Page 1 of 65
... LastLast

There is NO ilvl difference between 8/8M raiders and 0/8 M players

It is absolutely pathetic to see that people with no Mythic progression what so ever (or at best Taloc/Mother in pugs) have the exact same ilvl as my main that progressed trough Udlir and now counts 44 mythic boss killed actually sitting at 385 ilvl. I also see that with my alts, my DH is 384 and rogue 385 ilvl, both are not even close to have the same time and effort invested of my main.

Truth is, Mythic raiding will only give you gear a little bit faster in this game, but at the end of the day: Blizzard is just throwing Mythic ilvl gear to everybody and for no reason. Just for the sake of everybody being equal, even if you don't do shit in this game they want you to be as geared a hardcore player.

This was already the case in Legion but in BFA this issue has just been so inflated it's seems like a parody. This game has gone to pure shit in every way possible it's fucking pathetic.

Cry? moar?

As a 8/8M raider myself, i don't see the problem with it. Whatsoever.

You said it yourself, you reach higher ilvls faster, doing something you enjoy (i guess?). Why would other players be limited in their ilvl for not raiding?

You get exclusive traits and trinkets aswell, or did in Uldir in regards to traits.

Have absolutely no problem with other avenues awarding high ilvl rewards, such as Mythic+, PvP, crafting, etc. Game has some issues that should be focused on, but this certainly isn't one of them.

Are you talking about time investment and raiding? Raiding only takes time until you get the first kill, then its pretty much on farm. If you look at pvp players who are at 385, I'm pretty sure they have spend more time on the game than you raiding. Mythic +? You wont be getting 385 until about 4 months have been gone if you do only one dungeon per week and that is only if you dont get useless items. Raiders still have the advantage on time spend compared to ilvl.

Why do you care? Gear is a means to an end, namely killing bosses.

Better cosmetic items, access to a unique mount. As you said, faster and better ilvl gains. What more do you want? People having your ilvl and don't do mythic doesn't affect you in the least. They're still peasents who won't do mythic. Your special snowflake syndrome is off the charts dude.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    Mythic+ is the reason. People doing high Mythics every week will eventually reach mythic raider level.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    if you're doing a full clear of mythic every week and doing maybe a few M+ keys which give 385+ loot you will get to a much higher ilvl than those who only do a few M+ a week. the amount of loot chances you have are far higher than they get. plus, why are you crying over a number?

The lack of tier sets hurt, and next tier's raid traits are looking very lackluster, so I understand where you're coming from. My mythic main has far more sockets though, and that's really OP at this point in the xpac. Ultimately though my mythic main was in the 380s early in the tier, and then it plateaued fast, then my alts caught up by now. Not a huge deal really. Gear is just a means to an end. Jaina mythic mount looks cool. So yeah, early on there was a huge powergap but it evens out eventually.

Quote Originally Posted by omegalulz View Post
    It is absolutely pathetic to see that people with no Mythic progression what so ever (or at best Taloc/Mother in pugs) have the exact same ilvl as my main that progressed trough Udlir and now counts 44 mythic boss killed actually sitting at 385 ilvl. I also see that with my alts, my DH is 384 and rogue 385 ilvl, both are not even close to have the same time and effort invested of my main.

Truth is, Mythic raiding will only give you gear a little bit faster in this game, but at the end of the day: Blizzard is just throwing Mythic ilvl gear to everybody and for no reason. Just for the sake of everybody being equal, even if you don't do shit in this game they want you to be as geared a hardcore player.

This was already the case in Legion but in BFA this issue has just been so inflated it's seems like a parody. This game has gone to pure shit in every way possible it's fucking pathetic.
    hows your ilvl only 385 if you're such an accomplished mythic raider? You mean to say you've never received one titanforged item in all your 44 kills? and somehow everyone else's has titanforged from heroic? You have access to the same raids as everyone else?
    if they're getting titanforges from heroics maybe you should go and do heroics too? You're going to get 385 faster than someone else who is doing it without mythics.

Posts like this are a reason why legitimate complaints about the terrible state of the game go unheard. Post screenshots or stop hyperbolizing the situation. I imagine you complained that you didn't get your BiS legendary 1st or 2nd while other 'noobs' and 'scrubs' did. Maybe you're not as good as you think you are and you should re-evaluate how you spend your time playing in order to achieve a better result instead of crying about something that didn't happen.

As a person that exclusively pvps, my ilvl is 384 (379 equiped when pvp due to traits). I welcome the change as it's great to be able to pvp at high levels with the magic scaling system, but also be able to help out/play with my pve buddies. It would be horrible to feel that you had to be carried every time you wanted to do a +10 or higher.

Imho, you just sound like you need something special for getting 8/8 other than the title and mounts... which is crazy. The gear shouldn't really matter either as you should be able to outplay the less experienced player, no?

RE: your closing remarks... maybe just stop playing the game if it's just a mess

It's easier to get geared as a Mythic raider than to pray for titanforging RNG from world quests.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm still 373 and don't mythic raid. I could be 380 by now but ilvl =/= upgrade. An item with haste for me as as survival hunter is better, most times, than something 15 item levels higher without haste.

Deleted
    Yeah, mythic raiding has become far too unrewarding for all the hassle you have to go through.

Well, the chance to even get a drop from a raid boss is crap to begin with, combined with your GUARANTEED a 380+ from simply spending 30 or so minutes smashing a 10+ (with a chance of an actual drop from the instance itself). I'm on average getting 2 drops for 3+ hours of my time raiding, vs 1 or more from M10, I feel like raiding got neglected for M+.

Heck, don't even have to worry about sets combined with that you don't get dust from raid bosses (unless you got lucky and are now scrapping a piece of gear someone else might need).

Mythic raids hasn't become unrewarding, raiding in general is.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    OP... Mythic Raiders (as we see in this thread) already get quickier gear and cool rewards, and you want even more, and those are players who literally don't care about the power level of the rest of the playerbase, especially because they reach high-end iLvLs much quickier and in a safe fashion in comparsion to trying their luck at the M+ Magic Chest of Wonders. More rewards? It will never be enough for you.

If you actually are a Mythic Raider, I'm sure you will figure out those self-esteem issues.

So because your main is below average geared non-mythic-raiders have to high iLvl? Not to mention that your alts are definitely not average.

I got a higher ilvl than you do and I have never stepped foot in a raid once. get good and pvp.

It's 8.1 but the raid isn't out yet. It wasn't easy to get 385 ilvl before 8.1, unless you hit M+ really hard. When they dropped 8.1 they raised the cap for a lot of things, put 385 loot on darkshore boss, gave 385 loot for assault caches, etc. But for 8.1, 385 is pretty much a starting point. Just Heroic Raid gear starts at 400.

Your alts are doing content from the next tier, but the raid hasn't released yet.

I'm not a Mythic level raider, but I agree with the sentiment. My guild finished Heroic Uldir and I decided to take a break. I come back 1 month later when 8.1 launched to get back into the flow or things and casually ask, "So what ilvl do we need to be for Normal Dazar'Alor?" only to be met with, "At least 370" and I was floored because of how stupid it sounded.

I asked, "Why so high for Normal mode? Uldir Normal mode only drops 350, surely that should be high enough for the next Normal raid."

I'm then told, "WQ's, emissary caches, incursions, warfronts, and Mythic +0 all now reward 370 gear." Needless to say, I was floored again.

"So why have we bothered all this time dealing with the frustration to finish Heroic Uldir?" I was pretty much met with silence and "Because it was something to do." as the response.

Sure, I got my gear faster and it's pathetically easier to gear up alts, but it boggles my mind that Blizzard has this mentality of "Trivialize everything but the most recent patch."

- If they want to make WQ's relevant past a certain point, put in cosmetics of literally any kind to keep people interested, don't just keep bumping the ilvl.
    - If the next raid comes out and people are still working on Uldir; so what? They'll get to the next raid, it's just taking them a bit longer to get there.
    - If M+5 no longer rewards ilvl gear that will be an upgrade, let that person start doing M+6 or higher, don't suddenly have M+0 reward what a M+10 used to.

In other words; give everyone back the feelings and sense of progression and accomplishment. You're doing the exact opposite currently; taking what felt like accomplishments and turning them into irrelevant trivialization.