by the alliance and horde narrative.

How?

7+ Year Old Account
    Because elves are a generic and bland race with the worst fanbase ever and are always popular because of tolkien and other generic franchises who make then perfect dolls

you can put literally anything on the table and they would still talk about then even the most uninteresting stuff because they need to talk about, to show how good they are.

Yet the elves are completely dominated by the alliance and horde narrative
    so? what you mean by that? horde and alliance are an orchish and human organizations by default, not elvish, no matter if the elf playerbase is bigger, in lore they are fewer. Few elves the better, they are like cancer and grow to ruin the story, They already have enough story and development, if the expansion was about elf x elf it would be completely boring, uninspiring and cringe

People like good looking characters that aren't plain humanoids more news at 11.

Orcs and Humans - mainly the Orcs - are the usual boring baseline across most fantasy type of entertainment. The latter race, especially in WoW, it's currently at the dullest form they can be.

It's quite an achievement to have the Elves have more personality flaws and traits compared to Humans, thus making them somewhat more compelling and interesting - but hey, Blizzard managed that.

All hail the Human Potential and the Zug-Zug-Honor Orcs!

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkeon View Post
    Orcs and Humans - mainly the Orcs - are the usual boring baseline across most fantasy type of entertainment. The latter race, especially in WoW, it's currently at the dullest form they can be.

It's quite an achievement to have the Elves have more personality flaws and traits compared to Humans, thus making them somewhat more compelling and interesting - but hey, Blizzard managed that.

All hail the Human Potential and the Zug-Zug-Honor Orcs!
    are you for real saying orcs and humans - mainly orcs - , are more usual and borin baseline across most fantasy type of entertainment than elves? LUL

like wow, you can barely find a game where orcs are not just the generic low lv npc, even the classic D&D you just pick the half-orc, and they sure have more deep than the generic elf/half-elf archetype

Elves, especially the blood elves after TBC are the epitome of usual boring cliche tolkien elves that every RPG have
    Last edited by Syegfryed; 2018-12-29 at 05:20 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Replaced? When were humans the favorites?

Quote Originally Posted by Syegfryed View Post
    are you for real saying orcs and humans - mainly orcs - , are more usual and borin baseline across most fantasy type of entertainment than elves? LUL

like wow, you can barely find a game where orcs are not just the generic low lv npc, even the classic D&D you just pick the half-orc, and they sure have more deep than the generic elf/half-elf archetype

Elves, especially the blood elves after TBC are the epitome of usual boring cliche tolkien elves that every RPG have
    So you admit that Orcs are one of the boring fantasy races. Good. That was my point.

Also, Humans on WoW are Tolkien's Elves. Sorry not sorry.

Murlocs are my favorite, but we don't get to play those.

On alliance, I prefer humans over elves. On horde, besides the fact that DH can only be an elf, I prefer Blood Elves due to the movement animations and having feet for gear Tmog.

The most beautiful, intelligent and powerful race is the most played. What a surprise.

Not really. Humans are generic goody goody two shoes and Orcs are ugly monsters. Now watch, as Void Elves dethrone Humans as the most played race at level 120.
    The Void. A force of infinite hunger. Its whispers have broken the will of dragons... and lured even the titans' own children into madness. Sages and scholars fear the Void. But we understand a truth they do not. That the Void is a power to be harnessed... to be bent by a will strong enough to command it. The Void has shaped us... changed us. But you will become its master. Wield the shadows as a weapon to save our world... and defend the Alliance!

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ravenmoon View Post
    Considering we are in a troll/human exap sion, there are more lore and story topics made about elves than any other race.

Yet the elves are completely dominated by the alliance and horde narrative.

How?
    Human are so boring... story side and aesthetically.
    Argus in 2018 My prediction failed in part... But I'm still a Spacegoat

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    The only Elf race I like are Blood Elves. The others are insufferable.

Deleted
    Where do people see up-to-date statistics like this?

10+ Year Old Account
    Humans are by far the most boring of all the races. Same goes for Orcs when it comes to the Horde.
    Subarashii chin chin mono
    Kintama no kami aru

Elves are just humans with pointy ears. WoW elves are just humans with pointy ears, slightly different skin tones, and glowy eyes.

Quote Originally Posted by ravenmoon View Post
    exap sion
    What in the fuck?

Quote Originally Posted by Syegfryed View Post
    Because elves are a generic and bland race with the worst fanbase ever and are always popular because of tolkien and other generic franchises who make then perfect dolls

you can put literally anything on the table and they would still talk about then even the most uninteresting stuff because they need to talk about, to show how good they are.

so? what you mean by that? horde and alliance are an orchish and human organizations by default, not elvish, no matter if the elf playerbase is bigger, in lore they are fewer. Few elves the better, they are like cancer and grow to ruin the story, They already have enough story and development, if the expansion was about elf x elf it would be completely boring, uninspiring and cringe
    And humans aren't bland af? Lol. That's cute.

Sure, Blizz ain't got a good grip at storywriting, haven't for some time now, but come on man, stop throwing shit under the bus because you have a stick up your ass about it. Subjectivity.

At least on the Horde side, they're the only race that looks universally good across all armor types. No hunchbacks, no weird armor clipping issues (at least more than normal,) good class coverage, good animations, and good racials. Orcs are a little tired and Humans are always popular for a similar reason to the Blood Elves.

I'd argue that the Forsaken would shoot up a bit in popularity if they made the bones feature a toggle.

When it comes to the story, Orcs and Humans is just exhausting at this point.
    Quote Originally Posted by Connal View Post
    From my perspective it is an uncle who was is a "simple" slat of the earth person, who has religous beliefs I may or may not fully agree with, but who in the end of the day wants to go hope, kiss his wife, and kids, and enjoy their company.
    Connal defending child molestation

I am, primarily because of early Warcraft games, leaning towards wanting to see a trio of humans, dwarves and elves, as opposed to orcs and trolls working with elves. I also like seeing orcs and trolls stick together and I prefer their warrior-styled, shamanistic and overall tribal theme. The blood elves and night elves deserved to be running their own show individually too as they have very specific themes of their own. Seeing these concepts clearly put appart is something I know we most likely will never see happening in World of Warcraft.

Orcs and Humans was Blizzard's idea. Introducing player agency is what has made elves what they are. Other than void elves (which felt like pandering) I don't think elven popularity has influenced the game/story too greatly?