Page 69 of 89 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    "We have the lowest and best employment numbers ever"

... what?

Quote Originally Posted by Molis View Post
    Where the fuck are my State Senators Harris and Feinstein?

I demand a resolution for the missed face mask that would have put the Rams at first and goal with 5 minutes to play

Feinstein is probably taking her Alzheimer's medication and Harris is busy pretending we're going to elect First-Term-Senator-nonWhite-Woman-Robocop as President in 2020.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Bucks01 View Post
    Watched for 5 seconds. I can't ever handle it. He can hardly form a coherent thought.
    Same. He needs to be put in a home, not in charge of the nuclear arsenal.

So after that long bizarre ramble he promised to close the government again on Feb 15 in closing.

How awful of a person do you have to be to get on television and somehow offend 6 senses of the human body.

This is like an episode of Hoarders; except instead of the trash and dead cats it's words being molested, mangled, and mashed into sentence structure that feels like it came out of a Bulworth ad lib book you buy at a presidential gift shop.

There's just no words in any human language on this earth for the amount of methane being piped through my television set.

It's raw power. In the form of bullshit.
    "It's 2013 and I still view the internet on a 560x192 resolution monitor!"

Quote Originally Posted by Xeones View Post
    "We have the lowest and best employment numbers ever"

... what?
    I had a chuckle at that one. President Postliterate Bestwords strikes again.

Trump caved, awesome.

He didn't get his wall and the idiot is still trying to claim victory.

ok dumb question what happens if in 3 weeks trump gets given a long term budget with no wall funding and just doesn't do anything with it. Doesn't veto it but doesn't sign it ether?

Quote Originally Posted by Xeones View Post
    So after that long bizarre ramble he promised to close the government again on Feb 15 in closing.
    Kind of reminds of those movies where the hero defeats the villain. And while the villain is running away he's shouting back, "I shall return! You haven't seen the last of me!".

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Canpinter View Post
    ok dumb question what happens if in 3 weeks trump gets given a long term budget with no wall funding and just doesn't do anything with it. Doesn't veto it but doesn't sign it ether?
    It's called a Pocket Veto, which is the same as a normal veto.

Quote Originally Posted by Canpinter View Post
    Just another type of veto.

Quote Originally Posted by Zaktar View Post
    if it has a veto proof majority does it go into effect even without him doing anything tho?

So did anyone write down the directions that he said the human traffickers take to get into the US?

I heard him say they take a few lefts and a few rights and they're in the middle of the desert in the US. You'd figure if we knew the directions they took that it would be easy for CBP to pick them up, and I at least wanted to know myself : /

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh my God... even I can't bring myself to sit through the NFC Championship game discussion.
    /s

https://twitter.com/TomthunkitsMind/...50098646167552

"House Speaker Nancy Pelosi and Senate Minority Leader Chuck Schumer responded to President Donald Trump’s Oval Office address, stating, “We don't govern by temper tantrum.” "

Fucking savage.

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    So did anyone write down the directions that he said the human traffickers take to get into the US?

I heard him say they take a few lefts and a few rights and they're in the middle of the desert in the US. You'd figure if we knew the directions they took that it would be easy for CBP to pick them up, and I at least wanted to know myself : /
    He is going to tell us... just like he told us his brilliant secret plan to take down ISIS.
    Or it was just a brainfart from a moron who doesn't know what he's talking about. We'll never know.

Quote Originally Posted by Hobb View Post
    Kind of reminds of those movies where the hero defeats the villain. And while the villain is running away he's shouting back, "I shall return! You haven't seen the last of me!".
    "And if it wasn't for you meddling Dems I'd have my wall!"

Quote Originally Posted by Zaktar View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Hobb View Post
    It's called a Pocket Veto, which is the same as a normal veto.

Not accurate. If the President doesn't sign the bill, it automatically becomes law after 10 days. The President has to explicitly veto (or pocket veto, see below) things put on his desk, or it becomes law.

A Pocket Veto is if he does that at the end of the Congressional Session (the end of a 2 year term), and there are not 10 days left in it. For example if there are 9 days left in the Congressional session when he gets the bill and he refuses to sign it, it's a pocket veto because 10 days will not elapse to make it law.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/polit...=.261bfe10247f

President Trump has a new favorite anecdote, one that fixates on tape.

Specifically, in public remarks at the White House, at the border and at farming conventions, the president has been talking about tape on the mouths of migrant women. On at least eight occasions over a period of 12 days this month, the president has argued publicly for his proposed wall on the southern border by claiming without evidence that traffickers tie up and silence women with tape before illegally driving them through the desert from Mexico to the United States in the backs of cars and windowless vans.

In Trump’s telling, the adhesive is sometimes blue tape. Other times it is electrical tape or duct tape.

In some instances, the descriptions are more salacious and graphic. “Human trafficking — grabbing women, in particular — and children, but women — taping them up, wrapping tape around their mouths so they can’t shout or scream, tying up their hands behind their back and even their legs and putting them in a back seat of a car or a van — three, four, five, six, seven at a time,” the president said in the Cabinet Room on Jan. 11. (A timeline of the president’s taped-women remarks appears below.)

“I think his statements are completely divorced from reality,” said Ashley Huebner, associate director of legal services at the National Immigrant Justice Center. “That’s not a fact pattern that we see.”

“I have no idea the roots of it,” said Edna Yang, assistant executive director of American Gateways, a Texas-based immigration legal services and advocacy nonprofit. “I haven’t seen a case like that.”
    So in Trumps random, unscripted few minutes talking about women being taped up and thrown into vans that turn left, then right, then left again then left again and then right, he continues to talk about something that human trafficking experts don't understand. Because it's literally not happening that way at all.

So yet another thing we can add to the nearly endless list of, "Shit Trump doesn't understand at all but will talk about at length as if he's an expert."

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Vanyali View Post
    https://twitter.com/TomthunkitsMind/...50098646167552

"House Speaker Nancy Pelosi and Senate Minority Leader Chuck Schumer responded to President Donald Trump’s Oval Office address, stating, “We don't govern by temper tantrum.” "

Fucking savage.
    That's from his Oval Office address, not today's.

Quote Originally Posted by Skroe View Post
    Not accurate. If the President doesn't sign the bill, it automatically becomes law after 10 days. The President has to explicitly veto (or pocket veto, see below) things put on his desk, or it becomes law.

A Pocket Veto is if he does that at the end of the Congressional Session (the end of a 2 year term), and there are not 10 days left in it. For example if there are 9 days left in the Congressional session when he gets the bill and he refuses to sign it, it's a pocket veto because 10 days will not elapse to make it law.
    Learn something new every day, thanks!

Dear chumpkins, have you gotten a single thing you've wanted from Trump? lol

Quote Originally Posted by beanman12345 View Post
    Dear chumpkins, have you gotten a single thing you've wanted from Trump? lol
    At this point Trump could just lie that the wall is complete and they would believe him.