Poll: For $1,000,000 million U.S Dollars which of the three would you agree to use for 1yr?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    As someone with a steel bladder, the outhouse wouldn't be too much of a hurt for me, of course it'll be the year I no doubt have multiple stomach bugs and the runs.
    I have eaten all the popcorn, I left none for anyone else.

Quote Originally Posted by Gehco View Post
    Easily done as long as I don't have to pay feed, stable, care and insurances for the Horses.
    If you got a billion dollars then you could pay for that

lol sign me up. Horse and carriage. I live a 10 minute walk from my job and 5 minutes from town. I wouldn't even use it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Easy. Horse and carriage. I have little need for a car or horse. Everything is quite close. I'd just sell the horse and carriage right away.

And being without a car for 1 year is something I've done already, when I was diagnosed with epilepsy. Had to go for that long without seizures to get driving ban off my ass. I could do it again, especially now. It sucked back then, as things like markets were further away than they are now.
    Quote Originally Posted by SpaghettiMonk View Post
    And again, let’s presume equity in schools is achievable. Then why should a parent read to a child?

Lamplight, with no question.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Butler Log View Post
    If you got a billion dollars then you could pay for that
    But I don't, I would get a million according to the thread. Haha. Horses ain't cheap.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Quote Originally Posted by Gehco View Post
    But I don't, I would get a million according to the thread. Haha. Horses ain't cheap.
    5 grand would get you stabling for the horse and a place to put the cart overnight for the year /shrug

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Butler Log View Post
    5 grand would get you stabling for the horse and a place to put the cart overnight for the year /shrug
    A bit more here, then comes the other things. Haha. I'd just take the cart option, sell the horses and walk.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    I could deal with any of them but I would choose the lamp as long as it doesn't extend to TV and PC usage. The deciding factor is cold weather.

Lamp, couldn’t survive without the other two.

Outhouse, because who cares where I'm squatting to take a shit? It's the place where comfort matters the least and I spend the least amount of time. I need my car and electricity but I can drop a deuce just about anywhere.

For $1,000,000 million, i’d use all three.

The horse one is way more maintenance and hassle, you have to feed the horse, take care of it, potentially eating a lot of your time per day. Also you need special license to use it in modern traffic, also I believe many modern cities don't even allow them in most parts of the City.

Outhouse is easy, many still use those today. Have used them myself, even on winter. Easy task.

The light part is even easier... just buy candles once in a while.

Outhouse is probably the easiest and requires less maintenance than others.

For such huge amount of money, these practically regular everyday tasks people do today.

10+ Year Old Account
    Horse and Carriage cause I work from home and would have my shit delivered at that point so I just wouldn't go anywhere for a year for $1m xd.

OP must have had a real easy life if he considers doing any of these 3 things for a year is any sort of challenge at all.
    “The biggest communication problem is we do not listen to understand. We listen to reply,” Stephen Covey.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    I guess horse and carriage. Just leave it at the farm and let the horses roam with the cows and horse. Come back in a year to return the horse and carriage.

Outhouses are no fun in the Canadian winter and people don't like chamber pots these days. We have an outhouse at my Cottage that we pretty much only use in the cold months as water freezes in a none heated building so toilets don't work. You do not wanna wake up in the middle of the night and have to walk in -20 weather to take a shit.

I could also do candle light as my computer screen and cell phones provide enough light to do things anyways.

If you got the money up front then this wouldn't be a problem at all as you could use it to live off of. The other option is to quit your job and live off of credit till you get paid to make it easier. All in all wouldn't be hard to do any of the three as you can just live at home for the year.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by draynay View Post
    I love lamp
    I love lamp
    "It's not what we don't know that gets us into trouble; it's what we know for sure that just ain't so." ~ Mark Twain
    "The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time" ~ Jesus of Nazareth
    "把它放在我的屁股,爸爸" ~ Dalai Lama

Quote Originally Posted by X Amadeus X View Post

"Lamplight, after dark you weren't allowed to use any conventional light of the modern age for anything else."

Does this include light from monitors?

Looking at the count of comments from the OP, I might assume he's a an attention seeker or mentally disabled. This post is shit mate

1,000,000 or 1,000,000 times a million?
    hit & run posting lol