Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    I dont like humans in real life... why would I like them in a game?

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vasaru View Post
    I think the saddest thing is that the Horde has been hijacked by former Alliance members.
    Tbh it was to be expected after EMFH was nurfed
    Quote Originally Posted by trimble View Post
    WoD was the expansion that was targeted at non raiders.

Quote Originally Posted by Soon-TM View Post
    Truth be said, WC3 NEs were militant, xenophobic assholes, but at least they had a clear personality - which faded off quite a bit in WoW.

Another example. Upon their introduction in BC, Draenei were portrayed as generic, sanctimonious do-gooders, .
    The draenei twist was that they were demons who were anything but demonic, it was a huge twist for those who cared.

As for night elves, they appeared like that, but their story sort of explains that. Still they had a more aggressive and dangerous feel tothem that was exported to the blood elves. Night elves didn't have much focused story in classic to bring out their wc3 war mode, then blood elves were released and all the elven love and development went there, night elven druids were the only thing seen of night elves outside kalimdor, skewing the race to become viewed as tree huggers and purple human besties in the eyes of a lot of players, which they werent. But when blizzard finally showed them in action, they were beaten over and over again, and all the elven fire seemed to be in the blood elves instead, in a horde bias that seemed to continue at the end of Legion when the nightborne went horde

We need another culling of elves
    Quote Originally Posted by Varitok View Post
    No, she is my waifu. Stop posting and delete this thread immediately.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ophenia View Post
    Voted Baine because... Well, Baine. Total nonsensical character, looks like World War II Italy, nobody really understands what role he's supposed to fill, not even himself

Quote Originally Posted by ravenmoon View Post
    The draenei twist was that they were demons who were anything but demonic, it was a huge twist for those who cared.

As for night elves, they appeared like that, but their story sort of explains that. Still they had a more aggressive and dangerous feel tothem that was exported to the blood elves. Night elves didn't have much focused story in classic to bring out their wc3 war mode, then blood elves were released and all the elven love and development went there, night elven druids were the only thing seen of night elves outside kalimdor, skewing the race to become viewed as tree huggers and purple human besties in the eyes of a lot of players, which they werent. But when blizzard finally showed them in action, they were beaten over and over again, and all the elven fire seemed to be in the blood elves instead, in a horde bias that seemed to continue at the end of Legion when the nightborne went horde
    draenei was never demons, only the man'ari eredar that followed kiljaeden turned into demons draenei eredar are eredar that went against that and ran from the demons.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tennisace View Post
    In other countries like Canada the population has chosen to believe in hope, peace and tolerance. This we can see from the election of the Honourable Justin Trudeau who stood against the politics of hate and divisiveness.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by saintminya View Post
    Replaced? When were humans the favorites?
    To be honest Alliance humans are still very much the centre narrative focused in BfA. I don't think humans have never not been the main focus. Even thought the elves are getting some focus it;'s the equivalent of the Dwarfs getting focus in WotLK. As in there will be some intermission focus but its still mainly humans.

I don't think elves have been the main focus this expansion they still feel like side characters. And even if they were the main focus it would be awesome as humans have had that role for too damn long for Alliance.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by malSheep View Post
    Where do people see up-to-date statistics like this?
    Where the sun doesn't shine

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Maxrokur View Post
    We need another culling of elves
    But but but!!!

Think of all the white haired xsephirothx blood elf paladins! Or the xlegolazx night elf hunters! Or the xazraelx void elves!!
    Blood Elves were based on a STRONG request from a poll of Asian players where many remarked on the Horde side that they and their girlfriends wanted a non-creepy femme race to play (Source)

Every one likes Christmas Elves .

So they pick to play one they can have all year round.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Minikin View Post
    Where the sun doesn't shine

- - - Updated - - -

But but but!!!

Think of all the white haired xsephirothx blood elf paladins! Or the xlegolazx night elf hunters! Or the xazraelx void elves!!
    I'm very happy with my BE paladin, and have been since BC. Sue me

People complain about elves and all the elf races, but players just keep making them. I know LF Undead are likely the allied race for Undead, but San'Layn would have been much more popular.

Quote Originally Posted by Nomads View Post
    People complain about elves and all the elf races, but players just keep making them. I know LF Undead are likely the allied race for Undead, but San'Layn would have been much more popular.
    Agreed, or vampyrs..LF undead seems wrong on so many levels, like the old uncle who is trying to be cool but is not. It's like blizzard wanting to do a twist on yet another race for the sake of causing a stir.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Soon-TM View Post
    I'm very happy with my BE paladin, and have been since BC. Sue me
    Do you play the sephiroth theme everytime you hit avenging wrath? XD
    Blood Elves were based on a STRONG request from a poll of Asian players where many remarked on the Horde side that they and their girlfriends wanted a non-creepy femme race to play (Source)

10+ Year Old Account
    good looking?

the females have a grey-allien face, anorexic bodies, and squeal like you stepped on a cat,
    while the males have the most douchey and feminine posture ever.

granted, the female BEs are the only race on which weapons and shoulders look kinda practical, but still not good looking imo.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkeon View Post
    So you admit that Orcs are one of the boring fantasy races. Good. That was my point.

Also, Humans on WoW are Tolkien's Elves. Sorry not sorry.
    no, i refute you saying they are not, the ones who are boring are elves. Nop, wow elves are the tolkien elves
    Quote Originally Posted by Halyon View Post
    And humans aren't bland af? Lol. That's cute.
    never say they aren't, but elves are more

and sell the best, netting the most profit
    it would not, it would be shit, because not just elf players play the game

I find wow elves fascinating, especially the darker ones. Void elves with the whole void thing. Nightnelves with the whole star and moon thing and their very broad cultural range from arcane, to nature to Elune and the moon and Illidari and the fel.
    like no other game has ever done elves who use arcane, wood elves or dark elves like drows, like i said, generic and bland, but the fanbase will always praise the little things like they are the best
    Last edited by Syegfryed; 2018-12-30 at 02:47 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Syegfryed View Post
    Snip
    Personal. Opinions.

It's fine, you can think what you want, doesn't mean you're right. Nor wrong. I still don't agree though.

Happy new years?

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Halyon View Post
    Personal. Opinions.

It's fine, you can think what you want, doesn't mean you're right. Nor wrong. I still don't agree though.

Happy new years?
    like i said, humans are bland, elves are just more

Every, every rpg game they are the same, the only thing who change is the sub-specie, that in the end become te same tolkien stereotype half the fault because their own fanbase, thats way they are more bland

you can find a lot of generic name humans, but i bet there are more legóoláas than Aragorns

Quote Originally Posted by Eggroll View Post
    According to realmpop humans are the most popular race in the EU (before belves), belves in US (before humans), followed by nelves on both EU and US.

Yeah, 2 of the 3 most popular races are elves.
    Elves also have 4 races >.>

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Minikin View Post
    Do you play the sephiroth theme everytime you hit avenging wrath? XD
    Hahaha perhaps, perhaps But in reality, I loved the Blood Knights' theme in BC, they were the castaways that "hacked" the Light to serve them, instead of being deserving of it. Too bad that it ended in a !@#$ing redemption story /sigh

8.2 should be focused on the elves of the alliance and the horde, let's fight against fucking azshara and let's see zinashari!!!

lorthemar has a new model his ancestors were the highborne of zinazshari who rebelled against azshara, malfurion is the ultimate enemy of azshara. we have to see this great final battle between the elves who rebelled against azshara and the forces of the evil empress

- - - Updated - - -

Considering we are in a troll/human exap sion, there are more lore and story topics made about elves than any other race.

Yet the elves are completely dominated by the alliance and horde narrative.

How?
    8.2 should be focused on the elves of the alliance and the horde, let's fight against fucking azshara and let's see zinashari!!!

lorthemar has a new model his ancestors were the highborne of zinazshari who rebelled against azshara, malfurion is the ultimate enemy of azshara. we have to see this great final battle between the elves who rebelled against azshara and the forces of the evil empress

They can make the blood elf racial reduce the users health to 10% with no other positive effect and they'd still be the most played Horde race.