Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Krudor View Post
    Couldn't stop laughing at Bolvar's stupid facial expressions

yeah, it's very poorly done.

Pretty good remaster. I still hate this scene though because the Forsaken made the Lich King look pathetic. Arthas should have been kicking ass and taking names. But nope. Fucking Plague Knight showed up, dumped his stink bombs on everyone and made him retreat with his tail between his legs. Weak as fuck.
    Last edited by Darkguyver2020; 2018-12-31 at 08:58 PM.

Reforged Gone Wrong The Stormbringer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkguyver2020 View Post
    Pretty good remaster. I still hate this scene though because the Forsaken made the Lich King look pathetic. Arthas should have been kicking ass and taking names. But nope. Fucking Plague Knight showed up, dumped his stink bombs on everyone and made him retreat with his tail between his legs. Weak as fuck.
    How so? It was a weapon specifically designed to kill him. You're saying he should've just been able to laugh and ignore it like some OP Mary Sue character? "Hahahah! Even though you poured years of research, countless resources, and fine-tuned it perfectly to work against powerful living AND undead beings, I am completely immune and unaffected!"

He already resisted it far better than any other creature out there. Instead of melting him and killing him almost instantly, it gave him a really bad cough and hurt enough for him to say 'fuck this, I'm out'.

10+ Year Old Account
    Couldn't stop laughing at Bolvar's stupid facial expressions, but otherwise it was good.

meme material right there lol. I expect it to be an avatar on these forums soon lol

But outside of that, the rest was very good and I wont hate what obviously took a lot of time and care . So good work I say
    I love Warcraft, I dislike WoW

Unsubbed since January 2021, now a Warcraft fan from a distance

7+ Year Old Account
    Sigh, I guess it's time to admit that Sylvanas actually did order the deployment of the plague at wrathgate.

10+ Year Old Account
    Couldn't stop laughing at Bolvar's stupid facial expressions, but otherwise it was good.

fuckin beat me to it!! noooooooooooooooo
    i even uploaded already... damn you!

hilarious tho. XD

Lolvar

I wonder why those dragons didn't just burn up the Lich King? Or why they as an army did not assault him before the mortals even needed to risk their lives. Ah well, I'm a Zanadlari, so I guess none of this matters.

with a certain highlord dead, think anyone will tell his daughter what happened to him... and the fact where she is now has no paladins [which makes no sense but lore lol blizz].

Wrath was the greatest expansion. The Wrathgate is by far the best cinematic story ever told inside WoW. It perfectly highlights the Lich King's overwhelming power against the living and his weakness from losing control of the Forsaken. Just so perfect.

One of the best cut scenes of all time.

Quote Originally Posted by Castration View Post
    It probably has to do more with how cartoony and rubbery faced the new models are. they have the same issue in the actual blizzard created game cutscenes that use in game models. I laugh more at the overly exaggerated facial animations. This remaster just highlights it more because of the close ups on the faces.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Castration View Post
    Bet u got some "expert opinions" on how he could have done it better.
    PROUD TRUMP SUPPORTER, #2024Trump #MAGA
    PROUD TRUMP CAMPAIGN SUPPORTER #SaveEuropeWithTrump
    PROUD SUPPORTER OF THE WALL
    BLUE LIVES MATTER
    NO TO ALL GUNCONTROL OR BACKGROUND CHECKS IN EUROPE
    /s

The Wrath Gate was such a good time, good to see someone took the time to put in some love to the original cinematic. Makes me wish that Blizzard would also update their older cinematics at some point. He could have tried to make Bolvar's face expressions less goofy though.

Seems almost a bit of a sign when fan-made art becomes better than the actual corporate company products. Star Wars had the same, overall positive, reaction recently with a fan-made short film.

Quote Originally Posted by The Anax View Post
    I wonder why those dragons didn't just burn up the Lich King? Or why they as an army did not assault him before the mortals even needed to risk their lives. Ah well, I'm a Zanadlari, so I guess none of this matters.
    Aside of Malygos going mad and preparing to purge the world of all magic users he didn't approve of while at the same time attacking other flights, Nozdormu being lost in time, Ysera sleeping and not really able to lead the greens, and Scourge running all over dragon shrines in Dragonblight? No reason, I guess.
    Quote Originally Posted by Maxos View Post
    When you play the game of MMOs, you win or you go f2p.

It’s cute that people say it’s badly done when they’ve never done a second of machinema in their lives. Bless em for wanting to feel like expert big boys.

Man those drakes sure would have been awful handy to have, oh I don't know, ABOUT FIVE MINS AGO ALEXSTRAZA!

Quote Originally Posted by Orby View Post
    meme material right there lol. I expect it to be an avatar on these forums soon lol

But outside of that, the rest was very good and I wont hate what obviously took a lot of time and care . So good work I say
    It's Bolvar just as he realized he could have bubble hearthed.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ShiirowX View Post
    It probably has to do more with how cartoony and rubbery faced the new models are. they have the same issue in the actual blizzard created game cutscenes that use in game models. I laugh more at the overly exaggerated facial animations. This remaster just highlights it more because of the close ups on the faces.
    It's more likely that the person that animated this doesn't have as good a grasp on facial animation or was inexperienced working with the facial rigs.

Blizzard has been able to get fine results animating on their new character models with their cutscenes. Animating dialogue is difficult; that's why Blizzard has designated animators on their cinematics team that work on such things.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

10+ Year Old Account
    I give it a good 8/10

It had its moments, most notably with Bolvar's facial animations that were good and bad. When he's calling out Arthas is an example of good. When he's dying at the end is an example of bad.

I'd be legitimately surprised if Blizzard didn't have him on payroll one way or another. I know he did the stuff for the Blizzard "LOL E-SPORTS" stuff on the Launcher, I'm pretty sure he got some compensation for that