Question Voidwalker in dungeons for AOE because no pet threat?

Maybe it’s because I’m leveling a lot of alts and therefore am seeing a lot of learning players, but... I’m seeing a lot of VWs in dungeons for what I assume is for now-threatless AOE damage?

Pet threat powers turn off by default in dungeons, so is the VW as baseline useful for damage as all the other pets now? This may sound dumb but I’d really like that because my main warlock is a “void concept” and none of the other pets aesthetically fit so I usually just sac a felhunter for the interrupt.

Are these people just new or is there a value to VW/VL in LFD-level content?

It does more AoE (and less ST/priority) but personally I would be annoyed at anyone who sacrifices utility for Voidy once you get to say mythic dungeon level (yes including the purge). Do whatever during levelling of course. However, saying that it's because I main demo in dungeons and it's frustrating watching your team die and being able to do nothing in time as you do not have a proper interrupt.

Just for the record not all "threat powers" are automatically turned off in dungeons. The Felguard's generation is not (at least it wasn't before 8.1, some just said it may be fixed). Are both Blueberry ones switched off?
    Last edited by SpikeySquad; 2019-01-08 at 01:07 PM.

Deleted
    You may be doing slightly more damage in aoe situations with VW but having an extra Purge and an Interrupt in the group is just too useful.

You mentioned it's lower level, so it might be they just don't really know pet roles yet. But I suspect they "heard somewhere" that it's better AOE damage. Personally in my opinion very few players play at a level where that would even make a difference, certainly not worth skipping utility, as has already been mentioned.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by SpikeySquad View Post
    Just for the record not all "threat powers" are automatically turned off in dungeons. The Felguard's generation is not (at least it wasn't before 8.1, some just said it may be fixed). Are both Blueberry ones switched off?
    It's just the actual taunt. Pets generate threat at a normal rate. Tank-type pets with a taunt have their auto-taunt toggled off in dungeons and raids.