Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Fugus View Post
    Gets annoying to go for a day only to come back and trying to get caught up, it is 5 pages and I just ignore it all because it is trolls trying to derail but for some reason, everyone keeps feeding them. Like, if you would just stop responding to them, they might go away or at least post less.

Just have everyone with a signature like mine to remind everyone and move on.
    I don't really get your objection to Dacien and Sulla, but it's possible that I missed something. Shalcker though... whew. I don't know if that dude is legitimately a paid Russian operative, but he's literally indistinguishable from one. People that compulsively reply to him are doing it wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Spectral View Post
    I don't really get your objection to Dacien and Sulla, but it's possible that I missed something. Shalcker though... whew. I don't know if that dude is legitimately a paid Russian operative, but he's literally indistinguishable from one. People that compulsively reply to him are doing it wrong.
    My problem is they aren't debating in good faith, they are going out of their way to troll and derail a thread and the forum seems to be full of alzheimer's patient who keep feeding them.

They aren't debating in good faith and willingly go out of their way to lie, misrepresent facts, and NOT know how things work. And it sucks logging in after a few hours or a day or so and trying to get caught up and basically skipping over 5+ pages of links and everything else because all of it is just a back and forth between a bad faith poster and a bunch of alzheimers patents feeding them.

Don't know if there is anything new in those posts or in those links because I am about 90% sure that it is mainly repeating the same stuff we have repeated over and over again and already know. And I don't skip all the posts, just the ones from them and the responses to them which still constitutes basically 95% of the posts in those section.
    Since we can't call out Trolls and Bad Faith posters and the Ignore function doesn't actually ignore it. Add
    "mmo-champion.com##li.postbitignored"
    to your ublock or adblock filter to actually ignore ignored posters. Now just need a way to ignore responses to them as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Fugus View Post
    My problem is they aren't debating in good faith, they are going out of their way to troll and derail a thread and the forum seems to be full of alzheimer's patient who keep feeding them.

They aren't debating in good faith and willingly go out of their way to lie, misrepresent facts, and NOT know how things work. And it sucks logging in after a few hours or a day or so and trying to get caught up and basically skipping over 5+ pages of links and everything else because all of it is just a back and forth between a bad faith poster and a bunch of alzheimers patents feeding them.

Don't know if there is anything new in those posts or in those links because I am about 90% sure that it is mainly repeating the same stuff we have repeated over and over again and already know. And I don't skip all the posts, just the ones from them and the responses to them which still constitutes basically 95% of the posts in those section.
    I don't know, I guess this must be an eye of the beholder thing or I just don't read those threads or something. That's not what I see with those two.

Litterally everything Dacien posted was in extraordinarily bad faith. To a degree, the vulgar bad faith posting of Sulla and the like is actually preferring. Dacien though played this role of being this fair minded individual, open to be engaged, but really, when you cornered him he ignored it, or just lied. It was all a game to rile people up. He gave the game away when it looked like (for a moment) Republicans might get out of the 2018 Midterms in alright shape. It's no surprise he fled the scene about two weeks later.

Shalcker though... I'll say it again. I've talked to the mods about him. He is only around because they don't know what to do with him. Basically their form of containment is "let him post anything he wants", because they're concerned if they perm ban him, he'll just re-enter on a new account and obscure himself via a proxy. The fact he is still able to post here, five years after his Ukraine propaganda spree not in the least, is like the scandal of forum moderation.

The root of it - and I just accept it at this point - is the powers that be here at MMO-C evidently are content with completely ignoring how forums have come to be moderated over the past 15 years in direct result to people like Sulla, Dacien and Shalcker. They're stuck in a like a 2005 mode of internet moderation.

I've warned them too, they got a really dark period coming up. If Donald Trump is removed from office and arrested, it is going to be really bad around here. If Donald Trump is exonerated by Mueller, it is going to be really bad around here. They're not remotely ready for it.

Quote Originally Posted by Skroe View Post
    Litterally everything Dacien posted was in extraordinarily bad faith. To a degree, the vulgar bad faith posting of Sulla and the like is actually preferring. Dacien though played this role of being this fair minded individual, open to be engaged, but really, when you cornered him he ignored it, or just lied. It was all a game to rile people up. He gave the game away when it looked like (for a moment) Republicans might get out of the 2018 Midterms in alright shape. It's no surprise he fled the scene about two weeks later.
    I'm going to defer to you and @Fugus here because you're both a lot more engaged in the threads those guys would likely frequent than I am and I trust both of you to have good judgment about what's genuine disagreement and what's bad faith. Like I said, I haven't really seen it, but me not really seeing something doesn't mean that much.
    Quote Originally Posted by Skroe View Post
    Shalcker though... I'll say it again. I've talked to the mods about him. He is only around because they don't know what to do with him. Basically their form of containment is "let him post anything he wants", because they're concerned if they perm ban him, he'll just re-enter on a new account and obscure himself via a proxy. The fact he is still able to post here, five years after his Ukraine propaganda spree not in the least, is like the scandal of forum moderation.

The root of it - and I just accept it at this point - is the powers that be here at MMO-C evidently are content with completely ignoring how forums have come to be moderated over the past 15 years in direct result to people like Sulla, Dacien and Shalcker. They're stuck in a like a 2005 mode of internet moderation.

I've warned them too, they got a really dark period coming up. If Donald Trump is removed from office and arrested, it is going to be really bad around here. If Donald Trump is exonerated by Mueller, it is going to be really bad around here. They're not remotely ready for it.
    Yeah, the forum is heavily moderated based on the old standard of "just be polite" with very little emphasis on whether someone's even remotely attempting to engage in honesty. There's a lot wrong when noticing that Shalcker is an obvious troll will get people infracted due to the "don't mention trolling" policy while Shalcker just endlessly shilling in a fashion that's hard to believe is remotely genuine is considered acceptable. Given that it's still a fairly high traffic forum, I suspect that you'd be right about a coming cataclysm regardless of the specific Mueller outcome.

I'm going to defer to you and @Fugus here because you're both a lot more engaged in the threads those guys would likely frequent than I am and I trust both of you to have good judgment about what's genuine disagreement and what's bad faith. Like I said, I haven't really seen it, but me not really seeing something doesn't mean that much.
    I'll offer a comparison. Back in the pre-Trump era, I used to argue a lot with Wells, ringpriest and a few others. I NEVER thought any of them were posting in bad faith. I thought they were completely wrong for one reason or another (at the time), but I never doubted their sincerity.

This Trump defenders though? Since evidently Tujiana is DocSavageFan, I wouldn't be surprised if in fact, many of them aren't 'people' at all, just costumes for a smaller subset of forum miscreants.

Yeah, the forum is heavily moderated based on the old standard of "just be polite" with very little emphasis on whether someone's even remotely attempting to engage in honesty. There's a lot wrong when noticing that Shalcker is an obvious troll will get people infracted due to the "don't mention trolling" policy while Shalcker just endlessly shilling in a fashion that's hard to believe is remotely genuine is considered acceptable. Given that it's still a fairly high traffic forum, I suspect that you'd be right about a coming cataclysm regardless of the specific Mueller outcome.
    It's ridiculous, but I've talked to them a lot about it. The problem is that most of the mods hover over the forum at great altitude and as a result, barely can identify the problems at hand.

They're honestly more concerned with spambots getting through their filter and posting a few spam threads than the burner account phenomenon.

Part of it also may be the forum software. I believe the MMO-Champ forums run on vBulletin4. That's ancient. On other forums with more modern software, you can just click on a user name, see the IP, then match that IP to any name that's ever logged on. Makes finding burner accounts' uttermost source easy.

Herald of the Titans DocSavageFan's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    I have some bad news for you and your apparent boner for Ginsburg's death.

https://www.cnn.com/2019/01/11/polit...ery/index.html

She'll be fine, and she'll probably still outlive Trump and a chunk of the current SCOTUS bench.
    Major surgery at her age is very risky. I hope she'll be fine.
    "Never get on the bad side of small minded people who have a little power." - Evelyn (Gifted)

Quote Originally Posted by DocSavageFan View Post
    Major surgery at her age is very risky. I hope she'll be fine.
    She is, they didn't discover any cancer. Sorry to you, Graham, and other Republicans salivating at the prospect of her death and the potential to stack the courts with activist conservative judges.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    She is, they didn't discover any cancer. Sorry to you, Graham, and other Republicans salivating at the prospect of her death and the potential to stack the courts with activist conservative judges.
    I'm not salivating her death. I just happen to think that she doesn't have a lot of time left...as she's very old and has lung cancer. But that said...I'm truly glad to hear that she's recovering well.
    "Never get on the bad side of small minded people who have a little power." - Evelyn (Gifted)

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    That's just it, she doesn't have lung cancer. That's what the surgery was all about, getting rid of it.
    I hope you're right...that this was indeed the primary cancer and not related to her earlier bout with Pancreatic cancer.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    Her doctors said she’s cancer free, as per a statement from the SCOTUS. I’ll go with doctors over hopes and prayers.
    False dichotomy is false dichotomy. But hey, I'll give your weak back handed insult a C- for effort.