Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Al Gorefiend View Post
    They can make the blood elf racial reduce the users health to 10% with no other positive effect and they'd still be the most played Horde race.
    Look so fabulous!
    Blood Elves were based on a STRONG request from a poll of Asian players where many remarked on the Horde side that they and their girlfriends wanted a non-creepy femme race to play (Source)

There are more elf races now. It's 4 elf vs 2 orc vs 1+1 soon human race. And there is a lot of talk about elves too.

Quote Originally Posted by Druidzorz View Post
    Elves also have 4 races >.>
    Yeah, I said in a later post velves and nightborne are the most popular allied races, they even have surpassed pandaren, gnomes, goblins and worgen in popularity.

source: https://realmpop.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Soon-TM View Post
    Tbh it was to be expected after EMFH was nurfed
    lol, it has nothing to do with that. Not what I mean.

Quote Originally Posted by Shibito View Post
    draenei was never demons, only the man'ari eredar that followed kiljaeden turned into demons draenei eredar are eredar that went against that and ran from the demons.
    I'm sure what he meant is that we'd never seen draenei (the actual retconned ones, not Broken from WC3:TFT) until TBC.
    Quote Originally Posted by Maxos View Post
    When you play the game of MMOs, you win or you go f2p.

I've been in love with the Blood Elves since WC3, they were always going to be my race of choice for WoW (had to settle for Tauren in Vanilla). Blood elves are superior. rich in lore, the best architecture of any Horde race, the best looking women, the most intelligent and experienced race. The other races of the Horde are just useful canon fodder. After all, we don't want our fabulous garments stained with blood.. ugh.

10+ Year Old Account
    i was cool with orcs until garrosh story and specially WoD
    maybe i played too much wod that made me just don't want to see orcs anymore
    humans i see them at work daily ty
    The beginning of wisdom is the statement 'I do not know.' The person who cannot make that statement is one who will never learn anything. And I have prided myself on my ability to learn
    Thrall
    http://youtu.be/x3ejO7Nssj8 7:20+ "Alliance remaining super power", clearly blizz favor horde too much, that they made alliance the super power

Herald of the Titans Amaterasu65's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    It's all about appearances.

Quote Originally Posted by Syegfryed View Post
    it would not, it would be shit, because not just elf players play the game
    Elves were popular in every expansion, and the 2 based on them have been two of the most popular of the lot. Sales certainly resurged when the night elves were shown in Legion to have much more to them than the treehugger wood elf trope players assumed they were

like no other game has ever done elves who use arcane, wood elves or dark elves like drows, like i said, generic and bland, but the fanbase will always praise the little things like they are the best
    It's the combination. No one has done star elves, nor combined wood elf and dark elf like the night elves do. Yes dark elf has been arcane but, evil and one dimensional.

Night elves on the other hand have arcane, nature, Elune and the stars, with the fel playing a role. Mostly lawful good or chaotic good, with a star and moon focus, they are utterly unique.

I've never seen druids who also call on the stars and moon, nor dark elves that are actually thoroughly good or any elf with a star and moon fascination...supimultaneously having grand cities - like the night elves halve AND grand forests.

I've also never seen dark elves with a proper outdoor night stars moon theme, nor wood elves with the sort of waking forest up thing or combining the two like pre addiction pre sundering night elves did or the post long vigil night elves are doing combining strong arcane with strong nature.
    As for Thalassian elves, the whole void thing is entirely unìque, a dark maddening magic wielded without corruption by Thalassian elves. Blood elves as high elves who aren't perfectly good but have a rebel bad boy vibe to them at the same time as an arrogant rich boy tone. Adding a sun focus to them, then an undead elf aspect and their fel elf is rather different from the Illidari too. High elves that gave in to evil demons like Kael'thas does.

Warcraft elves have at leas 6 varieties each between Night Elf kind and Thalassian elf kind.

Night Elf
    Night elf: Kaldorei - shal'dorei, cenarian, illidari, Ravencrest undead and Farondis ghost , as well as highborne mage, Druid and Moon priestess each having a distinct feel to them each of them, whether it is the sub race of night elf or the discipline.

You have the kaldorei as the star elf fusion of dark elf and forest elf, the shal'dorei retaining the dark elf arcane pre sundering era version of them, the cenarion half night elf representing the forest elf version, the Illidari night elf as the anti hero demon elf that is chaotic good, the Ravencrest undead who turn out to be decent undead when you free their leader and the quasi living highborne ghosts who are ghost form of the pre addiction pre sundering night elven nobility before they got corrupt.

Now examine the class distinctions and how highborne is so different from druid and in turn so different from moon priest and in turn so different from demon hunter with their devotions to the arcane, nature, Elune and fel, yet they have the common theme of desiring to do good and save, even the fel demonized version. In a properly constructed night world version of all the themes that exist in the day elf with its own variation.

You find this detail and variation in any other fantasy for dark elves or elves for that matter?

An arcane well a world tree and a moon goddess in a triune, not singular, tri-une nexus of power - I haven't seen that before.

We haven't even delved into the u iqueness of character, devotions present different philosophies yet harmony ensues.
    Night elves also show a juxtaposition on co treating themes all the way through, notice the barefooted kaldorei and shal'dorei combatants despite their high civilization, yet druids live in the earth and trees but aren't primitive.
    Demon hunters and sentinels, dusk guard, Moonguard, feral druids fight with a savage ferocity at complete contrast with a serenity and aloofness. Promote yet advanced, savage yet tranquil, wise yet reckless (And before you think Azshar a and her highborne how often have you seen Tyrande just charge in)

Thalassian Elf - High elf
    You have high elf, blood elf, void elf, San'layn (vampire) and dark fallen(undead), wretched, fel elf(incl illidari blood elves)

First of all high elves having a strong arcane, light and forest theme, more regular in its fantasy, but still a combination not often seen, because the forest type farstriders elf usually isn't together with the arcane type, but it isn't unheard of.

Then watch how high elf is split into Blood elf and high elf with elves having different political and philosophical views.

One high elven group is working with orcs and trolls - where have you ever seen that from high elves? They also do evil and wicked things but have enough detail not to be generalised as an evil group. Where have you seen this sort of complexity and depth? And bear in mind the night elves have a different display of complexity and depth.

Then void elves, successfully able to resist a void magic theme, a polar opposite to the light but which isn't the night of the nightnelf group and it's stars and moon, a different dark. One that turns everyone evil, but these ones manage for the first time to grasp it for good at the same time we are shown how light based ones can use a good source like the light for evil.

Wretched corrupted by over consumption of magic, Sunwell and the Light a duo nexus of power - I haven't seen that in elves before till wow.
    And let us not even go into the whole San'layn Vampyrismm or the Sylvanas dark rangers, farstriders, blood mage, spell breaker, priest and blood Paladin.

Other genres just have one elf about one thing. You have your wood elf, your high elf, your dark elf , some ophave all of them, but they are separate and only about 1 thing. I call that boring and tired, over used and uninteresting.

I don't call wow elves that. Not to mention the visual feast of Quel'thalas and Eversong Woods, or Suramar and Val'sharah forest each quite uniwue from the other and entirely elven complete with sun and light themes and night, stars and moon theme

Very far from boring. Very far. Elves are one of warcraft's most interesting races.

Let's not forget the detailed lore too, the night elves and their creation, pre sundering era and long vigil era and now post vigil era. From kaldorei empire, to war of the ancients, magecraft, druidcaft and demon hunterism, war of the Satyr and shifting sands, 3rd war era

The Thalassian elves and their extensive lore from their exile from the night elves, founding of Quel'thalas, Amani wars, humans and Arathor, founding of Dalaran and guardian's of tirisfal, the alliance etc all the way up to the scourge invasion, it is as detailed as the night elven lore even though it is over 7,000 year span rather than the 15,000 year one night elf kind have to their credit, and all the lore of the sundering braces like nightborne and cenarion for the night elves and void elves and San'layn for the Thalassian.
    Last edited by ravenmoon; 2018-12-30 at 02:40 PM.

5+ Year Old Account
    Because Elf women are so hot that even Orcs want that? It's not rocket science.

Light comes from darkness shise's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Because elves are a generic and bland race with the worst fanbase ever and are always popular because of tolkien and other generic franchises who make then perfect dolls

you can put literally anything on the table and they would still talk about then even the most uninteresting stuff because they need to talk about, to show how good they are.

so? what you mean by that? horde and alliance are an orchish and human organizations by default, not elvish, no matter if the elf playerbase is bigger, in lore they are fewer. Few elves the better, they are like cancer and grow to ruin the story, They already have enough story and development, if the expansion was about elf x elf it would be completely boring, uninspiring and cringe
    ....Or just because they are the favorite and most popular..?

Don´t know where the saltines comes from but you should be happy about it. The more people playing elves, the more "rare" or "unique" your race becomes.
    Do you like it when none else has your title/mount around?
    So the same could apply here.
    Last edited by shise; 2018-12-30 at 01:44 PM.

like i said, humans are bland, elves are just more

Every, every rpg game they are the same, the only thing who change is the sub-specie, that in the end become te same tolkien stereotype half the fault because their own fanbase, thats way they are more bland

you can find a lot of generic name humans, but i bet there are more legóoláas than Aragorns
    ...so player choices = lore etc? Lol.

Look, I've realized you have a hateboner for elves, whatever floats your boat.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vasaru View Post
    lol, it has nothing to do with that. Not what I mean.
    Haha I know, I was just kidding

But in all honesty, I loved everything from BEs from the beginning. In BC, they had a mindset not unlike the Forsaken, my favourite race at Vanilla; since I was also able to roll a paladin, it was a love at first sight BC was when I first tried my hand at tanking hehe.
    Quote Originally Posted by trimble View Post
    WoD was the expansion that was targeted at non raiders.

Deleted
    I would like to see more story about Tauren and dwarves.

Quote Originally Posted by Rhlor View Post
    8.2 should be focused on the elves of the alliance and the horde, let's fight against fucking azshara and let's see zinashari!!!

lorthemar has a new model his ancestors were the highborne of zinazshari who rebelled against azshara, malfurion is the ultimate enemy of azshara. we have to see this great final battle between the elves who rebelled against azshara and the forces of the evil empress

- - - Updated - - -

8.2 should be focused on the elves of the alliance and the horde, let's fight against fucking azshara and let's see zinashari!!!

lorthemar has a new model his ancestors were the highborne of zinazshari who rebelled against azshara, malfurion is the ultimate enemy of azshara. we have to see this great final battle between the elves who rebelled against azshara and the forces of the evil empress
    I agree with you on this one 100%. I meant to see an Elune empowered Tyrande stick it to the old God empowered Azshara, there is a role for the void elves via the old God void connection and a role for the nightborne too who should be the horde night elf group leading the assault.

Would be nice to see Farondis highborne their too they have quite the bone to pick, undead ravencrests, as well as all the other groups, druids, moon priestesses and Illidari too, I mean it is Azshara who invited the legion afterall, and all the night elves and their off shoots have suffered for it. The shen'dralar shoukd remmebr the demon armies that came to their gates and the price it took, not to mention breaking magical access for so long by such foolish behaviour, would love to see them condemn her as vain and foolish and say, I wonder what any of us ever thought of you, and you see a whole bunch of kaldorei characters and shal'dorei who actually lived during the pre-sundering era, then a whole load of night elf ghosts find release and wisps too.

Quote Originally Posted by ravenmoon View Post
    I agree with you on this one 100%. I meant to see an Elune empowered Tyrande stick it to the old God empowered Azshara, there is a role for the void elves via the old God void connection and a role for the nightborne too who should be the horde night elf group leading the assault.

Would be nice to see Farondis highborne their too they have quite the bone to pick, undead ravencrests, as well as all the other groups, druids, moon priestesses and Illidari too, I mean it is Azshara who invited the legion afterall, and all the night elves and their off shoots have suffered for it. The shen'dralar shoukd remmebr the demon armies that came to their gates and the price it took, not to mention breaking magical access for so long by such foolish behaviour, would love to see them condemn her as vain and foolish and say, I wonder what any of us ever thought of you, and you see a whole bunch of kaldorei characters and shal'dorei who actually lived during the pre-sundering era, then a whole load of night elf ghosts find release and wisps too.
    The Shal'dorei are not militarily prepared for a campaign of these characteristics, without a doubt they have to participate but they do not have the knowledge in tactics and military strategy to lead an invasion to the heart of the power of Azshara. clearly thalassian must be the ones who lead the forces of the horde since they are the elves militarily stronger and their ancestors were the highborne of Zinazshari who rebelled against azshara, I would like to see lorthemar visiting the house of his ancestors something like as Velen visited his house in mac'aree
    I'm thinking of seeing some spirits of those who fought against Azshara in the ruins of Zinazshari !!

Unlike elves and dwarves, who are staples of european folklore, orcs were literally created by Tolkien. You can't get more Tolkien than orcs.

Elves were popular in every expansion, and the 2 based on them have been two of the most popular of the lot. Sales certainly resurged when the night elves were shown in Legion to have much more to them than the treehugger wood elf trope players assumed they were

It's the combination. No one has done star elves, nor combined wood elf and dark elf like the night elves do. Yes dark elf has been arcane but, evil and one dimensional.

Night elves on the other hand have arcane, nature, Elune and the stars, with the fel playing a role. Mostly lawful good or chaotic good, with a star and moon focus, they are utterly unique.

I've never seen druids who also call on the stars and moon, nor dark elves that are actually thoroughly good or any elf with a star and moon fascination...supimultaneously having grand cities - like the night elves halve AND grand forests.

I've also never seen dark elves with a proper outdoor night stars moon theme, nor wood elves with the sort of waking forest up thing or combining the two like pre addiction pre sundering night elves did or the post long vigil night elves are doing combining strong arcane with strong nature.
    As for Thalassian elves, the whole void thing is entirely unìque, a dark maddening magic wielded without corruption by Thalassian elves. Blood elves as high elves who aren't perfectly good but have a rebel bad boy vibe to them at the same time as an arrogant rich boy tone. Adding a sun focus to them, then an undead elf aspect and their fel elf is rather different from the Illidari too. High elves that gave in to evil demons like Kael'thas does.

Warcraft elves have at leas 6 varieties each between Night Elf kind and Thalassian elf kind.

Night Elf
    Night elf: Kaldorei - shal'dorei, cenarian, illidari, Ravencrest undead and Farondis ghost , as well as highborne mage, Druid and Moon priestess each having a distinct feel to them each of them, whether it is the sub race of night elf or the discipline.

You have the kaldorei as the star elf fusion of dark elf and forest elf, the shal'dorei retaining the dark elf arcane pre sundering era version of them, the cenarion half night elf representing the forest elf version, the Illidari night elf as the anti hero demon elf that is chaotic good, the Ravencrest undead who turn out to be decent undead when you free their leader and the quasi living highborne ghosts who are ghost form of the pre addiction pre sundering night elven nobility before they got corrupt.

Now examine the class distinctions and how highborne is so different from druid and in turn so different from moon priest and in turn so different from demon hunter with their devotions to the arcane, nature, Elune and fel, yet they have the common theme of desiring to do good and save, even the fel demonized version. In a properly constructed night world version of all the themes that exist in the day elf with its own variation.

You find this detail and variation in any other fantasy for dark elves or elves for that matter?

An arcane well a world tree and a moon goddess in a triune, not singular, tri-une nexus of power - I haven't seen that before.

We haven't even delved into the u iqueness of character, devotions present different philosophies yet harmony ensues.
    Night elves also show a juxtaposition on co treating themes all the way through, notice the barefooted kaldorei and shal'dorei combatants despite their high civilization, yet druids live in the earth and trees but aren't primitive.
    Demon hunters and sentinels, dusk guard, Moonguard, feral druids fight with a savage ferocity at complete contrast with a serenity and aloofness. Promote yet advanced, savage yet tranquil, wise yet reckless (And before you think Azshar a and her highborne how often have you seen Tyrande just charge in)

Thalassian Elf - High elf
    You have high elf, blood elf, void elf, San'layn (vampire) and dark fallen(undead), wretched, fel elf(incl illidari blood elves)

First of all high elves having a strong arcane, light and forest theme, more regular in its fantasy, but still a combination not often seen, because the forest type farstriders elf usually isn't together with the arcane type, but it isn't unheard of.

Then watch how high elf is split into Blood elf and high elf with elves having different political and philosophical views.

One high elven group is working with orcs and trolls - where have you ever seen that from high elves? They also do evil and wicked things but have enough detail not to be generalised as an evil group. Where have you seen this sort of complexity and depth? And bear in mind the night elves have a different display of complexity and depth.

Then void elves, successfully able to resist a void magic theme, a polar opposite to the light but which isn't the night of the nightnelf group and it's stars and moon, a different dark. One that turns everyone evil, but these ones manage for the first time to grasp it for good at the same time we are shown how light based ones can use a good source like the light for evil.

Wretched corrupted by over consumption of magic, Sunwell and the Light a duo nexus of power - I haven't seen that in elves before till wow.
    And let us not even go into the whole San'layn Vampyrismm or the Sylvanas dark rangers, farstriders, blood mage, spell breaker, priest and blood Paladin.

Other genres just have one elf about one thing. You have your wood elf, your high elf, your dark elf , some ophave all of them, but they are separate and only about 1 thing. I call that boring and tired, over used and uninteresting.

I don't call wow elves that. Not to mention the visual feast of Quel'thalas and Eversong Woods, or Suramar and Val'sharah forest each quite uniwue from the other and entirely elven complete with sun and light themes and night, stars and moon theme

Very far from boring. Very far. Elves are one of warcraft's most interesting races.

Let's not forget the detailed lore too, the night elves and their creation, pre sundering era and long vigil era and now post vigil era. From kaldorei empire, to war of the ancients, magecraft, druidcaft and demon hunterism, war of the Satyr and shifting sands, 3rd war era

The Thalassian elves and their extensive lore from their exile from the night elves, founding of Quel'thalas, Amani wars, humans and Arathor, founding of Dalaran and guardian's of tirisfal, the alliance etc all the way up to the scourge invasion, it is as detailed as the night elven lore even though it is over 7,000 year span rather than the 15,000 year one night elf kind have to their credit, and all the lore of the sundering braces like nightborne and cenarion for the night elves and void elves and San'layn for the Thalassian.
    the undead are their own race

Quote Originally Posted by Rhlor View Post
    the undead are their own race
    Undead are a FACTION! made up of undead versions of many races. Unread elf is not the same race as an undead human, they have the same state of life i.e, undeath anymore than a living human is the same race as an elf because they share the same state of life i.e. livimg

Undead are a FACTION! made up of undead versions of many races. Unread elf is not the same race as an undead human, they have the same state of life i.e, undeath anymore than a living human is the same race as an elf because they share the same state of life i.e. livimg
    they are all zombies, they are not human, they are not elves, they are not orcs, they are undead.
    in WoW all undeads are marked as race as undead. it does not matter if he is an orc or a human his race is undead