Thread: Arathi BG Tips

Arathi BG Tips

Hi. I'm grinding the 100 rep achievement. I barely touch PvP and i just finish the Warsong BG reputation with my fire mage (370 ilvl) doing a lot of this weeks brawls.

Now i want to grind The Arathi BG reputation. My question is wich is the best char to do it. I have 113 ally warrior, a 112 horde hunter, a 120 horde mage (370 ilvl) and 3 120 horde healers all at 370s (Priest, druid and pala). I think my mage is my best PvP toon but queues are faster with my hunter and is also already friendly. Ilvl matters at 120? queues as a healer are faster? playing a healer is better in that bg? ilvl matters at less than 120? Alliance win more?

ty

pd: Sorry for bad english
    Last edited by Otrew; 2019-01-12 at 01:17 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Otrew View Post
    Hi. I'm grinding the 100 rep achievement. I barely touch PvP and i just finish the Warsong BG reputation with my fire mage (370 ilvl) doing a lot of this weeks brawls.

Now i want to grind The Arathi BG reputation. My question is wich is the best char to do it. I have 113 ally warrior, a 112 horde hunter, a 120 horde mage (370 ilvl) and 3 120 horde healers all at 370s (Priest, druid and pala). I think my mage is my best PvP toon but queues are faster with my hunter and is also already friendly. Ilvl matters at 120? queues as a healer are faster? playing a healer is better in that bg? ilvl matters at less than 120? Alliance win more?

ty

pd: Sorry for bad english
    Going to assume you mean you are going after the reputation either for Defilers or the League, To be honest your best bet is to gather a group of good people that will make winning easier, whether you find it easier to do this as a healer or dps is entirely upto you. As in all BG's good dps are required, as much as good defenders and as much as good healers (both attacking / Defending). So as the rep grind is pretty lengthy, i'd pick the one you have most fun with. Healing can feel like you make more of a difference on your own, however, good dps are just as rare as good healers.

Ilvl does still matter, you will struggle to heal or deal dps fresh out of the gate, its worth to gather up a set of whatever the easiest lowhanging gear is be it 330's or 370's or whatever you find easiest in the time you have. The more ilvl the better but once you can kill things or keep things alive don't worry too much about meters or ilvl.

Alliance do not win more, certainly not at the weekend. Not sure why, maybe its the queue times, maybe its the lack of rewards, but generally alliance especially at weekends in randoms is a mess of very under geared, people who just whine and people not caring about objectives muddling around pointlessly (NB. your milage may vary - i have over 60% win ratio as alliance eu in ab overall - this expansion for me tho is toxic to play randoms at weekends). Having said this, if you play with 5 dedicated people putting their all in you might be able to change that.

Edit : Also use the zone map or similar (map awareness is key)

TL : DR - Pick a char you enjoy, sit tight for the long haul and try to form a group of decent people to help as you go.
    Last edited by ilik2345; 2019-01-12 at 11:21 PM.

Dunno what the dude above me wrote but the easiest way to get Exalted with the AB reputation is to just AFK at flags you have capped.

As a Horde, I'd just chill at Farm or Mines. I got exalted in like a week or two, though I was already somewhere into Revered at that point from having normally played so much. Still, it's something you can at least AFK through while actually watching/defending a base.

Warsong Gulch is an atrociously slow reputation to get to exalted, except on Warsong Scramble brawls. Then you get hit exalted in like two days.

Purchase Goblin Gliders, or make them...like a LOT of them
    Cap Bases, sit tight at them until they turn to your faction, you get a buff.
    Go with friends or people you find good in matches. Queue up with people to make a decent comp. Only really need like 2 people or 3 for a decent group.
    Discord or voice chat helps.

There is no "fastest way" to grind pvp rep, as it is purely determined by the outcome of the matches.

My suggestion is to just queue AB for a while, and just burn the rep down while trying to have fun, and work on achievements in the BG