Page 26 of 37 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Flying should be in game from start.
    its not my fault blizzard catered to the weak minded tards who come to forums to piss and moan but still log in and use flying mounts to do shit quicker.
    if you dont agree or like flying then dont click an icon that summons a flying mount, you guys stick to ground mounts and all the immersed shit and we will fly around...everyone's happy .

The flying hate fad has become a complete mess because its backed by social misfits that prefer to spite there own face as long as it ruins it for others. aka twats.

Quote Originally Posted by Suggs View Post
    Flying should be in game from start.
    its not my fault blizzard catered to the weak minded tards who come to forums to piss and moan but still log in and use flying mounts to do shit quicker.
    if you dont agree or like flying then dont click an icon that summons a flying mount, you guys stick to ground mounts and all the immersed shit and we will fly around...everyone's happy .

The flying hate fad has become a complete mess because its backed by social misfits that prefer to spite there own face as long as it ruins it for others. aka twats.
    3edgy5me

yikes

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by rohoz View Post
    bolded the important part.
    fundamentally, there's no difference. mechanic wise, there's no difference.

Flying conveys a lot of immunities that I'm pretty sure you're unaware of. Maybe if you were susceptible to poly/stuns/ccs while flying, maybe if the net gun was instant cast and *all npcs had access to the dismounting ability* i'd see an argument for flying.

Until then, nah.
    You're missing the biggest difference between flying vs non-flying and swimming vs waterwalking. Speed.
    "We don't care what people say, we know the truth. Enough is enough with this horse s***. I am not a freak, I was born with my free gun. Don't tell me I'm less than my freedom."

15+ Year Old Account
    I love flying threads. It’s a huge part of why I said no and quit late in MOP.

So, I missed out on WOD, Legion and BFA.

Sounds like I’ve missed.... nothing.

Should only be removed if FF14's system is added in it's place. Otherwise, a big fucking no.

bolded the important part.
    fundamentally, there's no difference. mechanic wise, there's no difference.

Flying conveys a lot of immunities that I'm pretty sure you're unaware of. Maybe if you were susceptible to poly/stuns/ccs while flying, maybe if the net gun was instant cast and *all npcs had access to the dismounting ability* i'd see an argument for flying.

Until then, nah.
    I still fail at seeing skipping world mobs from point A to B like a bad thing, but indeed I respect your pov.

Quote Originally Posted by Eace View Post
    You're missing the biggest difference between flying vs non-flying and swimming vs waterwalking. Speed.
    speed is secondary to immunity, sir.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by chiddie View Post
    I still fail at seeing skipping world mobs from point A to B like a bad thing, but indeed I respect your pov.
    It's not a *bad thing* but acknowledge it for what it is, skipping content.

And where exactly is the fun in this? I have to decide if cross the little village and risk a dismount or spend 10 seconds more to circumnavigate the village. Great gameplay choice, it really adds soooo much to gameplay...
    Whether you find it fun or not is irrelevant, I'm sure theres people who do find it fun.
    Atleast it adds more gameplay choices than just flying over it.

3edgy5me

yikes
    Well, indeed the “you are not forced to fly even if you can” part has always a point. You can still experience the thrill of being dazed and surrounded by mobs from time to time and let others enjoy other type of thrills.

10+ Year Old Account
    Haven't you heard? Running through mobs is immersive.

- - - Updated - - -
    There's no danger even on the ground. Don a Barding or play in a tank spec, and you can't even get dazed. Turn Warmode Off and there won't even be enemy players. The only remaining difference, as I said above, is speed.
    "We don't care what people say, we know the truth. Enough is enough with this horse s***. I am not a freak, I was born with my free gun. Don't tell me I'm less than my freedom."

Well, indeed the “you are not forced to fly even if you can” part has always a point. You can still experience the thrill of being dazed and surrounded by mobs from time to time and let others enjoy other type of thrills.
    do you understand what a metagame is?

As in, once flying is unlocked, the meta changes.

Quote Originally Posted by lappee View Post
    Whether you find it fun or not is irrelevant, I'm sure theres people who do find it fun.
    Atleast it adds more gameplay choices than just flying over it.
    It’s relevant in the moment that you state what should be skippable and what not.

Flying does not prevent people using ground mounts only, nor allows reaching relevant places that cannot be reached with a ground mount. Don’t like flying? Don’t fly. But blaming people who’d like to fly (for legit reasons, regardless what you think about it) makes no sense.

It’s relevant in the moment that you state what should be skippable and what not.

Flying does not prevent people using ground mounts only, nor allows reaching relevant places that cannot be reached with a ground mount. Don’t like flying? Don’t fly. But blaming people who’d like to fly (for legit reasons, regardless what you think about it) makes no sense.
    so yeah you 100% don't understand what a metagame is, then. Not really surprised.

do you understand what a metagame is?

As in, once flying is unlocked, the meta changes.
    Nothing changes apart WPVP (which I’m not interested in atm).

If you think it’s so immersive experience the thrill to be dazed from time to time by mobs, no one will prevent you continuing to do so.

For old expansions, yes. Turn them into a Feat of Strength.

Nothing changes apart WPVP (which I’m not interested in atm).

If you think it’s so immersive experience the thrill to be dazed from time to time by mobs, no one will prevent you continuing to do so.
    so you dont think things like gathering are affected either huh? Literally everything changes with flight. the entire game changes, whether or not you want to admit that is another thing, though.

And here we can use the free vendor gear example again, you can use the old way of gearing or just guy from vendor since that just cuts down the time. Same thing, different aspect of the game.

Literally just replace flying with free gear and see how that works out in your mind.

Removing flying altogether is a better option.

Quote Originally Posted by SirCowdog View Post
    Funny how "The no Fly crowd was huge back then", but when threads asking for flight back are CONSTANTLY popping up, there's always someone claiming it's just a "vocal minority".

Not saying that it's you, specifically. Just that it's hilarious watching people try to downplay the flight issue when it's one of the most constantly asked for features since it was taken away.
    The difference is the 'No Fly' crowd doesn't sit and complain at every turn because something isn't super efficient for them, if people spent half the time they do complaining just playing the game they might find some enjoyment in it. I'm willing to concede on the fly vs no fly debate with the one restriction that flying and not flying is tied to your war mode status. War mode = No Flying, it absolutely KILLS any sort of possibility for open world pvp.

- - - Updated - - -

It's not a *bad thing* but acknowledge it for what it is, skipping content.
    You start skipping content the first time you get a flight path, what’s your point? Is there a sort of skipping line that must not be crossed?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by lappee View Post
    And here we can use the free vendor gear example again, you can use the old way of gearing or just guy from vendor since that just cuts down the time. Same thing, different aspect of the game.

Literally just replace flying with free gear and see how that works out in your mind.
    Again, no. The game revolves around gearing up to do more difficult content, not around being dazed sometimes going from point A to B. Skipping ground mobs in open world you have done 20000 times does not take away anything from the core game experience.

If it were for you we’ll still be at Vanilla point.