Are you guys going to any concerts or music festivals this year?

Do you guys have plans for any concerts or music festivals this year? I'm going to the Inkcarceration festival in Mansfield ohio. It was a great time last year. It's a 3 day music festival at the Ohio State Reformatory in Mansfield, OH (the one they filmed the shawshank redemption in). It's great. lots of great bands, and they have tattoo artists there too so you can get tattoos. Also the prison is completely open to see too. So you can hang out in there when it gets too hot outside or just walk around to see it. They've got some good bands coming this year. I'm excited.
    Kom graun, oso na graun op. Kom folau, oso na gyon op.

#IStandWithGinaCarano

I've been looking into going to some. I haven't been to many in my life mostly because the "bigger" shows near my place are mostly shitty music. There's some good ones in different cities but I would need to take days off, find a lift, pay for my stay there and the show, so it's like a several hundred bucks for one show of music that I can listen to at any time. Sure it's a completely different experience but I have a hard time convincing myself. If it was close and I could just go one night without thinking any further I would do it.

I almost went to Heavy MTL last year but the 2 bands I wanted to see the most played at the same time so not only was it expensive, I would have only been able to see half of what I wanted to see. So I gave up lol. I'll see if there's anything accessible and interesting going on this year tho.

Quote Originally Posted by Swalload View Post
    I've been looking into going to some. I haven't been to many in my life mostly because the "bigger" shows near my place are mostly shitty music. There's some good ones in different cities but I would need to take days off, find a lift, pay for my stay there and the show, so it's like a several hundred bucks for one show of music that I can listen to at any time. Sure it's a completely different experience but I have a hard time convincing myself. If it was close and I could just go one night without thinking any further I would do it.

I almost went to Heavy MTL last year but the 2 bands I wanted to see the most played at the same time so not only was it expensive, I would have only been able to see half of what I wanted to see. So I gave up lol. I'll see if there's anything accessible and interesting going on this year tho.
    I haven't been to many in a long time. up until a couple of years ago anyways. I went to see Lindsey Stirling up in Interlochen, MI like 2 or 3 years ago and then last year me and my friends went to inkcarceration. Then I talked them into going to see Lindsey Stirling. I was surprised they enjoyed her show. One of my friends isn't really into the kind of music she plays but he had fun too.

#IStandWithGinaCarano

I’ve had a long break and didnt go anywherw for quite a long time, however this year I’m going to Godsmack gig in june and a festival also in june with pretty juicy lineup, incl. Amon Amarth, Slipknot, Testament, Crowbar, In flames - Mystic Festival in Cracow, PL.
    I don’t really counted in many rave junkie gigs because they are too niche and underground, I Also go for reasons beyond the music there.
    S.H.

Quote Originally Posted by Sfidt View Post
    I’ve had a long break and didnt go anywherw for quite a long time, however this year I’m going to Godsmack gig in june and a festival also in june with pretty juicy lineup, incl. Amon Amarth, Slipknot, Testament, Crowbar, In flames - Mystic Festival in Cracow, PL.
    I don’t really counted in many rave junkie gigs because they are too niche and underground, I Also go for reasons beyond the music there.
    Godsmack is going to be at inkcarceration. I've wanted to see them for a while now.

#IStandWithGinaCarano

10+ Year Old Account
    Going to RockUSA - www.rockusaoshkosh.com

Quote Originally Posted by the game View Post
    Godsmack is going to be at inkcarceration. I've wanted to see them for a while now.
    I’ve been listening to them for well over 12 years, but they had rarely ever been to Europe, let alone Poland, and now they are giving two gigs here <3 I’ve aleays been jealous of USA’s gigs. Many bands don’t tour abroad the states.
    S.H.

Quote Originally Posted by Sfidt View Post
    I’ve been listening to them for well over 12 years, but they had rarely ever been to Europe, let alone Poland, and now they are giving two gigs here <3 I’ve aleays been jealous of USA’s gigs. Many bands don’t tour abroad the states.
    shit voodoo released when I was still in highschool.

#IStandWithGinaCarano

My main musical taste is metal, and with many of my favorite bands being foreign bands who are fairly small in the US, many of them either don't play here or only play limited dates, often with none of them being local. So for me a lot of it will mainly just depend on who plays around here, and when. So far most bands I've looked up don't have any dates announced other than a few festival dates so I currently have no specific plans to attend anything, but that could certainly change if bands start posting dates for shows in the area.

yikes! just realized it's been almost 20 years since i last visited a music festival =/

but it was pretty much just an expensive excuse to get shitfaced.
    i used to have a running joke with my friends who went to several of these every year. "how many bands did you see?" :P
    I had fun once, it was terrible.

10+ Year Old Account
    Last time I went o a gig or festival was in 2015. Trying to get my life sorted before going to anymore.
    I love Warcraft, I dislike WoW

Unsubbed since January 2021, now a Warcraft fan from a distance