Page 1 of 13
... LastLast

WM is too lucrative! 30%

That's why you have so many people who have it enable complaining about it. That's why you're constantly hearing people bitch and complain about getting ganked. Figured that was pretty obvious.

Idk about other areas in the world but where I am, Alliance has a constant 30% leveling buff since the changes to it. If you want people who complain about warmode out of warmode, tell Blizzard to not make it stupidly lucrative. 30% exp + 5% form the JC gem puts you at 35% exp bonus. That's 10% less than a set of heirlooms. Of course people are going to turn it on, they'd be crazy not to. I personally wouldn't level without Heirlooms and since they wait for several patches to turn heirlooms on for the current expansion, why wouldn't someone have it on if they were leveling? Hell even when they enable heirlooms for BFA that's STILL and extra 30% for leveling on top of your heirlooms.

Warmode should only be there for people that WANT to be there. IE people who want to sit around and camp each other all day. There shouldn't be incentive for people to turn it on other than they enjoy pvp. Does that mean there will be way less people in WM? Duh. Will it be harder to balance? Yep. Yet those are things they should have thought about before taking away pvp servers. When it was 10% flat bonus it was helpful, but nothing major. When you nearly make it equal to an heirloom set however, you're doing it wrong. If you want to argue they don't 'force' you into WM that's fine. Delete your heirloom gear and never use it or don't because you'd be stupid to do that just like you'd be stupid to pass up on the 30% exp.

For most people leveling is a means to an end, something you have to do in order to do the end game content. The first time you do it, you may listen to all the quests for the story but after that you just want to get it done.

Edit: I know this argument is stronger from the Alliance point of view. Seeing as if you're Horde you get a measly 10% since it has to do with 'faction balance.'
    Last edited by Nuggsy; 2019-01-09 at 12:41 AM.
    "Honor, young heroes. No matter how dire the battle, never forsake it."
    Varok Saurfang

15+ Year Old Account
    Yes, it's great! I am really enjoying my 30% permanent buff to XP!

I mean it did it's job, it got me to turn WM on and I don't regret it.
    Here is something to believe in!

Heirloom gear has no downside. Warmode does.

I have 10 characters at 120. I turned off warmode after the first. For the most recent, I turned it back on and it's great fun. Because the 30% means that a lot of alliance have turned it on, there is enough mass of people engaging in wpvp that horde can't freely bank without any resistance at all. I don't find warmode fun when I have no chance to fight back. I love it when fights go back and fourth.

Thus, increasing the bonus thereby increasing the mass of alliance players in the mode have directly led to the mode becoming enjoyable for me to engage in again. Sounds like it's working exactly as intended to me. The experience of warmode when vastly outnumbered vs. with people from both sides around is entirely different.

Yeah ive been power leveling alliance characters because of it. Pretty damn amazing.
    Originally Posted by Tradewind
    Well yeah, did you see the daughter? 0/10, would not bang.

Twisting Nether Realm here and i still can't find all this mass pvp

Quote Originally Posted by Nuggsy View Post
    That's why you have so many people who have it enable complaining about it. That's why you're constantly hearing people bitch and complain about getting ganked. Figured that was pretty obvious.

Idk about other areas in the world but where I am, Alliance has a constant 30% leveling buff since the changes to it. If you want people who complain about warmode out of warmode, tell Blizzard to not make it stupidly lucrative. 30% exp + 5% form the JC gem puts you at 35% exp bonus. That's 10% less than a set of heirlooms. Of course people are going to turn it on, they'd be crazy not to. I personally wouldn't level without Heirlooms and since they wait for several patches to turn heirlooms on for the current expansion, why wouldn't someone have it on if they were leveling? Hell even when they enable heirlooms for BFA that's STILL and extra 30% for leveling on top of your heirlooms.

Warmode should only be there for people that WANT to be there. IE people who want to sit around and camp each other all day. There shouldn't be incentive for people to turn it on other than they enjoy pvp. Does that mean there will be way less people in WM? Duh. Will it be harder to balance? Yep. Yet those are things they should have thought about before taking away pvp servers. When it was 10% flat bonus it was helpful, but nothing major. When you nearly make it equal to an heirloom set however, you're doing it wrong. If you want to argue they don't 'force' you into WM that's fine. Delete your heirloom gear and never use it or don't because you'd be stupid to do that just like you'd be stupid to pass up on the 30% exp.

For most people leveling is a means to an end, something you have to do in order to do the end game content. The first time you do it, you may listen to all the quests for the story but after that you just want to get it done.

Edit: I know this argument is stronger from the Alliance point of view. Seeing as if you're Horde you get a measly 10% since it has to do with 'faction balance.'
    Disagree fully.

PvP servers have always been Horde favored. WM only exacerbated the issue by adding in more PvE Horde who could safely join the zerg with zero risk and small bonus. An incentive is absolutely necessary to correct the imbalance. And furthermore, no one was enjoying WPvP prior to the buff because there wasn't even enough people for PvP to occur in the first place.

Sure the buffs are nice..but you gotta factor in that you will most likely get farmed *how much is depends on your server..etc*
    Having WMO, you have nobody constantly trying to farm you, thus questing and lvl'ing will be net you less exp

WM=more exp but getting farmed.
    WMO=less exp and not getting camped by the opposite faction. Who knows..maybe it equals out, depending on the amount of other faction players at the time.
    Even though i play from China, there are still asshats that have nothing better to do than camp lvl'ing players.
    The hunter hoe with the least beloe.

Quote Originally Posted by Khaza-R View Post
    Disagree fully.

PvP servers have always been Horde favored. WM only exacerbated the issue by adding in more PvE Horde who could safely join the zerg with zero risk and small bonus. An incentive is absolutely necessary to correct the imbalance. And furthermore, no one was enjoying WPvP prior to the buff because there wasn't even enough people for PvP to occur in the first place.
    Just because people have it on and just people people are playing doesn't mean they enjoy it. Wpvp is awful because it's not pvp at all. It's ganking lowbies and camping flight paths. The only people that enjoy that are sad internet trolls. Before they buffed it you really didn't need to worry about having it on if you were someone who dislikes pvp but now they tell you can have an heirloom set and of course you're going to turn it on. Of course it's going to attract people who hate pvp let lone the lowbie gank fest that is WM.
    Varok Saurfang

Deleted
    It's certainly lucrative. Leveling a bunch of alliance characters, barely see any horde and the ones you do see tend to just ignore you. I've gotten almost 4 levels in BFA content without rested and I'm nowhere close to finishing the first zone, it's absurd.

Quote Originally Posted by Nagassh View Post
    It's certainly lucrative. Leveling a bunch of alliance characters, barely see any horde and the ones you do see tend to just ignore you. I've gotten almost 4 levels in BFA content without rested and I'm nowhere close to finishing the first zone, it's absurd.
    Player camping does seem to be the highest during incursions. T.T
    The hunter hoe with the least beloe.

Quote Originally Posted by Jetzu View Post
    Twisting Nether Realm here and i still can't find all this mass pvp
    I'm on moonguard and have zones to myself. Great for farming old world stuff!

The only time I have issues is when the shitty pvpers just go to low level zones to kill people because they cant pvp against level 120s

Just because people have it on and just people people are playing doesn't mean they enjoy it. Wpvp is awful because it's not pvp at all. It's ganking lowbies and camping flight paths. The only people that enjoy that are sad internet trolls. Before they buffed it you really didn't need to worry about having it on if you were someone who dislikes pvp but now they tell you can have an heirloom set and of course you're going to turn it on. Of course it's going to attract people who hate pvp let lone the lowbie gank fest that is WM.
    Doesn't matter. Its a trade off. If you don't like it, don't use it.

Quote Originally Posted by Lemonpartyfan View Post
    Doesn't matter. Its a trade off. If you don't like it, don't use it.
    Okay, delete any and all heirlooms you have and level with the flat rate for the rest of your time playing wow.

If you're a legit pvper you should want to be put up against other legit pvpers. Sorry but that stupidly high exp incentive is attracting non pvpers to warmode and it makes the game less enjoyable for them and the people that are above lowbie farming.
    Last edited by Nuggsy; 2019-01-09 at 01:49 AM.
    Varok Saurfang

Okay, delete any and all heirlooms you have and level with the flat rate for the rest of your time playing wow.
    No?

10chars

Agreed. I have WM on for the 30%, but I really don't think there should be any incentive for WM other than actually wanting to be a WPvP degenerate. Of course that'll never happen, because WPvP degenerates rely on there being a steady supply of people who don't actually want to WPvP, otherwise they might actually have to engage in somewhat fair fights.
    Tradushuffle
    <Echoes>
    Laughing Skull-EU

No?

10chars
    Well then you're going to have to deal with the fact that people are going to complain about shit tier gankers in WM? People aren't going to pass 30% leveling. When it was 10% that 'don't like it, turn it off argument' might have worked but when the incentive is that high, people who hate pvp are going to use it just to get leveling done and I don't see how flooding WM with people who hate pvp helps anything.
    Varok Saurfang

Well then you're going to have to deal with the fact that people are going to complain about shit tier gankers in WM? People aren't going to pass 30% leveling. When it was 10% that 'don't like it, turn it off argument' might have worked but when the incentive is that high, people who hate pvp are going to use it just to get leveling done and I don't see how flooding WM with people who hate pvp helps anything.
    Then I will keep telling them to get over it, or opt-out.

Quote Originally Posted by Nagassh View Post
    I hit 120 just after the first zone + 1 assault + the Three foothold chain quests
    OMG 13:37 - Then Jesus said to His disciples, "Cleave unto me, and I shall grant to thee the blessing of eternal salvation."

And His disciples said unto Him, "Can we get Kings instead?"

Then I will keep telling them to get over it, or opt-out.
    Seems like the response of a child, but I suppose the internet allows for such things.
    Varok Saurfang