Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Holofernes View Post
    a lot of animals do it for several month every winter. i even read the linked article, the guy who did it had absolutely no problem with it. (he went out like 10 days early because the other guy gave him a good part of the money for him stopping the experiment, because he felt he would have to pay the whole 100 k otherwise)

its a nice sabbatical from hectic life, and the thought of chilling /meditating / thinkin over life, a month alone in darkness wouldnt scare me at all.

i even did kind of something similar because of love sickness after a 7 year relationship failed, but not to this extemes.
    The guy literally was hallucinating. Just because one person can doesn't mean another can. Also the final 10 days can make a difference from a mental toll. Finally, the fact that the guy even spoke to him negated the challenge. He was not in total isolation for 30 days. He had human contact after 10.

If I had food and weights, I would just workout eat and sleep in the dark. Eventually you would adapt to understand the space around you even without light.

I don't know if i'd survive 30 days, but i know full well my left arm would be the size of the rocks, and my right arm the size of peewee herman's, and the walls would look like a bomb had gone off in a mayo factory

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by De Lupe View Post
    The boredom would fuck me up more than the isolation. Boredom is torture. Wouldn't last a week.
    But you know when you are getting out and the amount of money waiting for you. You can live a fun life for a year.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

There would be no TV, radio, phone or access to the outside world but he would be allowed some comforts: a yoga mat, resistance band, massage ball, and, appropriately for a bathroom, lavender essential oils as well as a sugar and salt scrub.
    Lol, wtf sort of pampered metrosexual bullshit is this.

10+ Year Old Account
    Perception: Day 28. I'm almost there. I can feel it! It's been a struggle but I'm excited to be free.

Reality: 2 hours have gone by
    Gaming: Dual Intel Pentium III Coppermine @ 1400mhz + Blue Orb | Asus CUV266-D | GeForce 2 Ti + ZF700-Cu | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 | Whistler Build 2267
    Media: Dual Intel Drake Xeon @ 600mhz | Intel Marlinspike MS440GX | Matrox G440 | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 @ 166mhz | Windows 2000 Pro

IT'S ALWAYS BEEN WANKERSHIM | Did you mean: Fhqwhgads
    "Three days on a tree. Hardly enough time for a prelude. When it came to visiting agony, the Romans were hobbyists." -Mab

Quote Originally Posted by CerealLord View Post
    The guy literally was hallucinating. Just because one person can doesn't mean another can. Also the final 10 days can make a difference from a mental toll. Finally, the fact that the guy even spoke to him negated the challenge. He was not in total isolation for 30 days. He had human contact after 10.
    u can speak to yourself for example if u miss human contact. and hallucinating is not a problem, its a normal thing when u are in the dark for longer times. its nothing dangerous, or something to be afraid of, its just something that you learn to deal with, it often happens to divers.

10+ Year Old Account
    it is impossible to do it AND leave the room as healthy as before you entered. anyone says otherwise is either e-peening or delusional.
    war does not determine who is right, only who is left.

Could I? Yes Would I? Probably not.

I'd have to ask a doctor what the implications for permanent damage were but other than that I'd give it a go.

Quote Originally Posted by Huntermyth View Post
    it is impossible to do it AND leave the room as healthy as before you entered. anyone says otherwise is either e-peening or delusional.
    Or deaf and blind and have lived x amount of years without either of those stimulus.

Quote Originally Posted by Celista View Post
    Lol, wtf sort of pampered metrosexual bullshit is this.
    I guess when you're losing one of your senses for a month, getting some nice smelling stuff would be good

Quote Originally Posted by Huntermyth View Post
    Please. It's 30 days, all of your creature comforts are met beyond talking to other people. Get real. It is not analogous to the effect of solitary confinement for prisoners, as there are multiple conditions that are different here.

Deleted
    Well the article mentions the guy has already done the challenge, did 20 days and took a 62.5k payout instead (the guy on the other end got scared he would make it so he offered him an early get-out deal)

They should have made it total sensory deprivation, and bet on how long he could stay sane.

Bathtub, daily restaurants food delivery and 100k for smallish space and no light? Count me in right now, just for relaxing in bathtub; no light is a bonus to that part even.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    True, I was just bored and tired but you are correct.

Last edited by Thwart; Today at 05:21 PM. Reason: Infracted for flaming
    Quote Originally Posted by epigramx View Post
    millennials were the kids of the 9/11 survivors.

Quote Originally Posted by Holofernes View Post
    I guess i would sleep a lot. if toilet, meals and drinks are beeing cared for, i dont see a problem with it.
    You obviously never even thought about what 30 days of absolute nothingness would be.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Celista View Post
    Please. It's 30 days, all of your creature comforts are met beyond talking to other people. Get real. It is not analogous to the effect of solitary confinement for prisoners, as there are multiple conditions that are different here.
    whatever you say chief. i wish you never have to see if you are right or wrong in the future.
    war does not determine who is right, only who is left.

10+ Year Old Account
    Survive? Sure, unless you commit suicide. But that would cause some serious brain damage, not to mention hurting your eyes.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by PACOX View Post
    But you know when you are getting out and the amount of money waiting for you. You can live a fun life for a year.
    Don't care. I can be alone forever as long as I have something to distract me. Boredom would kill me. A few hours without something to do is enough for my cabin fever to hit me. There is a very real chance I would start painting the walls with my blood after a month.
    US - Eitrigg - <Bank Space is Magic>
    Delupi, Amoora, Jisu, Beahru, Rusa, Yeun, Neralyis, Usii, Razzil, Zaramja, Oshaz, Shawnie, Iziss, Gearsi(A)