Page 1 of 5
... LastLast

Question Is this *NOT* the time to return to WoW?

Subject kind of says it all. I played a bit at the beginning of Legion and left after a couple of months, came back during some free one or two-week thing around the beginning of the year. I was planning on resubbing for Classic, but I've been interested to see what the current game looks like.

However, from this site, Reddit, etc. I haven't been seeing anything positive about the state of the game. Would I be better off saving the few bucks to resub in summer when Classic launches? I know it's ultimately up to me, but some information from current players would help to inform my decision.

Thanks!

BfA is like Legion but with less features. It's crap, to say the least.

Quote Originally Posted by Acelius View Post
    BfA is like Legion but with less features. It's crap, to say the least.
    Are you retarded?

Infracted {MoanaLisa}
    Last edited by MoanaLisa; 2018-12-30 at 06:58 PM.

It sounds like you probably wouldn't be to interested. Its worth a re-sub for a month or two imo, but the content dries up quick.

Deleted
    I think the new raids and improved azerite gear pieces only come out 20 something of January

Everything you farm now will be irrelevant, 20 somthing of January

Light comes from darkness shise's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Is not the best expansion at all, but it is okay. You have a crap load of things to do if you want to play the game.

Only those playing 24/7 everyday complain, really.

But then again, I also hope that there is a bit more to come.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    it's the best expansion so far since WOTLK. much better than legion too. You are probably going to like it

I mean its subjective if you like the game or not. But might as well, at this point, if you are going to make a serious chance at the game to wait until the 22nd of January when the real patch drop and not just the "rope them in before the earnings call" patch that we are in right now.

The game is still really good, the current raids seem to be quite enjoyable (praises for the upcoming one are common even amongst the critics).

Character progression is poor for now but they are already working on improvements.

Reddit and forums in general simply have fallen into a overblown circlejerk and youtubers gain tons of clicks for being negative. It's not out of nothing, the company made mistakes (mostly by not listening to beta feedback) and bringing out an expansion when it was not ready. Systems not targetted for hardcore players (island expeditions, warfronts) are called garbage just because they are not for them.

Even if most issues are fixed or being worked on, many users are still angry and butthurt. "It's too late", "should have been there at release",... is what you're hearing. Personally I would say: don't listen to those naysayers.

It really depends on how you are planning to play the game. Out of a casual pov BfA is pretty good. Quests are good, dungeons are fun and there is plenty to do.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    Come back either for 8.2 or the final patch. It's not worth the sub fee right now unless you're desperate to collect Ahead of the Curve achievements and PvP season rewards.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Agnastyr View Post
    Are you retarded?
    Rude disgusting troll idiot.

Infracted {MoanaLisa}
    Last edited by MoanaLisa; 2018-12-30 at 07:00 PM.

I'd say if you want good and through reviews of the state of the game, look at belluargaming reviews on youtube. The guy provides constructive criticism and feedback and doesn't just moan about the negatives without providing solutions. Looking at others perspectives shouldn't be your decision making factor. Come back and see for yourself and figure out what is of interest to you. Everyone should take breaks here and there and it greatly helps. took a break at the end of october and game back right as 8.1 hit and I'm happy with some of the changes and see that their making improvements..sure it might be slower than others had hoped for but at least their doing what needs to be done.

Thanks for all the replies! (Un)fortunately, I don't have the time commitment to play hardcore as I did in WOTLK-WOD, and I don't think any of my old raid team even plays anymore, so perhaps I'll wait until Blizz sees their sub drops to check it out.

If they haven't been listening to player feedback and making their own mistakes, I'd hate to soften the blow of their Q4 numbers, however minimal 1 subscription might be.

Deleted
    Depends on what you want to achieve. I would say this is a good time, yes. Gearing up will be easy and you will be ready for the new raid when it comes out.

If you wait until the raid is out, you will be behind the curve on gearing, making it harder to get into pugs.

With the leveling, the war campaign, the invasions, warfronts, island expeditions and emissary quests, you won't have a lack of what to do. Of course, Mythic+ and the first raid are there as well. You will be busy.

Also, there's a lot of people who are simply salty around here. The people in the game are enjoying it and Blizzard did in fact listen to criticism and made changes for 8.2, in particular the azerite gear system wich now has new sources of aquisition, including a deterministic one and the bad traits were replace by new ones.
    If you are easily influenced by forum negativity, then yeah you can skip... but who knows when a good time will be. I doubt there's anything that will make them change their tune.
    Last edited by mmoc80be7224cc; 2018-12-30 at 03:32 PM.

Game is still very much fun for alot of ppl,vocal minority is just crying too much.Game is fine.
    The Man in Black: “They come. They fight. They destroy. They corrupt. It always ends the same.”
    Jacob: “It only ends once. Anything that happens before that is just progress.”

Quote Originally Posted by Agnastyr View Post
    Are you retarded?
    No, he's right. BfA is Legion but worse overall. It does a few things better, many things worse. Just like Legion compared to the expansions before it.
    Tradushuffle
    <Echoes>
    Laughing Skull-EU

The people who dislike things always yell the loudest. The expansion is enjoyable if you don't look for all the reasons for it to not be fun. Some things aren't for everyone, but it does have varied content.

It gets boring fast. I get on for 2 hrs each day and am done with what I have to do then get off. I would personally wait. This expansion is worse than wod for me. Just not alot to do.

Quote Originally Posted by Nemmar View Post
    If you wait until the raid is out, you will be behind the curve on gearing, making it harder to get into pugs.
    I don't think this is true, catch up mechanics are through the roof and everything you earn now isn't worth much in a few weeks. That's actually one of my biggest gripes with the game today.

Because of this waiting is just having you come back to less progression content. If you enjoy doing stuff in WoW, then don't wait imho. If you enjoy doing as little as possible with much gains... wait.