Page 14 of 31 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Noxina View Post
    How would the solve stats etc then? If you are lvl 120 with, lets say 40% haste, and you attack a lvl 110 with 60% haste, which one is strongest if they are the same class with the exact same talents?
    Remember the start of BfA, when anyone 110-114 would smack the living shit out of a 120? Scaling sucks dick. Don't like World PvP where the stronger is the strongest? Opt out of it.
    Duh, they just want, like, everyone to be, like, on even ground, you feel me? You're a sociopath because you like to gank low levels. A well played level 10 character with all of his 3 abilities should be able to defeat a level 120 character. Now stop strawmanning me.

Quote Originally Posted by m4xc4v413r4 View Post
    Are you serious? It was NEVER a problem before and you think it is now that everyone has a choice to turn off PvP? lol
    The more ground you give to these people, the worse it will get. They'll only be happy when wPvP gets removed and is replaced by a no fun allowed pseudo-instanced carebear PvP mode with broken scaling.

Quote Originally Posted by Muajin76 View Post
    IF wow was like EQ, that everytime you died, you lost exp, you would think twice about having it on. Imagine if Blizz did impliment the *exp loss on death* you wouldn't have WM on i'm sure. :P
    Not really, I have exclusively played D2/D3 on hardcore where you completely lose your character and even did self enforced deletion of characters in WoW when I died in a dungeon as a fun little challenge.

It's just a game to me, losing a character means nothing if the journey was more fun and thrilling!

Quote Originally Posted by Nerovar View Post
    Duh, they just want, like, everyone to be, like, on even ground, you feel me? You're a sociopath because you like to gank low levels. A well played level 10 character with all of his 3 abilities should be able to defeat a level 120 character. Now stop strawmanning me.
    I want my lvl 1 to be able to beat Mythic G'huun, everyone should be on even ground so I should be able to do that on level 1!

Literally your argument.

Quote Originally Posted by lappee View Post
    I want my lvl 1 to be able to beat Mythic G'huun, everyone should be on even ground so I should be able to do that on level 1!

Literally your argument.
    I wasn't serious.

Turn warmode off.

/Thread.

No seriously the benefits you get are literally only there to compensate for being ganked and other nuisances of pvp.

With warmode on red=dead. You CHOSE to make yourself a target for the benefits so you pay the consequences for that.

There isn't even a discussion here. Stop beating yourself up over that asshole that corpse camped you for a few minutes and move on.
    BASIC CAMPFIRE for WARCHIEF UK Prime Minister!

Short answer.. no they shouldn't.

Warmode should not just be for max level players. Dumb decisions like this is why the game is bleeding subs. People leveling up should be able to participate in warmode against players of similar levels without getting ganked by 120s. Warmode should be bracketed.

10+ Year Old Account
    No, they shouldn't even be able to see them unless they were in a party that had a 120 in it. Being able to gank people with a lower IL isn't fun or rewarding (for either party) so why is it even a thing. This shouldn't even be a topic.

Quote Originally Posted by TrickNasty View Post
    Get on your main and kill them then.
    yeah let me just keep trying to get on to the same shard as them...lol gl with that bud

Literally your argument.
    How did you not smell the sarcasm in that post?
    Quote Originally Posted by atenime45 View Post
    The 10% reward. It's was unspoken rule that you DONT attack other faction so everyone could enjoy the 10% reward. But now no one cares about that anymore

Quote Originally Posted by Noxina View Post
    How did you not smell the sarcasm in that post?
    Because theres people like @SirCowdog who actually want it that way. Its literally impossible to tell what is sarcasm and what isn't when they're saying the exact same thing.

Because theres people like @SirCowdog who actually want it that way. Its literally impossible to tell what is sarcasm and what isn't when they're saying the exact same thing.
    It's not about what they say, it's how they put it. But I do agree that sarcasm can be hard to detect in written form.
    Quote Originally Posted by atenime45 View Post
    The 10% reward. It's was unspoken rule that you DONT attack other faction so everyone could enjoy the 10% reward. But now no one cares about that anymore

There should be 0 scaling in pvp.

I don't consider it griefing, I feel it adds immersion to the world (and I say this as someone who has gotten ganked on lowbies more times than I can count).
    There will always be big bads out there in the dangerous war torn world that you have no chance of beating, but one day you might be strong enough to prevail.

Think the PvP equivalent of the Fel Reaver in Hellfire Peninsula.
    Last edited by Levaustian; 2019-01-07 at 05:39 PM.

Deleted
    The @SirCowdog opinion is a very good one.
    He makes a point you know, even though i disagree with scaling.

His change promotes PvP to be played instead of being avoided.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Levaustian View Post
    I don't consider it griefing, I feel it adds immersion to the world (and I say this as someone who has gotten ganked on lowbies more times than I can count).
    There will always be big bads out there in the dangerous war torn world that you have no chance of beating, but one day you might be strong enough to prevail.

Think the PvP equivalent of the Fel Reaver in Hellfire Peninsula.
    Completely agree with you BUT i believe there should be repercussions to people who do this.
    A prison system or something with RPG elements.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowpunkz View Post
    The @SirCowdog opinion is a very good one.
    He makes a point you know, even though i disagree with scaling.

His change promotes PvP to be played instead of being avoided.
    Nothing wrong with his opinion in general, it just doesn't fit to this games genre. The system he proposes doesn't work though and only creates problems without actually solving the thing he wants.

Heck having a fair fight (or so called "fighting chance") doesn't even happen with people of the same level, some classes are just way stronger than others at certain level ranges and we've seen how good downscaling works with enchants, gear, etc. in TW dungeons.

Its literally wanting non-RPG element to RPG game all the while causing hundreds of problems instead of using the actual solution that is there all the time.

Completely agree with you BUT i believe there should be repercussions to people who do this.
    How about a perpetual bounty and a disabled hearthstone until you get to a capital.

Deleted
    Nothing wrong with his opinion in general, it just doesn't fit to this games genre. The system he proposes doesn't work though and only creates problems without actually solving the thing he wants.

Heck having a fair fight (or so called "fighting chance") doesn't even happen with people of the same level, some classes are just way stronger than others at certain level ranges and we've seen how good downscaling works with enchants, gear, etc. in TW dungeons.

Its literally wanting non-RPG element to RPG game all the while causing hundreds of problems instead of using the actual solution that is there all the time.
    Yeah i agree

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Levaustian View Post
    How about a perpetual bounty and a disabled hearthstone until you get to a capital.
    The problem is that the punishment cant give "fun gameplay".
    It must be ruthless like Black Desert Online.

And we all know Blizzard is never ruthless towards its players...which is a shame.

In Black Desert Online you are sent to prison for 30/50/60 min depending on how bad you were.
    Guards in cities attack you
    You can be attacked by everyone.

Its ruthless.

Yes, they should. It's been this way since I've started and has never been more than a nuisance for more than a few minutes, even on previously PvP realms. Now it's completely optional to take part, so if you don't want to risk getting ganked, don't toggle war mode - simple.

What next? Nerf fixed level mob zones and make the entire world scale because you walked into Twilight Highlands from Wetlands at level 25 on your first playthrough and died to a level ?? mob?

If Blizzard felt punitive measures for ganking were required then it should have been done prior to Warmode where PvP servers had no choice outside of rolling on a new realm to opt out. Adding it now when it's perfectly possible to opt out would frankly be a bizzare timing for it.

If punitive measures were ever to be implemented (god forbid) then I'd be heavily advocating for the increased XP to be removed from Warmode until level 110 since there's then so little risk for such a heavy reward.

Can’t you just turn off WM....problem solved